So how much will it cost you to hire movers from California to Georiga?
Quick Answer: The average cost to move from California to Georgia ranges from is $2,000-$9,200 depending on the size of the move, the route, and the time of year. Hiring a moving company from California to Georgia will be on the more expensive side. On the other hand, renting a truck or using a moving container will save you money but also require a lot more work.
We’re going to look at what you should expect when moving from California to Georgia. Here are a few links that’ll get you started:
- Best California to Georgia movers: The long-distance moving industry is full of scammy movers, and when all of your belongings are at stake, don’t take chances. These are the top movers for California to Georgia.
- How much will your move cost?: This cost calculator will provide an immediate calculation of what your move should cost. Just plug in your moving dates, the size of your move, where you’re moving to/from, and let the calculator do the rest.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load, and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Best car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle and is experienced.
How Much Does it Cost to Move from California to Georgia?
Moving costs will always vary depending on how much furniture you own, the kind of furniture, and the moving company you invest in. Expend to spend between $1,500 to $4,000 when moving from California to Georgia.
|Home Size||Professional Movers||Container||Freight||Rental Truck|
*Pricing above doesn’t include other moving-related expenses like lodging, gas, and tolls
People are still moving during the pandemic. Here’s why so many Californians are leaving the Bay Area.
What are the best California to Georgia movers?
|Company||Price||Vendor Type||Quoting options||Storage||Minimum Move Size|
|Proud American Van Lines||$$||Broker||Phone/virtual estimate||Yes, free 30 days||1 bedroom|
|Safeway Moving||$$||Carrier/Broker||Phone/virtual estimate||Yes, free 30 days||1 bedroom|
|JK Moving Services||$$$$||Carrier||Phone/virtual estimate||Yes||2 bedroom|
Why do moving costs vary so much?
Moving costs are like a personality test. Several factors, from your destination to all your knick-knacks, come together to create a unique price. These factors include:
- Summer season
- School season
- Recent travel restrictions
- Inbound vs outbound demand
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2021
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2021 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
How the season affects moving expenses
Even the timing of your move can affect the price. June, followed closely by July and August, is the most popular time to move in the United States. This drives up demand considerably and can leave you scrambling for an available mover. The holidays also see a lot of moving traffic, though California has no restrictions on travel outside of banning large gatherings.
For example: a studio apartment moving on the fourth of July (that’s a holiday and a weekend) could expect to spend around $2,790, while a less busy time would be lower at $2,230.
The difference between inbound and outbound moves
Not only does timing affect costs, but so does the difference between inbound and outbound moves. Inbound moves refer to the state people are moving to, while outbound moves represent the states that are being left behind. For example, when so few people are moving to California, that drives up the prices due to a lack of local demand.
Want to whittle down your moving costs as much as possible? Check out our Moving Cost Calculator, which also takes into account holidays and seasonal variations.
Why are people moving from California to Georgia?
California has been falling out of favor for years due to being too expensive. There are also understandable concerns about environmental hazards like wildfires and earthquakes.
Georgia, on the other hand, is considered one of the most affordable states in the country. Rent prices are similar: the average rent price for a one-bedroom apartment is $1,559, while the average rent price for a one-bedroom apartment in California is $1,436. Georgia’s lower tax rate and more affordable transportation, however, makes it the more cost-effective option.
Not to be outdone by the Golden State, Georgia is no slouch in the entertainment and culture department. Its positives include:
Cost of living
Affordable housing is one of today’s most talked about issues. Georgia is widely considered to be one of the more cost-effective states, especially compared to California and New York.
Gorgeous surrounding nature
There’s no doubt about it: Georgia is absolutely gorgeous. Its lush forests and balanced seasons make it perfect for outdoorsy types.
Creative and cultured
You don’t get much more cultured than Georgia. It’s a thriving hotspot for filmmakers and tech students, with a high volume of universities, theaters, and concert halls.
Feeling the pull of a major city? Atlanta, in particular, is famed for its:
Many people are moving to this country for business opportunities: it’s already the 10th largest economy in the States and is a magnet for creative, ambitious entrepreneurs.
Atlanta has consistently ranked high on lists of diverse cities, boasting a plethora of different races, cultures, and religions.
Brilliant food scene
Tasty food stands, legendary barbecue, and more food festivals than you can shake a stick at. Passionate foodies will, quite literally, have all they can eat.
What are some of the best places to move to in the destination?
The ideal neighborhood, just like your ideal move, depends on a few factors. Having a family, working remotely, and working within a tight budget are all valid reasons to narrow down your options.
For those considering Georgia as a whole:
- Savannah is a classical, charming Southern city that’s perfect for artists and history buffs.
- Prospective homeowners should check out Athens, boasting a thriving entertainment scene and competitive housing costs.
- Families with young children should consider Woodstock, a lovely city filled with parks and recreational hot spots. It’s also not too far from Atlanta!
For those wanting to move to Atlanta and aren’t sure where to get started:
- Summerhill is a great pick for families, thanks to its large residential homes and close proximity to grocers and restaurants
- Lake Claire is another family-friendly choice, located conveniently between quiet suburbs and more thriving downtown locations
- Candler Park is one of the most affordable locations in the city, ideal for students and remote workers who want to save as much money as possible
- Decatur is trendy, walkable, and right in the heart of downtown Atlanta culture.
- Kirkwood is a lush and forested location that’s ideal for families and single workers alike.
Moving to a brand new state doesn’t have to be a ball of stress. We’ve put together practical resources, such as our guide to the best interstate moving companies, to get you started on your next journey.