- Despite being a relatively new business, the owners of Moverama have many years of proven industry experience.
- Although the specific rates are currently not posted, the basis for calculating rates is extremely transparent.
- Moverama places a priority on delivering great customers, which the online customer feedback clearly affirms.
- If you’re moving within the Philadelphia area and want to explore your options, check out our list of the best movers in Philadelphia.
How does Moverama compare to other Philadelphia movers?
|Company||Price||Vendor Type||Quoting options||Storage||Minimum Move Size||Interstate|
|Moverama||$$||Carrier||Phone/virtual estimate||Yes||1 bedroom||Yes|
|L & J Transportation||$$||Carrier||Phone/virtual estimate||Yes||1 bedroom||Yes|
|Broadstreet Movers||$$$||Carrier||Phone/virtual estimate/In-person||Yes||1 bedroom||Yes|
|Bellhop||$||Carrier||Phone/virtual estimate||Yes||1 bedroom||Yes|
- About Moverama Philly
- Services Offered
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider Moverama Philly
About Moverama Philly
Based in Philadelphia, MOVERAMA LLC was founded by moving industry veterans with the goals of offering excellent customer service.
In an interview, the organization described itself as having “Krishna consciousness” and based the company’s theme and logo on ancient concepts associated with The Hindu Lord Rama.
The organization currently does not maintain a listing with the Pennsylvania Moving & Storage Associates (pennmovers.org)
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2022
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2022 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
Pros & Cons
- Customer service and sales representatives are available 7-days a week.
- Straightforward pricing
- Consistent positive reviews and experiences by customers
- The company does not currently move pool tables, pianos, treadmills, or gun safes. An additional fee applies for moving refrigerators and other large items.
- Credit card payments are subject to an additional fee of 5%
Moverama offers a broad range of services
- Interstate Moving: Moverama is long-distance moving company providing services for both residential and commercial moves with local or cross-country destinations.
- Local Moving: Moverama provides local moving services for people moving within the Philadelphia area.
- Packing and unpacking: Professional packing services are available and occur on the day before the day of the move.
Moving and packing supplies: Customers may purchase moving boxes, packing material, tape, mattress bags, and other supplies from Moverama.
- Furniture assembly and disassembly: The company will assemble or disassemble basic furniture including beds and tables.
- Overnight storage: The company does provide overnight storage as needed for an additional fee.
How much does Moverama charge?
Customers seeking an estimate for an upcoming can use the quick quote form on this page or call the phone number for assistance. Customer service representatives also may use email for communication.
The hourly rates fluctuate seasonally and residential rates differ from commercial moving rates. All intrastate moving projects require a two-hour minimum. Travel time billing with hourly rates as a separate line item. Any four floors walkup units (no elevator) or more require an additional flat rate of $15 per hour. Hours rates also apply to packing services.
Long-distance moves are those that require 50 or more miles of travel and pricing are easily calculated based on the weight of the transport and mileage.
The acceptable forms of payment include cash, certified (bank) checks, or credit cards. A 5% service fee applies to all credit card payments. Personal checks are not accepted. Customers must make an initial deposit when booking a move and the balance is due upon completion.
A deposit is refundable with a 14-day advanced notice for standard moves or 28-day advanced notice for multi-day moves; otherwise, deposits are subject to forfeiture.
Any claims for loss or damage must occur within 48 hours after the completion of the move. All customers receive the federally-mandated insurance coverage of 60 cents (.60) per pound per item.
For the most accurate ball-park pricing for your move, get a free quote from our Moving Cost Calculator.
Moverama has an excellent online reputation
Moverama has a Google business profile with more than 40 reviews and an overall 4.9 of 5 ratings. Although they have good reviews online, the organization has no Better Business Bureau (BBB) page.
Their website (moveramaphilly.com) doesn’t contain a ton of information about the company, but they do have customer service reps available every day to answer any questions.
The good news is that they currently maintain a Yelp listing with feedback from more than 50 customers and an overall rating of 5 out of 5.
Is Moverama licensed and insured?
Moverama is registered with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC # A – 8919219) as required by moving companies, property carriers, and trucking companies.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||No|
For more information on how moving company regulations, and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), MOVERAMA LLC has registered as a carrier of household goods (MC# 985701) with five drivers, two vehicles, and logged 45,879 miles of travel in 2020.
MOVERAMA maintains $750,000 of insurance coverage for bodily injury and property damage (BIPD) and cargo protection. Other reported SAFER data includes a 0% Out of Service Rate and had zero crashes and four inspections in the past 24 months.
Should You Consider Moverama for a Move?
Moverama presents its services and pricing model clearly and simplistically. The organization appears well-organized and committed to providing excellent service for its customers.
They represent a very good option for residential or commercial customers with moving projects originating in the Philadelphia area going to either local or cross-county destinations.
For more help choosing the right moving company and a free moving quote, check out our moving cost calculator.
Or, browse some other top Philadelphia movers.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!