Royal Hawaiian Movers Review
- Royal Hawaiian Movers is a shipping carrier specializing in moves to and from Hawaii.
- The carrier is family-owned with 40 years of experience in the moving industry.
- The company handles moves to and from the mainland U.S., including military personnel.
- Their customers rate them highly and they maintain an A+ rating on the BBB.
- Best for: Those considering a move to or from Hawaii.
- Not recommended for: Those planning a long distance move and not moving to Hawaii.
- For even more long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies of 2021.
How does Royal Hawaiian compare to other professional movers?
Jump to the Royal Hawaiian review section that you’re looking for:
- About Royal Hawaiian
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider Royal Hawaiian
About Royal Hawaiian
Royal Hawaiian Movers (U.S. DOT#227698) is a Hawaiian shipping carrier located in Honolulu, Hawaii. As a carrier, the company directly moves personal and commercial belongings. Established in 1982, the shipping carrier is one of several companies under the DeWitt family of moving companies.
Royal Hawaiian Movers helps customers ship goods to and from Hawaii. The company has 101 shipping vehicles and recorded 640,000 miles in 2020. The carrier also assists in transporting freight across the ocean to the other Hawaiian islands and the mainland United States.
The company works with large shipping carriers in the country for their moves to and from Hawaii. As one of the largest carriers in the state, Royal Hawaiian Movers regularly works with companies such as Allied, Mayflower, and United. The company is even capable of shipping goods worldwide.
Royal Hawaiian Movers plays a major role in the Hawaiian community. The family-owned business has offices on each of the major islands in the state and uses its large fleet to manage shipping and logistics for charities including:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- Girl Scouts of America
The shipping carrier has 35 years of experience moving in the state of Hawaii and is a reputable business. Royal Hawaiian Movers is a member of the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce, the International Association of Movers, and the American Moving Storage Association, among others. The company also maintains an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau.
- They can ship people to and from Hawaii.
- They have 40 years’ experience in the moving industry.
- They offer a free quote on their website.
- They are highly rated and hold an A+ accreditation BBB.
- They will not ship from mainland to mainland.
- Some customers have issues with damages.
Royal Hawaiian Movers offers a broad range of services
Royal Hawaiian Movers is one of the largest shipping carriers in Hawaii and offers a long list of services ranging from residential belongings to commercial freight.
- Local Moving: The shipping carrier moves residential homes of any size. The company also helps people relocate from island to island.
- Long Distance Moving: Royal Hawaiian Movers can ship customers to and from Hawaii. This includes the mainland United States, Alaska, and anywhere in the world.
- Corporate Relocation: The shipping carrier helps companies relocate to and from the island state. They assist with packing and unpacking of office supplies and materials, local and overseas transportation, and corporate storage. The carrier can also help relocate employees.
- Military Relocation: Royal Hawaiian Movers works with the Department of Defense to relocate military personnel to the state. With dozens of military bases in Hawaii, the company is often used for PCS moves. The shipping carrier also provides military personnel with helpful information for acclimating to the area.
- Packing and Unpacking: The company can pack and unpack personal belongings, including kitchen utensils, wardrobes, and fragile and sentimental items. They can also provide packing materials.
- Vehicle Transport: The shipping carrier helps customers transport their vehicles across the ocean.
Short and Long-term Storage: The company has storage locations on each of the major islands. They can organize short and long-term storage solutions for both residential and commercial moves.
- Moving Logistics: With over 30 years of experience shipping to Hawaii, Royal Hawaiian Movers provides shipping techniques to and from the state. They can help businesses plan, transport, store, and distribute their freight as a veteran consultant. The company can even handle heavy equipment and bulk deliveries.
How much does Royal Hawaiian charge?
Royal Hawaiian Movers does not sugarcoat the cost of moving and living in Hawaii; as much of the state’s resources must be imported, moving to the state can be an expensive option. Still, The shipping carrier only ships with containers across the ocean to help keep the cost affordable for its customers.
The cost of moving is different for each customer, with several variables used to determine the price. Here are a few aspects that can affect the cost of a move:
- Date of the move
- Distance of the move
- Size of the home
- Weight of belongings
- Moving Add-ons
- Packing and/or Storage
- Moving Protections
Due to the variability of each move, customers should reach out to Royal Hawaiian Movers for an estimate. A free quote is provided on the company’s website. Customers requesting a free estimate will provide their pickup and dropoff locations, the type of move, and contact information.
