Information We Collect and Receive
You may choose to submit information to us when you use our Services, when you participate in an offer or promotion, or in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us. More information about the categories and sources of Personal Data is provided below.
Information You Provided to Us
We collect Personal Data that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information in order to use certain parts of our Services, fulfill your requests, or provide you with certain services.
Requesting a Quote
When you request a quote, we may require you to provide your current physical address, desired moving address, insurance information, telephone number, and other information about your project, home, request, or need.
Surveys and Reviews
From time to time, we may request Personal Data from you in conjunction with a customer survey. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose Personal Data to the Services. You may also provide us with information when you post a review through the Services.
If you contact us by email, telephone or any other means to report a problem with our Services, or you request information from us, we may record your Personal Data, as well as the content of your communication to help us respond to your inquiry and for future training purposes. You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, or (iii) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us.
Information We Obtain from Others
We may obtain Personal Data about you from third parties who help us provide our Services. We may also obtain some information from our marketing partners in order to inform you about products or services that we think you might be interested in. Finally, we may obtain information that does not identify you directly, but which is later used in a way that may directly identify you. We may combine that general information with your Personal Data to provide related services to you.
Information We Automatically Collect
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Services, including internet or other network activity information (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Services), and cookies and other technologies (as described below). Information collected automatically includes:
We retain information about you when you access and use the Services. This information can include the following: Internet Protocol ("IP") address, timestamps, browser information, Internet Service Provider, webpages visited, and the URL of the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services.
We monitor user activity in connection with the Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, websites you visit, as well as types and amount of the Services you use.
Crash and Error Information
If the Services crash or return an error, we may collect data to determine the cause of the error using first or third-party services. The crash or error information collected may include the following: device IP address, device name, operating system version, application configurations(s), the time and date, and other statistics.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Below, we explain the different types of cookies that may be used on the Services.
Necessary cookies are essential to enable your use of the Services and to identify and prevent security risks, such as storing your session information to prevent others from changing your password without your username and password.
We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences and to improve your experience on our website and in using our Services. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
Session cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from your device when you close the browser. We use these cookies to support the functionality of the Services and to understand your use of the Services—that is, which pages you visit, which links you use, and how long you stay on each page.
Statistics cookies help collect information about your use of the Services and enable us to improve the way it works. These cookies give us aggregated information that we use to monitor the Services' performance, count page visits, spot technical errors, see how users reach the Services, and measure the effectiveness of marketing (including emails).
Marketing cookies are used to show users display advertisements across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. We do not display ads for any website besides our own.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (about usage including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics of the Services and response rates.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the Personal Data that we collect for our legitimate interests and the limited purpose of providing the Services and as permitted by applicable law. These purposes include circumstances where it is necessary to provide or fulfill the Services requested by or for you or where you have given us your express consent. We may use your Personal Data to:
- Provide the information, products, and services you request;
- Service your account and provide you, if you are a registered user, with effective customer service;
- Better understand your needs and interests, and provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Services;
- Contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- Contact you with information that you have requested and notices related to your use of our Services;
- Invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- Improve our products and services, develop new products and services, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and improve the content, functionality, and usability of the Services;
- Promote security and protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities;
- Verify the information you provide to us as well as the representations and warranties you make to us in our policies or on the Services;
- Meet our internal and external audit obligations; and
- Use for any other purpose for which we provide notice at the time of collection.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services and from other sources so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device ("Aggregate/De-Identified Information"). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including, without limitation, for research and marketing purposes.
How We Share and Disclose Information
We provide access to or share your Personal Data with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your Personal Data for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including, for example, billing, sales, marketing, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
We provide access to or share your Personal Data with our business partners, such as moving companies, to facilitate your transactions and the services that you request.
Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and we may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
We may ask for your consent to share your Personal Data with third-parties. When we do, we will make clear why we want to share the information. We may share your information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or with your further direction.
From time to time, we may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
We may also disclose your Personal Data when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose your Personal Data to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of our Services; to enforce or apply our policies or other agreements; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. We will attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority.
Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), Personal Data may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, your Personal Data would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
- You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. In addition to the browser-based controls, you can manage third party cookies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/. Alternatively, for some devices, you may use your device's platform controls in your settings to exercise choice. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
- If you do not provide the information that we need to provide the Services, we may not be able to provide with the Services or certain functionalities. We will tell you what Personal Data that you must provide in order to use the Services and related functionalities or services.
- Some browsers offer a "do not track" ("DNT") option. Since no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make reasonable efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Your California Privacy Rights
- If you are a resident of the State of California, you have certain rights afforded to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act or the “CCPA”. When we say "Personal Information" in this Section, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
- We collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Section above titled "How We Use Your Information", and we share Personal Information with the categories of third-parties described in the Section above titled "How We Use Share and Disclose Your Information". We do not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt-out).
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- You have the right to request that we no longer sell your Personal Information to third-parties; and
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
- California residents may make a request pursuant to their "right to know", "right to request deletion", and/or "right to opt-out" under the CCPA by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” Section below. In order to verify your request to know or delete information, we may require you to provide us with certain information to be used solely for the purpose of verifying your identity.
- Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased services from us, you may submit a request to opt-out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” Section below. Please note that we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Data Processing and Data Transfers
We take reasonable precautions intended to help protect your Personal Data that we collect. Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted across the Internet. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Services are directed to individuals over the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of thirteen (13) (“Children”). If we become aware of any Children who have provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to delete their Personal Data. If you become aware of information from Children, which has been provided to us, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.