- Mr. Car Shipper is an auto transport broker based in Nebraska.
- They are an experienced company working with transporters across the country.
- They are well-respected in the industry with positive reviews and an A+ rating with the BBB.
- The company is one of few in the auto shipping field to offer their customers contingent cargo insurance.
- For more top car shippers, check out our list of the top car shipping companies in the U.S.
Jump to the Mr. Car Shipper review section that you’re looking for:
- About Mr. Car Shipper
- Pros and Cons
- Services Offered
- Customer Experience
- Licensing and Registrations
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Should You Consider Mr. Car Shipper?
About Mr. Car Shipper
Mr. Car Shipper (U.S. DOT# 2310535) is an auto shipping broker with headquarters in Bellevue, Nebraska. As a broker, they help schedule your move with a notable moving company in your area. While their offices are located in the Nebraska/Kansas region, they work with auto transporters across the United States.
Mr. Car Shipper started brokering auto moves in 2012 and received accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in 2016. Jerry Teeter, the company’s CEO, has worked in the car shipping industry for 17 years and stands behind the distinctive quality of his service.
The broker works specifically with auto transporters, offering long-distance services for open, enclosed, exotic, and luxury vehicles. They also offer motorcycle transport, long-distance towing, and equipment hauling.
The company offers its own contingent cargo insurance, covering your vehicle where shipping companies cannot. The Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN), an organization sponsored by the Department of Defense that helps connect military personnel to rental properties, verifies their customer satisfaction and performance. Additionally, major moving companies, such as PODS and U-Pack, have vetted the company for its reputation.
- Local and long-distance moves, including Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada
- Free estimate through the link on their website
- Accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Offers contingent cargo insurance for added coverage
- Does not ship household goods
- Does not respond to customer complaints regularly
- Not registered with AI FMCSA
Mr. Car Shipper offers a wide range of services
- Local Moves: The company works in the regional area of Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, and Iowa. Mr. Car Shipper can help schedule your car transport with local shippers in these areas.
- Long Distance Moves: The company works with auto transporters across the country. They can handle shipping your vehicle anywhere you move in the United States.
- Interstate/International Moves: Besides offering interstate services, Mr. Car Shipper has experience transporting vehicles to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada.
- Motorcycle Transport: Not only can the company broker the move of your car, but they can also ensure safe transportation of your motorcycle.
- Equipment Hauling: This auto shipping broker can help ship larger equipment, including dozers, forklifts, farm equipment, etc.
- Driveaway services: While standard auto transportation entails loading your vehicle on a truck, Mr. Car Shipper also works with reputable drivers that can personally drive your car to your desired location.
How much does Mr. Car Shipper charge?
Mr. Car Shipper is confident in their ability to offer an estimate that does not change from their quote. Customers can complete a simple form on their website to receive a free estimate. Their customer service agents will calculate the approximate cost of the auto transportation and email their customers within one business day.
The broker uses a simple form to calculate the cost. In the form, customers will provide:
- The vehicle pickup location
- The vehicle delivery location
- The vehicle’s information (year, make, model)
- The estimated shipping date, and
- The customer’s contact information
Mr. Car Shipper notes that customers must book the order within five (5) business days of the move for the quote to stay accurate. Any moves that are adjusted will be subjected to re-pricing.
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
How is Mr. Car Shipper’s customer service?
Mr. Car Shipper’s offices are open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Additionally, their customer support hotline is open and available 24/7. Customers can find their phone number at the top of the page on their website.
The company makes contacting them easy either by phone or by the form on their website, although it is unclear if they accept contact via email.
While Mr. Car Shipper does not advertise a pricing or on-time delivery guarantee, they do offer contingent cargo protections. This saves their customers from deductibles if their vehicles are damaged in transit.
To support their insurance, the company’s customer service representatives personally guide customers through collecting their claims.
Is Mr. Car Shipper licensed?
The moving industry uses a collection of databases to collect information about the various moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
The databases provided below help us determine the credibility of Mr. Car Shipper and the accuracy of the information on their website.
|DATABASE||Are they listed?|
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed but not accredited|
Mr. Car Shipper provides information on their website that is accurate to the information listed on these government databases. The company is deliberate when describing the role of moving brokers and what their customers can expect when using their services.
How is Mr. Car Shippers’ online reputation?
Mr. Car Shipper’s unique services and performance have earned them quality reviews. When searched on Google, the company holds a business rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars with just under 250 reviews. Customers are commonly praising their punctuality and quality of work, and their professionalism is also noted.
The transportation broker’s reputation transfers to their Better Business Bureau (BBB) account. Mr. Car Shipper holds an accreditation and maintains an overall rating of A+.
The accredited company has received only one complaint in the last three years. The nature of the complaint is related to product or service issues. It is unclear how Mr. Car Shipper handled the complaint. After the complaint, their BBB reviews stand at 4.87 out of five stars from 83 customer reviews.
Mr. Car Shipper has an overall Yelp review of 2.5 out of 5 stars from 7 customer reviews. Complaints are based around punctuality and customer service. The company has not claimed its account on Yelp and has not responded to reviews.
The company includes information about its services and employees on its website. Customers can find a description of their service category near the bottom of the front page. Mr. Car Shipper mentions the contingent cargo insurance they provide to customers several times. Other information includes referrals from major companies, such as PODS and U-Pack, and Google reviews from customers.
The broker’s CEO, Jerry Teeter, introduces himself and his experience on the front page with Youtube videos. He speaks to potential customers about his company’s services and how they differ from other auto shipping brokers. His employees are also introduced on the quote page before customers fill in the estimate form.
The company’s Facebook page has an active community. Over 280 people follow their social media page, with a 4.7 out of 5-star rating from 86 reviews. They post once a month and respond to positive comments from their customers.
Mr. Car Shipper is an auto transport broker with a long history and a proven reputation. With over 15 years of experience in the auto shipping industry, Jerry Teeter is leading his field, offering contingent cargo insurance where his competitors do not. His leadership is backed with accreditation with the BBB, where the company maintains an A+ rating.
Mr. Car Shipper offers a comprehensive list of services. They can help book car transport both locally and across the country. The company can even ship vehicles to Alaska and Hawaii. They typically move cars, but the broker can also schedule motorcycles and heavy equipment shipment.
With 24-hour customer service, Mr. Car Shipper communicates clearly with their customers. While the company does not respond to negative reviews, their ratings across the internet suggest that they receive few.
Overall, if you are searching for a broker that will take the utmost care of your vehicle, Mr. Car Shipper is a company worth considering. They may offer a premium value, but this broker has your vehicle covered if you appreciate the added insurance.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated car shipping companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!