Excalibur Moving Group Review
- Excalibur Moving Group is a national moving broker located in Florida.
- The moving broker works with established carriers to handle local and long-distance moves
- The company has received numerous complaints regarding responsiveness and final charges
- Excalibur Moving Group is currently not authorized to broker moves, according to the licensing and insurance FMCSA government database
- Not recommended for: This company is currently not authorized to broker moves.
- For even more long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies of 2021.
How does Excalibur Moving Group compare to other professional movers?
Jump to the Excalibur Moving Group review section that you’re looking for:
- About Excalibur Moving Group
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider Excalibur Moving Group
About Excalibur Moving Group
Excalibur Moving Group (U.S. DOT# 3054918) is a national moving broker located in Boynton Beach, Florida. Moving brokers act as intermediaries by coordinating moves with established carriers, but they do not physically handle their customers’ s household goods.
While established in 2017, the company claims to have 16 years of experience in the moving industry.
The moving broker works with authorized carriers to handle local and long-distance moves. The company can also help coordinate business moves.
The company has seen turbulence in the last year. As of March 2022, Excalibur Moving Group is not authorized to broker moves and does not have bonded insurance on file.
While they provide a broker disclaimer at the bottom of their website, the broker displays outdated reviews and has removed their business display from Google business.
- Offers local and long-distance moves
- Provide free quotes on their website
- Do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii
- Has issues with responsiveness and final charges
- Currently not authorized to broker moves
Excalibur Moving Group offers a broad range of services
Excalibur Moving Group works with established carriers to provide a complete list of services.
- Local Moves: The moving broker’s list of agents is capable of moving residential and business belongings in the Boynton Beach area and across Florida
- Long Distance Moves: The company can handle the logistics of moving across state lines, excluding Hawaii and Alaska
- Corporate Relocation: Excalibur Moving Group works with credible carriers to manage complicated business moves
- Packing/Unpacking: The moving broker offers customized packing services for residential and business moves. This includes kitchen supplies, wardrobes, and specialty items
- Short and Long-term Storage: The company offers a variety of temperature-controlled solutions for short and long-term storage
- Vehicle Transport: The company works with capable shipping carriers that can transport personal and corporate vehicles
How much does Excalibur Moving Group charge?
Because all moves are unique, each customer will have to contact Excalibur Moving Group for a quote.
Excalibur Moving Group offers free quotes on its website. Customers interested in receiving their free estimate must fill out a form on the company’s website, providing:
- Their pickup and drop-off locations
- The type of move
- Their contact information
Customers can also call or email with the contact information provided on the company’s Contact Us page.
Excalibur Moving Group offers both non-binding and binding estimates. While non-binding estimates can be considered “ballpark,” a binding estimate locks in the amount due as long as move conditions are unchanged.
Aspects that can affect an estimate include:
- Date of the move
- Distance of the move
- Size of the home
- Weight of belongings
- Moving Add-ons
- Packing and Storage
Customers with a preferred estimate type should make their request with the moving broker during the screening process.
Excalibur Moving Group has a strict cancellation policy.
For customers to receive a refund on their move, they will have to provide written notice within 72 hours of booking.
Customers canceling after 72 hours will not receive a refund, but the deposit may be applied to future moves.
Any moves canceled within five business days of the pickup date are non-refundable. Every refund is charged 10% of merchant fees.
To get a quote on your move and find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
What is Excalibur Moving Group customer service like?
Excalibur Moving Group’s business hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. They are closed on weekends.
Customers can talk to a service representative to book an appointment or receive a free quote. The company provides its phone number and email address on its website.
At this time, Excalibur Moving Group does not offer pricing or on-time delivery guarantees.
While the moving broker positions itself as customer-friendly, some online reviews suggest otherwise. Many customers have expressed issues with professionalism, timeliness, and miscommunication.
Does Excalibur Moving Group have a good online reputation?
Since opening five years ago, the Excalibur Moving Group has had a relatively rocky start. The moving broker is no longer listed on Google Business, despite sharing its reviews on their website.
When searched on government databases, the company also has little to show. Excalibur Moving Group is unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau and has a D- rating.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||0|
|Collections or Billing||0|
|Warranty or Guarantee||0|
|Product or Service Problems||3|
Those considering working with Excalibur Moving Group will find a more comprehensive review of the company on Yelp. The moving broker maintains a 1.5 out of 5-5 rating with 126 reviews. Many customers express challenges with responsiveness, damages, and final charges. Some customers claim their items were held hostage.
An overwhelming majority of reviews are outdated. When searching on Yelp, the most recent customer review was posted in March 2021.
The company’s website shares little information about its current status. Excalibur Moving Group last updated its website in 2018. Considering that this company is currently not authorized to broker moves, they may be in the process of restructuring.
Is Excalibur Moving Group licensed and insured?
The moving industry uses databases to collect information about various moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases are compared alongside company websites, social media pages, and review sites (such as Yelp) to determine the moving business’s credibility and transparency.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed (Not Accredited)|
After analyzing government databases, we found that Excalibur Moving Group is not currently authorized to broker moves. The company does not have the required bonded insurance to provide these services. The broker also claims to have 16 years of experience in the moving industry, although they started business in 2017.
In addition, Excalibur Moving Group advertises outdated reviews on its website.
In fact, its Google Business account is no longer available, and its Yelp reviews stand at just 1.5 out of 5 stars.
For more information on moving company regulations and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
Should You Consider Excalibur Moving Group for a Move?
Excalibur Moving Group is a moving broker based in Southeast Florida. The company works with established moving carriers in the local area to handle local and long-distance moves.
The moving broker has a short and challenging history. Customers have unanimously expressed concerns about responsiveness, damages, and final charges.
Overall, those planning a move should consider one of our recommended moving companies. As of March 2022, Excalibur Moving Group is not authorized to broker moves.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!