The Best Movers in Loraine 2023
Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Loraine
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Loraine area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Loraine for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$363||$154||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$517||$154||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$857||$216||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,021||$302||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,323||$302||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$3,593||$423||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Loraine move
- Parking Permits: In general, it is not permitted to park vehicles in front of private driveways, within intersections, on sidewalks and crosswalks, on expressways and freeways, in front of fire hydrants, or in close proximity to traffic lights and stop signs. Please contact the local government for parking policies per zone.
- State Licensing: Although a local license is not required in Ohio, make sure the moving company you’ll be hiring is registered with U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT). To verify if you’re dealing with a legal and licensed mover, you may ask them their USDOT registration number.
FAQs for Loraine movers
How do I find a reputable Loraine mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Loraine movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Loraine do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Loraine?
Some popular attractions in Loraine include:
- Lakeview Park
- Lorain Palace Theatre
- Lorain Lighthouse
- Lorain Historical Society - Carnegie Center
- Lorain Historical Society - Moore House Museum
- Lorain Port Authority
- Fish & Fowl Fishing Charter
- LoCo 'Yaks
- Sara J Fishing Charters
How’s the job market in Loraine?
Loraine’s unemployment rate is at %. Looking for a job in “Steel City”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Ohio city:
- Sprenger Health Care System
- Community Health Partners Regional Health System
- Lorain County Automotive Systems
- Community Health Partners Regional Foundation
- Trademark Global
- Clearview Local School District
- The Nord Center
- Lorain National Bank
- Lorain County Community Action Agency
- The LCADA Way
Helpful Loraine Resources
- How much does it cost to move to Loraine?
- Moving Experience: Kathy’s Move with American Van Lines
- Moving Experience – Elizabeth’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Adam’s Move with JK Moving
- Moving Experience: Irena’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Jason’s Move with U-Pack
Planning a move to Loraine? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Loraine
- Moving from New York City to Loraine
- Moving from Chicago to Loraine
- Moving from Houston to Loraine
- Moving from Phoenix to Loraine
- Moving to Loraine from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Akron Movers
- Canton Movers
- Cincinnati Movers
- Cleveland Movers
- Columbus Movers
- Dayton Movers
- Loraine Movers
- Toledo Movers
- Youngstown Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!