- Monster Moving is a newer motor carrier (est. 2020) based in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
- They provide moving interstate moving and auto transport services.
- Monster currently has an F rating on BBB due to numerous unresolved complaints and issues with their service.
- For other options to choose from, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies.
How does Monster Moving compare to other top movers?
Safeway Moving Systems
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Air Van northAmerican Van Lines
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
Jump to the Monster Moving review section that you’re looking for:
- About Monster Moving LLC
- Services Offered
- Customer Experience
- Licensing and Registrations
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Should You Consider Monster Moving?
About Monster Moving Company
Monster Moving is a newer motor carrier (2020) based in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. They recently added a location with storage capabilities in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Currently, they offer local and long-distance services for residential and commercial customers and many different full-service options. Although limited, the feedback from customers has been quite positive. Their website suggests the organization is detail-oriented, committed to price transparency, and is actively developing its brand.
Pros & Cons
- Wide variety of moving services
- Customer service is available seven days a week
- Provide enhanced insurance options
- Transparent Pricing
- F Rating on the Better Business Bureau
- Hire third-party movers for some interstate moves outside of their coverage area
- International transportation services are currently not available
- Dozens of negative reviews and unresolved complaints
Monster Moving offers a broad range of services
- Local Moves: Those moving from Chicago or Minneapolis will receive an in-home estimate with flat-rate guaranteed pricing.
- Long-Distance Moves: Offers interstate moving services nationwide using either a Full Container Load (FCL), which means the customer has a designated truck, or Consolidated Container (LCL) services, which means they divide the shipping container to accommodate the belongings of multiple customers to maximize efficiency.
- Corporate Moving: Businesses with moving and relocation projects will appreciate professionally managed and specifically customized services based on their needs. Their Corporate Moving Service program offers assistance for employees, offices, retail stores, and more.
- Packing Services: Professional packing, labeling, and custom-crating services are part of their full-service moving services. They currently offer three tiers of packing service and unpacking services as follows.
- Packing and Unpacking: Unpacking services are available for purchase separately.
- Storage Services: Locally, they have storage facilities in Chicago and Minneapolis that are fully secured 24/7. Climate-controlled units are available for storing items that are susceptible to extreme temperatures or humidity.
- Auto Transportation: Currently offers safe transport of all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more
- Specialty Services: Their team of experienced professionals will safely transport oversized items such as pool tables and pianos. They also consider high-priced or delicate items, including antiques or grandfather clocks, special items, and move them using custom-built crates.
They also have a few packages that you can choose from based on your needs and budget:
- Platinum Level: This option is an all-inclusive door-to-door level of service that includes all packing, loading, transporting, unpacking, and furniture disassembly and reassembly.
- Gold Level: Here, the customer packs the majority of smaller items into boxes and receives professional assistance with larger or more delicate belongings. This package includes furniture disassembly and reassembly.
- Silver Level: This is the basic included service that includes loading and unloading all items and furniture disassembly and reassembly.
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2022
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2022 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
How much does Monster Moving charge?
For an estimate, you need to contact the moving company or fill out the form on their website for a quote.
In-home estimates are available for those planning a three or more-bedroom move that will originate in the greater Chicago, IL, or Minneapolis, MN areas.
The website contains a form for requesting a moving quote online and having a representative contact you during business hours. You can also call the phone number on their website to talk to a representative about specific needs. There is no mention of whether they offer remote video estimates.
Acceptable payment methods include cash, traveler’s or bank checks, money orders, and credit cards. Personal checks are not accepted.
For more free quotes from top moving companies, check out our moving cost calculator.
Overall, Monster Moving does not have a good online presence
In the short time, they’ve been in business, Monster Moving has amassed many negative online reviews.
Their BBB rating currently stands at an F. They also have an alert on their business profile calling out that they have yet to address enough complaints and BBB recognizes a pattern of complaints from this business.
The following is a summary of the categories (nature) of the complaints received.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||0|
|Collections or Billing||5|
|Warranty or Guarantee||0|
|Product or Service Problems||8|
Is Monster Moving licensed and insured?
Monster Movers have a license by the Department of Transportation (DOT #3341080). They also have listings on all five major databases monitored by the DOT.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed (Not Accredited)|
|Vehicle Fleet||Number Owned or Leased|
Monster includes the federally mandated minimum valuation coverage for all transported belongings at no additional charge.
This provides coverage of .60 per pound per item up to a maximum of $10,000 without a deductible. For example, a customer receives $30 in compensation for a 50-pound piece of damaged or lost furniture. Customers must complete a high-value article inventory form for any items valued beyond $100 per pound.
Additional Insurance is available for customer purchase from several sources. Full Value Protection is available directly through Monster or by using MovingInsurance.com up to 72 hours before your move. Full Value Protection requires written disclosure of the value of all items in the inventory. Pricing options may vary based on the deductible amount chosen.
Customers are encouraged to review their existing homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies to check if they include any moving-related coverage.
Should You Consider Monster Moving for a Move?
We do not recommend using Monster Movers for your local or interstate move. They have not been able to address their complaints or show that they have made any changes to their processes. It’s not worth the risk to use a company that has an overwhelmingly negative track record.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Check out some other reviews of top movers:
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!