- Purple Heart Moving Group is a national moving broker located in Southeast Florida
- The broker specializes in military relocations
- Purple Heart has shown poor performance in the past
- Customers have taken issue with damages, delivery issues, and deceptive business practices
- The company is unaccredited with the BBB and holds an F rating
- Purple Heart Moving Group isn’t currently authorized to broker moves
- The verdict: We don’t recommend using Purple Heart Moving Group
- For better long-distance moving options, check out our picks for the top interstate moving companies of 2022
How does Purple Heart Moving Group compare to other professional movers?
Safeway Moving Systems
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Air Van northAmerican Van Lines
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
Jump to the Purple Heart Moving Group review section that you’re looking for:
- About Purple Heart Moving Group
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider Purple Heart Moving Group
About Purple Heart Moving Group
Purple Heart Moving Group (U.S. DOT# 3002113) is a national moving broker headquartered in Lake Worth, Florida. Moving brokers leverage economies of scale to offer discounted prices on moves, but they do not physically handle or transport their customer’s household goods.
The company has four years of experience in the moving industry. They work with carriers to provide both local and long-distance moves. While they can handle residential and commercial jobs, they position themselves as the premier moving company for military personnel.
Purple Heart Moving Group partners with carriers authorized to work with the General Services Administration (GSA) on military moves. The company also donates a portion of earnings to non-profits that support veterans and the military. If you are planning a military or government move, confirm that your carrier has GSA authorization.
As a family-owned business, Purple Heart Moving Group is active in the community. However, as of this writing, the company is not authorized to broker moves.
You can check the company’s status with the DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) here.
Pros & Cons
- Family-owned business
- Specialize in military moves and donates a portion of earnings to military-related non-profits
- Free estimates on the company’s website
- A history of deceptive business practices
- Unaccredited with the BBB with an F rating
- Not authorized to broker moves
Purple Heart Moving Group offers a broad range of services
Purple Heart Moving Group uses its network of carriers to provide a variety of services, but its core business is military moves.
- Local moves: Purple Heart Moving Group works with local movers in Southeast Florida to provide residential and commercial moving services. Their local service area covers West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami
- Long-distance moves: The moving broker has a network of movers capable of handling moves out of state and across the country, excluding Hawaii and Alaska
- Corporate relocation: The company coordinates moves for commercial businesses businesses of all sizes while focusing on minimizing downtime
- Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group specializes in military moves. The carriers in their network have approval from the General Services Administration (GSA) to work with military personnel. They even claim to handle overseas moves
- Packing and unpacking: The moving broker can accommodate full-service or customized packing. Their movers have the packing materials to safely transport kitchen supplies, wardrobes, and unique and fragile items. You can also inquire about purchasing packing materials to self-pack
- Short and long-term storage: The company offers a variety of storage solutions for residential and commercial moves. They can book last-minute storage in standard and climate-controlled facilities
- Auto transportation: Purple Heart Moving Group works with dedicated vehicle transport carriers. They can drop your vehicle off right at your door or schedule a suitable alternative when this isn’t possible
How much does Purple Heart Moving Group charge?
Because each move is different, “ballpark” pricing is often inaccurate. Those interested in working with Purple Heart Moving Group should inquire about a customized moving estimate.
The moving broker offers free estimates on its website. Those interested in a free quote must provide their pick-up and drop-off locations, the size of the move, and their contact information.
Customers can also ask about a free quote using the phone number, email, or contact form provided on the company’s Contact Us page. Purple Heart Moving Group is setting up a live chat feature for further convenience. However, representatives are currently unavailable at this time.
As a moving broker, Purple Heart Moving Group works with various carriers, most of which provide one of the following two estimate types:
- Binding – cost is locked in as long as items haven’t been added and move conditions haven’t changed
- Non-binding – the final costs may be more or less than estimated, depending on the actual weight of the shipment and services provided
Factors that affect move cost include:
- Date and seasonality
- Size of home or apartment
- Weight of belongings
- Moving add-ons like custom crating and appliance services
- Packing and unpacking
- Moving valuation
Purple Heart Moving Group has a relatively strict cancellation policy. To have a deposit refunded, customers must cancel in writing within 5 days of reserving their move and at least 5 days before scheduled pick-up. All refunds are subject to a 5% cancellation fee.