Royal Hawaiian Movers accepts many forms of payment. Customers can pay for their move via cash, traveler’s check, money order or cashier’s check, and major credit cards. Charges are based on origin services, shipping charges, and other additional services provided. Customers pay their total bill on the date of the move.
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
What is Royal Hawaiian Customer Service Like?
Royal Hawaiian Movers coordinates shipments to each of the four major islands in Hawaii. The shipping carrier’s main office is in Oahu and has supporting offices in Hilo, Maui, Kona, and Kauai.
The company is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and is closed on weekends. Customers can book an appointment with their respective office using the phone number or email address listed on the company’s website.
Customers can contact a service representative for any damage claims. The company is liable for damages at a rate of .60 cents per pound for interstate moves, and .30 cents per pound for inter-island moves. The shipping carrier also offers full replacement protection and can be set up in addition to the move when speaking to a representative.
As the company is highly experienced in shipping to and from Hawaii, customers have shared positive reviews. The shipping carrier is consistently praised for its communication and professionalism.
Does Royal Hawaiian Movers have a good online reputation?
Royal Hawaiian Movers’ reputation accurately matches its 39 years of experience. When searched on Google business, the shipping carrier maintains a 4.4 out 5 star rating with over 250 reviews. Customers consistently praise the company’s professionalism, responsiveness, and value. Other customers mention issues with damages, and the company makes a consistent effort to reach out.
Royal Hawaiian Movers is listed with the Better Business Bureau and holds an accreditation. The company has held its listing for 32 years.
The company is accredited with the BBB and maintains an A+ rating. Royal Hawaiian Movers has received 4 customer reviews for an average of 1.25 out of 5 stars, and 3 customer complaints in the last 3 years. Customers have shared issues with damages, and the shipping carrier has responded to remedy the situation.
Similarly, Royal Hawaiian Movers has received 3 complaints through the National Consumer Complaint Database in the last 3 years. Customers note difficulties with shipping documents, delivery, and damages.
The shipping carrier has received positive reviews on other rating websites. Royal Hawaiian Movers maintains a 4 out of 5 star review on Yelp with over 270 reviews. Customers praise the company for its customer service and professionalism. Other customers share difficulties with damages.
How is Royal Hawaiian Movers’ Website and Social Media?
Royal Hawaiian Movers has a clean and easy-to-navigate website. Customers will find an extensive biography on the DeWitt family history in the moving industry on the company’s About Us. They also share details on the company’s establishment and recognition.
On the website, customers can find the company’s extensive list of services, their participation in the Hawaiian community, and contact information. Royal Hawaiian Movers shares a blog and FAQ to provide additional information about moving to Hawaii. Customers can also fill out a form for a free estimate on the company’s home page.
The shipping carrier is active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. On the company’s social media pages, customers can find news, accolades, and further reviews from other people.
Is Royal Hawaiian Movers licensed and insured?
The moving industry uses a compilation of databases to collect information about various moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases are compared alongside company websites, social media pages, and review sites (such as Yelp) to determine the moving business’s credibility and transparency.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed, Accredited|
For more information on how moving company regulations, and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
The services and information stated on Royal Hawaiian Movers’ website are consistent with the information on these government databases. The company accurately states its role as a carrier. The company has over 100 transport vehicles in its fleet and logged 640,000 miles in 2020.
Should You Consider Royal Hawaiian Movers for a Move?
Royal Hawaiian Movers is a moving carrier specializing in transporting residential and commercial goods to and from Hawaii. The company has nearly 40 years of experience and is one of the largest carriers in the state.
The shipping carrier can move people intra-island, to the mainland United States, and internationally. They offer extensive packing, auto transport, storage options, and full value protection packages.
The company’s reputation is well established. Customers consistently praise Royal Hawaiian Movers for its customer service, professionalism, and value. While some customers have issues with damages, the company makes an effort to reach out and fix the issue.
Overall, customers should feel comfortable using Royal Hawaiian Movers for their move to and from Hawaii.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!