United Nation Van Lines Company Review
- The company advertises itself as a leader in both residential and commercial long-distance moving markets.
- They offer full-service moving options that include packing and unpacking that they market mostly to seniors, and they also market cross-country servicing and storage options to relocating military members.
- After researching their presence on the internet, it became apparent that they are using some questionable marketing practices.
- For even more long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies of 2021.
How does United Nation Van Lines compare to other professional movers?
Jump to the United Nation Van Lines review section that you’re looking for:
- About United Nation Van Lines
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider United Nation Van Lines
About United Nation Van Lines
Based in Illinois, the nearly 10-year-old company boasts of having completed more than 12,000 moving projects. The three founders of the company have implemented a highly efficient system for coordinating long-distance moving, demonstrating a decent level of moving experience. The management team outlines its core values, including affordability, reliability, and speed.
With branch offices in Sacramento, California, and now in Westerville, OH, the company offers long-distance moving services throughout the country. Their nationwide service area is likely to appeal to those in the military.
As with any moving company, United Nation Van Lines has its strengths and weaknesses.
At moveBuddha, our goal is to provide you with the most useful information so that you can make the best moving-related decisions. However, from the reviews and research we’ve compiled, we believe it’s important to note that this company should not be among your choices.
- The company strives to maintain affordability compared to other long-distance carriers in the market
- Secured and climate-controlled storage facilities are available for those with short or long-term needs
- Offers “expedited” commercial moving services for a “reasonable surcharge” that is an excellent option for those on a short deadline
- Experienced with office furniture disassembly, packaging, and shipping for commercial customers
- Packing and unpacking services are available regardless of whether other services such as moving or storage are purchased
- The free moving quote (estimate) tool on the website does not automatically provide any pricing, rather a sales representative will call you back
- No local moving services are available at this time, so this wouldn’t work for a first-time, local move
- Minimal customer reviews is a cause for concern for a company that has been in business for nearly 10 years
United Nation Van Lines offers a broad range of services
- Long-Distance Moving: Offers moving services nationwide completed by trained staff and professional customer support. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) summary of the company confirmed that the organization is properly licensed and insured. Further, FMCSA data shows they have not been the subject of any consumer complaints or had any safety violations for at least the last four years.
- Seniors Moving: Older individuals can benefit from the “full-serve” moving options. All belongings are packaged, loaded for transport, unloaded, and unpackaged at the destination. A representative from United Nation Van Lines will contact the retirement community management on behalf of customers to ensure you are compliant with any rules and procedures that must be adhered to regarding moving.
- Military Relocation: United Nation Van Lines complies with military guidelines, standards, and codes that are requested of moving service providers. Their nationwide coverage is available for all domestic moves. Short-term storage needs are common among military personnel who may encounter lapses involving the sale of their existing home, availability of their new home, etc.
- Corporate Relocation: Employs a team of “certified corporate relocation specialists” that are available to create a customized relocation plan for small or large businesses. They have experience in taking inventory, tearing down, packaging, and transporting office furniture. Larger commercial customers may benefit from the vast storage space that is available for securely retaining big inventories of office furniture and equipment.
- Packing Services: Offers complete packing and unpacking services using a customized assortment of packing materials that will prevent any potential damage to fragile belongings. They have experience handling property that is susceptible to damage including glass, home electronic equipment, and very bulky furniture. Currently, they are offering a 50% discount for those who perform the unpacking of their belongings themselves upon reaching the destination.
- Storage Services: The company offers customized storage solutions for small or large quantities of items within a 45,000 square foot storage facility. Security cameras are used for monitoring and climate-controlled storage is available.
How much does United Nation Van Lines charge?
The company claims to often beat the prices of their competitors by 30% or more. This savings is largely the result of operational efficiencies that were originally implemented by the founders of the company. Keep in mind that they do not market their services to those moving locally and may not be as competitively priced in this area of the market.
As part of the management team’s summary of core values, they acknowledged a strong commitment to maintaining affordability and quality. They explained that their goal is not to be viewed exclusively as the “cheapest movers” by sacrificing the training of their staff or the quality of the vehicles and equipment necessary to maintain customer satisfaction.
The company website makes no mention of the availability of property insurance coverage. This is financial protection that is available for a customer if items are damaged during the moving process. Because they are federally licensed as an approved provider of interstate moving services, they are required to offer mandatory minimum coverage levels; however, these requirements are based on the weight of the item damaged rather than the value of the property.
Does United Nation Van Lines have a good online reputation?
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) maintains an A+ rating for the Sacramento, California location; however, they are not listed as being BBB accredited and only have one customer review. This lone rating reported that the company was efficient, professional, and affordable.
They have a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars on Google. Their customers praised the staff for being punctual, professional, and reasonably priced.
They have a listing on Porch with dozens of customer reviews, which were previously all 5-stars. Recently, the company has seen less than 5 stars, but no less than 4. The reviews applauded the work ethic and professionalism of the movers, and the assistance provided by the customer service representatives.
The BBB report for the Westerville, Ohio location indicated that are not BBB accredited and have an undetermined rating based on zero reviews or complaints.
There was no Yelp listing for the company in Sacramento, CA.
There was no Yelp listing for the company in Westerville, OH.
It’s worth noting that their Facebook page was created on February 24, 2020
Is United Nation Van Lines licensed and insured?
Licensing, registration and insurance information goes here
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed (Not Accredited)|
For more information on how moving company regulations, and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
Should You Consider United Nation Van Lines for a Move?
Moving from Florida to Maryland? Then United Nation Van Lines might be right for you. They appear to be a viable option for long-distance moves, whether for a 1-bedroom apartment or a 3-bedroom house. One of the most common types of complaints among moving company customers are those related to billing. All customer feedback from those who used United Nation Van Lines suggested that the quotes provided were accurate and that they did not encounter any add-on fees or unexpected expenses. So we won’t say that they’re the best movers, but they’re not the worst in the moving industry. Overall, there is a reason for some concern based on some of the aforementioned credibility concerns.
You can find out more about them on their website, which provides a phone number and other contact information if you’d like to inquire for yourself.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!