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2022
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2022 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
How is Purple Heart Moving Group’s customer service?
Purple Heart Moving Group makes it easy for customers to contact them. The company’s office is open between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday and from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. The company is closed on Sunday.
You can inquire about a free estimate or book an appointment with a representative using the phone number, email, or contact form listed on the company’s Contact Us page. For those with quick questions, there’s also a live chat feature.
While the company doesn’t offer pricing or on-time delivery guarantees, it may be able to accommodate last-minute moves.
Despite perceived efforts to provide good service, customers generally have less than satisfactory experiences. Many have claimed that their items were damaged or lost altogether, and that the company wasn’t forthright about its status as a broker.
Does Purple Heart Moving Group have a good online reputation?
The moving broker has a history of disappointing its customers. When searched on Google Business, Purple Heart Moving Group holds a 3 out of 5-star rating with over 700 reviews. Among the reviews, many customers claim issues with damages, delivery times, and final charges.
Likewise, Purple Heart Moving Group is unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau and maintains an F rating.
The company has a 1 out of 5-star rating on the BBB with 6 reviews. Although this isn’t enough to draw hard and fast conclusions, customers share frustrations with damages and final charges.
Purple Heart Moving Group received 87 complaints filed against them in the last three years, with 3 of them in the previous 12 months. This suggests that the moving broker has halted business since its authorization went inactive.
Below is a breakdown of the types of complaints Purple Heart Moving Group has received in the last three years.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||6|
|Collections or Billing||14|
|Warranty or Guarantee||1|
|Product or Service Problems||46|
Purple Heart Moving Group received 61 official complaints on the National Consumer Complaint Database. According to records on the AI FMCSA, the moving broker has issues with final charges, delivery times, and deceptive business practices. The majority of these complaints came in 2020 before their broker status went inactive.
The moving broker continues to display patterns of poor service on public review sites. Purple Heart Moving Group holds a 2.9 out of 5-star rating on My Moving Reviews with nearly 200 reviews. Many people have issues with delivery times and final charges, and some claim the company participates in bait and switch practices.
Is Purple Heart Moving Group licensed and insured?
The industry uses various databases to collect information about moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases are compared alongside company websites, social media pages, and review sites (such as Yelp) to determine the moving business’s credibility and transparency.
|SAFER FMCSA?||Yes (not authorized)|
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes (inactive)|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed but unaccredited|
The services and information stated on Purple Heart Moving Group’s website are partially consistent with the information on these government databases. While only mentioned briefly, the company does state its broker status and doesn’t claim to physically move belongings. They do not mention their inactive broker authorization, however.
To recap, Purple Heart Moving Group isn’t currently authorized to broker moves.
For more information on moving company regulations and why we look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
How are Purple Heart Moving Group’s website and social media presence?
The moving broker’s website is easy to navigate and provides clear links to free estimates, types of services, and other helpful moving information.
Purple Heart Moving Group does not have a social media presence.
Should you consider Purple Heart Moving Group for a move?
Purple Heart Moving Group is a family-owned moving broker located in Southeast Florida.
The company handles local and long-distance moves for residential, commercial, and military customers.
The broker offers free estimates on its website. Customers can contact Purple Heart by phone number, email address, or contact form on the website. They have a strict cancellation policy, so take time to confirm the move that you need.
Purple Heart Moving Group’s customers consistently have issues with damage, late delivery times, and miscommunication. Likewise, some have accused the broker of engaging in deceptive business practices.
Purple Heart Moving Group isn’t currently authorized to broker moves.
Overall, we suggest considering other moving companies due to Purple Heart’s poor service record and inactive broker status.
For more help choosing the right moving company and getting free moving quotes, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!