Moving from Arkansas to Greenville, SC: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The average cost to move from Arkansas to Greenville, SC ranges from $547 to $5,611. Moving costs will vary based on the amount of stuff being moved, the time of year, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself.
Moving out of state can feel overwhelming. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know for your move to Greenville, SC. But just in case you’re short on time, here are a few quick resources to get immediate answers.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Greenville, SC to Arkansas guide.
- How much will your move cost?: Want to narrow down how much your move will cost? Use our moving cost calculator to get more specific price ranges and recommendations on the best companies to use for your move.
- Best Arkansas to Greenville, SC movers: If you plan on hiring a moving company be sure to check out our list of the top movers from Arkansas to Greenville, SC.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Arkansas to Greenville, SC car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Okay, let’s talk about moving costs.
How much does it cost to move from Arkansas to Greenville, SC?
The table below lays out average cost ranges for different moving services depending on the size of your home.
|Size of the Move||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,185 - $3,728||$749 - $1,810||$507 - $949|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,228 - $5,611||$1,349 - $2,633||$547 - $1,127|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,914 - $8,037||$1,804 - $3,414||$683 - $1,363|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 674 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Arkansas to Greenville, SC will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Arkansas to Greenville, SC Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Arkansas to Greenville, SC?
To ship furniture from Arkansas to Greenville with a mover will cost between $1,185 to $3,728. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Greenville to SC will range from $2,228 to $5,611, and a large move from Arkansas to Greenville will cost from $3,914 to $8,037.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Arkansas to Greenville, SC?
Moving pods from Arkansas to Greenville will cost you $749 to $1,810 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,349 to $2,633. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $1,804 to $3,414.
How much is a moving truck from Arkansas to Greenville, SC?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $507 to $949. A larger move will cost $547 to $1,127, and a 4+ bedroom move from Arkansas to Greenville costs from $683 to $1,363.
How to ship a car from Arkansas to Greenville, SC
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable AR to Greenville, SC car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Arkansas to Greenville, SC a good idea?
Cost of Living: Arkansas vs Greenville, SC
|Average rent cost||$745||$1,247|
|Average home value||$162,962||$307,257|
|Average income (per capita)||$49,475||$65|
|State Income Tax||5.5%||7.0%|
Greenville sources: Zumper, Zillow, Numbeo
- Rent is about 67% more expensive in Greenville than in Arkansas.
- Home prices are about 88.5% higher in Greenville than in Arkansas.
- The average income is about 99.9% lower in Greenville than in Arkansas.
- Greenville has a higher unemployment rate than Arkansas by about 37.5%.
- Income taxes are 27.27% higher in Greenville than in Arkansas.
How is life different in Greenville from Arkansas?
|Political leaning||Republican 58-40||Republican 62-35|
Greenville sources: Wikipedia, AllTransit, Walk Score, NeighborhoodScout, AirNow
- The population of Greenville is approximately 98% lower than the population of Arkansas.
- In the last presidential election, Greenville voted Republican and Arkansas voted Republican.
- The average high in the summertime in Greenville is 90ºF and in Arkansas, it’s 91ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Greenville reaches the temperature of 31ºF and Arkansas gets down to 28ºF.
- You can expect about 51 inches of annual rainfall in Greenville vs 51 inches of rainfall in Arkansas.
- In Greenville, it snows about 3 inches annually vs 4 inches of snow in Arkansas.
- Greenville has a lower crime rate than Arkansas with a crime index of 33.06 vs 4.0.
Considerations for moving to Greenville, SC
- Weather: If you're moving to Greenville, SC, May, September and October are the best months to move to the city. Heat are tolerable and even desirable on some months. Winters are short and generally cool..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: One common and important example of something that should be handled ahead of time is reserving the building's elevator and finding out their rules for using the elevator.
- Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles, find out ahead of time with your new local rules.
- State Licensing: To promote safety, economic development, and ethical business practices, the South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS) oversees movers in the state. They are responsible for inspecting, examining, and auditing public utility providers like movers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a South Carolina moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: South Carolina does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to South Carolina. Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Arkansas movers?
|Admiral Movers Little Rock||Get A Quote||
7424 Lindsey Road, Little Rock, AR, 72206
|Elite Movers Inc||Get A Quote||
6301 Forbing Road, Little Rock, AR, 72209
|Mustard Seed Moving of Arkansas||Get A Quote||
11323 Arcade Drive, Little Rock, AR, 72212
Visit our Best Movers in Arkansas page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Need a local Greenville mover?
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
2731 White Horse Road, Greenville, SC, 29611
|HD Auston Moving Systems||Get A Quote||
200 Pate Drive, Greenville, SC, 29609
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
211 Fairforest Way, Greenville, SC, 29607
Visit our Best Movers in Greenville page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Greenville?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Greenville.
Museums in Greenville
- Upcountry History Museum
- Greenville County Museum of Art
- Museum and Library of Confederate History
- Bob Jones University Museum & Gallery
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum and Baseball Library
Parks in Greenville
- Paris Mountain State Park
- Runway Park at GMU
- Cleveland Park
- McPherson Park
- The Children's Garden at Linky Stone Park
- Cancer Survivors Park
Sports Teams in Greenville
- Greenville Drive (Baseball-South Atlantic League)
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (Hockey-ECHL)
- Greenville Triumph SC (Soccer-USL League One)
- Furman Paladins (Southern)
Universities in Greenville
- Greenville Technical College
- Bob Jones University
- Virginia College Greenville
- Brown Mackie College Greenville
- Furman University
Where to move to in Greenville, SC?
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Greenville," these are the best neighborhoods in Greenville to move to.
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Augusta Road
- Gower Estates
- River Walk
- Orchard Farms
- Half Mile Lake
- Neely Farm
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Greenville
- New York City to Greenville
- Chicago to Greenville
- Houston to Greenville
- Phoenix to Greenville
- Philadelphia to Greenville
- San Antonio to Greenville
- San Diego to Greenville
- Dallas to Greenville
- San Jose to Greenville
Learn more about Greenville, SC
- What Is The Cost To Move In Greenville?
- What Is The Cost To Move To South Carolina?
- Best Moving Companies in South Carolina
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!