Quick Answer: The cost to move from Los Angeles, CA to Flint, MI averages from $1,904 to $7,643 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Flint, MI. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Flint to Los Angeles guide.
- Best Los Angeles to Flint movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Los Angeles to Flint.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Los Angeles to Flint car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,273 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Los Angeles to Flint?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,301 - $5,262||$1,764 - $2,968||$1,757 - $2,312|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,596 - $7,643||$3,064 - $4,663||$1,904 - $2,752|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,752 - $11,815||$4,237 - $5,999||$2,427 - $3,379|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,273 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Los Angeles to Flint will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Los Angeles to Flint Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Los Angeles to Flint?
To ship furniture from Los Angeles to Flint with a mover will cost between $1,301 to $5,262. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,596 to $7,643, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Los Angeles to Flint will cost from $6,752 to $11,815.
How much are moving container companies from Los Angeles to Flint?
Moving containers from Los Angeles to Flint will cost you $1,764 to $2,968 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $3,064 to $4,663. A larger home will cost $4,237 to $5,999.
How much is a moving truck from Los Angeles to Flint?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,757 to $2,312. A larger move will cost $1,904 to $2,752, and a 4+ bedroom move from Los Angeles to Flint costs from $2,427 to $3,379.
How to ship a car from Los Angeles to Flint
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Los Angeles to Flint car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Los Angeles, CA to Flint, MI a good idea?
Cost of Living: Los Angeles vs Flint
|Average rent cost||$2,306||$650|
|Average home value||$2,110,111||$175,313|
|Average income (per capita)||$68,632||$62,233|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,060||$1,364|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,843||$3,162|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||4.25%|
- Rent Prices in Flint, MI are 72% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Home Prices in Flint, MI are 91.7% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Income in Flint, MI is 9.3% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Flint, MI is 28.7% higher than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Flint, MI is 17.7% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Flint, MI is 14.55% higher than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Flint, MI are 36.84% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Flint, MI are 68.05% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,139.6 in Flint to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Los Angeles.
How is life different in Los Angeles, CA to Flint, MI?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||5||8|
|Bike friendliness score||44||59|
- Flint’s population is about 99% less than Los Angeles.
- Flint’s public transportation is not as good as Los Angeles with a score of 5 vs 8.
- Flint is less walkable than Los Angeles with a score of 44 vs 69.
- Flint is less bike-friendly than Los Angeles with a score of 44 vs 59.
- Flint's crime rate is lower than Los Angeles with a score of 12.0 compared to 29.96.
- Flint is considered to be less safe than Los Angeles with a score of 21.98 vs 49.78.
- Air Quality in Flint is Good, and in Los Angeles it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Flint, MI
- Weather: Best months to plan your move to Flint City are August, July and June. Summers in Flint City are tolerable with moderate snowfall during winter..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: The agency regulating local and intrastate household goods movers in Michigan is the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC). State regulation and oversight activities include commercial vehicle registration and safety compliance, review of published tariff rates, licensing, and consumer protection efforts. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Michigan moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Michigan does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Flint. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Los Angeles Movers
|Seka Moving||Get A Quote||
355 S Grand Ave Suite 2450, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
|ABC Moving Systems||Get A Quote||
11301 W Olympic Blvd #727, Los Angeles, CA, 90064
|Excalibur Movers Los Angeles||Get A Quote||
529 South Broadway, Los Angeles, CA, 90013
Visit our Best Movers in Los Angeles page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Flint, MI
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Vehicle City", these are the best neighborhoods in Flint to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Grand Blanc charter township
- Fenton charter township
- Grand Blanc
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Grand Blanc charter township
- Grand Blanc
- Davison township
What to do in Flint
Moving to The “Vehicle City”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Michigan home.
- Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad
- Applewood Estate
- Applewood Estate
- Dort Federal Event Center
- University of Michigan Flint
- Masonic Temple
- Atwood Stadium
Get your sports on!Flint is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Flint Firebirds (OHL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Flint
- New York City to Flint
- Chicago to Flint
- Houston to Flint
- Phoenix to Flint
- Philadelphia to Flint
- San Antonio to Flint
- San Diego to Flint
- Dallas to Flint
- San Jose to Flint
Learn more about Flint
- What Is The Cost To Move In Flint?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Michigan?
- Best Moving Companies in Flint, MI
- Best Moving Companies in Michigan
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!