- Open Road Moving and Storage is an interstate moving broker based in South Florida.
- They have several years of experience coordinating long-distance moves.
- The company offers a wide variety of services, including vehicle transportation, packing, and storage.
- While unaccredited, the company holds an overall rating of A+ with the BBB.
- Some customers express frustrations with estimates and punctuality.
How does Open Road Moving and Storage compare to other professional movers?
Safeway Moving Systems
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Air Van northAmerican Van Lines
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
- About Open Road Moving and Storage
- Pros and Cons
- Services Offered
- Customer Experience
- Licensing and Registrations
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Should You Consider New Leaf Moving Group?
About Open Road Moving and Storage
Open Road Moving and Storage (U.S. DOT#3108059) is a national moving broker located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Moving brokers help book your move with an established moving company near you. They launched their business in 2018, and its owners, John Cooney and Sean Miller have been in the transportation industry since 2016.
The brokerage specializes in long-distance moves while also offering local services along Florida’s Southeast coast. However, they do not own a truck of their own.
Open Road is an established broker with quality connections to moving companies, ensuring their customers discounted prices on their moves.
The company offers both local and long-distance moving for residential and business customers. They also offer packing and unpacking services, short and long-term storage, and vehicle transportation. In special cases, Open Road can help ship commercial goods across international borders.
Pros & Cons
- Offer a full range of service
- An established company with experienced owners
- Discounted prices with associated moving companies
- Have very few complaints from customers
- No services to Alaska or Hawaii
- Not BBB Accredited
- No online booking
Open Road Moving and Storage offers a wide range of services
- Residential: Open Road Moving and Storage can connect local customers with reputable moving companies in the Southeast Florida area. This includes West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and the surrounding area.
- Commercial: This company can help businesses relocate across the country. Commercial customers will receive personalized packing and wrapping, and removal of goods. Open Road will also assist in moving products for warehousing and retail.
- State-to-State: Open Road specializes in long-distance moving. They have reputable sources for moving companies across the country to help customers find the best price for a quality move.
- Automobile Transport: They can arrange to transport your automobile safely and quickly to your new location. Contact one of their representatives for more information or to schedule this service.
- Packing/unpacking: Open Road works with specialized packers to prepare customers’ goods to be transported. They connect customers with this service for both residential and commercial moves.
- Storage: The brokerage connects with cross-country moving companies that offer crating services for long-distance moves. Customers can also have their goods stored long-term while waiting to attain their new property.
How much does Open Road Moving and Storage charge?
Open Road has stated that their large database of moving companies recommends “valuable discounts” when using their services. As such, their moves tend to be 34% lower than the industry average.
While the company does not offer a free online quote, customers can call a customer representative to receive a basic estimate. Open Road calculates their pricing based off:
- Location size you are moving,
- Moving company availability, and
For interstate moves, the company breaks down their payments into three installments. Customers will pay the first installment as a deposit, the second at the pickup location, and the third at the delivery location.
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
How is Open Road Moving and Storage’s customer service?
Customers can contact Open Road Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The company is closed on Sundays. You can reach them using their website’s contact information, including phone and email.
The company also offers a pricing guarantee. When comparing prices among other reputable brokers and with a similar volume quote, Open Road Moving and Storage will match prices. They have tried to offer the best service in their area, and their relationship with their customers testifies to that.
Booking an appointment can be done quickly by calling the phone number listed on their website. Their hotline is clean and easy to understand, and reaching a customer representative is stress-free. You can reach out to them before, during, or after a call, keeping communication about your move open and up-to-date.
Is Open Road Moving and Storage licensed?
The moving industry uses a collection of databases to collect information about the various moving companies. When assessing a moving company, we check five databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
|DATABASE||Are they listed?|
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed but not accredited|
The services and information claimed by Open Road Moving and Services on their website are accurate compared to the information provided through these databases. They directly state that they are a moving broker and not a carrier and inform customers of the exact service they provide.
How is Open Road Moving and Storage’s online reputation?
Open Road Moving and Storage have earned their quality reputation. When searching the company on Google, they hold a business review of 3.7 with over 200 reviews. The company is proud of its quality assurance and has even posted a link on their website to My Moving Reviews, showing a similar rating.
Many customers have stated having a pleasant and stress-free experience when working with customer service representatives. While some moves do not go perfectly, the company makes a concerted effort to reach out to customers regarding their issues. Many problems are resolved, and Open Road tends to receive few complaints.
While Open Road Moving and Services is not accredited with the BBB, they maintain an overall rating of A+ for their relationships with their customers.
The company is not BBB accredited but has closed only eight complaints in the last three years. Here is a breakdown of the categories of the complaints.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||2|
|Collections or Billing||0|
|Warranty or Guarantee||0|
|Product or Service Problems||4|
While boasting good reviews on Google and BBB, the company has a 1.5-star rating on Yelp. Many customers on the platform explain the difficulty with inaccurate estimates and late arrival times. In addition, some customers share frustrations reaching the broker once the move is in process. However, it claims the owners reach out to poor customer experiences with compensation as a sign of goodwill.
The company does not have a social media presence, although they seem to have been setting up a Facebook and Youtube account in the past. Their website is concise and easy to navigate, although it lacks detailed information on their services.
The information on the company’s website is brief, and they could provide more quality to their customers by introducing the owners and their experiences in the moving industry. Elaborating on the broker’s role in the moving process would go a long way in relieving the miscommunication they have with some of their customers.
Open Road Moving and Storage is a cut-and-dry moving broker that will help customers schedule a value move on a tight budget. Despite negative reviews on Yelp, it seems the company has worked toward clearly stating what they do while bridging relationships with their customers.
The company has many years of experience moving goods cross-country, and the exhaustive list of services provided testifies to their capability. While doing your research is beneficial in choosing the right moving service for your needs, Open Road tends to have the knowledge backed up by good testimonies to get the job done.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!