Interstate Moving & Relocation Group Company Review
- Interstate Moving & Relocation Group (IMRG) is a national moving broker located in Boca Raton, Florida
- The broker handles local and long-distance moves and provides a wide range of additional services
- The company has 25 years of experience in the moving industry
- IMRG is unaccredited with the BBB but maintains a B rating
- Best for: Cost-conscious customers moving out of state who are okay with the risks of using a moving broker
- Not Recommended for: Last-minute moves
- To see our recommended long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies
How does Interstate Moving & Relocation Group compare to other professional movers?
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
Jump to the Interstate Moving & Relocation Group review section that you’re looking for:
- About Interstate Moving & Relocation Group
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider Interstate Moving & Relocation Group
About Interstate Moving & Relocation Group
Interstate Moving & Relocation (U.S. DOT# 3034100) is a national moving broker headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. As a broker, the company works with established carriers. Brokers may save customers money by leveraging economies of scale to secure the best prices. However, brokers are intermediaries and do not physically handle or transport household goods.
The moving broker has 25 years of experience working with carriers that handle various move types. IMRG can schedule local moves in Florida and Puerto Rico. In addition, they can transport vehicles and coordinate long-distance moves anywhere in the country.
The company is registered with the Department of Transportation and partners with carriers authorized to work with the military. For those planning a military move, take special note to confirm that your carrier has the proper General Services Administration (GSA) permissions.
- Handle military moves and auto transportation
- Free web quotes
- Maintain a B rating on the BBB
- 25 years of experience in the moving industry
- Do not handle moves to Hawaii or Alaska
- Status as a broker is unclear to some customers
- Unaccredited with the BBB
Interstate Moving & Relocation Group offers a broad range of services
Interstate Moving & Relocation works with various carriers to provide several types of moving services.
- Local moves: Interstate Moving & Relocation works with local carriers in Puerto Rico as well as cities like West Palm Beach, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale in Southeast Florida
- Long-distance moves: The moving broker coordinates cross-country interstate moves, excluding those to Alaska and Hawaii
- Commercial moves: The company has experience relocating businesses and can coordinate packing, loading, and transportation while reducing employee downtime
- Packing and unpacking: The broker offers various packing service options. They can facilitate the packing of kitchen supplies, wardrobes, and unique and antique items
- Military moves: IMRG works with carriers with the proper permissions to work with the military. For those planning a military move, be sure to confirm that your carrier has the proper GSA permissions
- Auto transportation: The company works with specialized car carriers that can transport personal and fleet vehicles. They can deliver your vehicle right to your door in most cases. In cases where door-to-door service isn’t an option, the carrier will coordinate suitable pick-up and drop-off location
How much does Interstate Moving & Relocation Group charge?
Because each move is unique, “ballpark” pricing tends to be inaccurate. Those considering working with IMRG should contact the company for a detailed estimate.
Interstate Moving & Relocation offers free quotes on its website. Customers will fill out a form, providing the company with the pick-up and drop-off locations, move size, and contact information. You can also receive a free estimate using the phone number provided on the company’s website.
IMRG has a specific cancellation policy.
To receive refunds on deposits, customers must give written notice at least 72 hours before the scheduled move date. All cancellations are subject to a 4% cancellation fee. Any moves canceled outside the 72-hour window will only receive credit toward future moves. Cancellations within five business days of move day are non-refundable.
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
How is Interstate Moving & Relocation Group’s customer service?
Interstate Moving & Relocation can prove difficult to reach. The company’s office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. IMRG’s office is closed on weekends.
You can receive a free quote or book an appointment with a customer service representative using the phone number provided on the company’s website. They do not have a listed email address.
The company does an excellent job of mentioning its broker status on its website. They refer to themselves as a brokerage several times on the homepage and provide a disclaimer at the bottom.
As expected, with its 25 years of moving experience, customers appreciate the company’s overall value and the responsiveness of its customer service representatives.
Does Interstate Moving & Relocation Group have a good online reputation?
Interstate Moving and Relocation has a well-earned reputation with its customers. When searched on Google Business, the company maintains a 3.7 out of 5-star rating with over 1,000 reviews.
Most customers are pleased with the broker’s responsiveness and are happy with the value of their service. Some people share frustrations with the company’s professionalism. Interstate Moving and Relocation responds to every review.
The broker continues its good performance on its government database pages. IMRG is unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau and holds a B rating.
The moving broker has a 3.57 out of 5-star rating on the BBB with 115 customer reviews. Customers are impressed across the board, mentioning efficiency, honesty, and reasonable prices. Others have difficulty with miscommunication in regards to the company’s broker status.
Of 143 complaints accumulated in the last three years, 49 were received in the last 12 months. Many customers have frustrations with final charges and customer service.
The following summarizes the categories (nature) of the complaints received.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||17|
|Collections or Billing||25|
|Warranty or Guarantee||0|
|Product or Service Problems||77|
Interstate Moving and Relocation has received 110 official complaints on the National Consumer Complaint Database. The majority of complaints listed on the AI FMCSA government database involve final charges, deceptive business practices, and delivery.
The moving broker also performs well on public review sites. Interstate Moving and Relocation has a 4 out of 5-star rating with over 500 reviews on My Moving Reviews.
Customers praise the broker for its responsiveness and quality. Others have issues understanding the company’s broker status. The company has claimed its page and responds to negative reviews on the site.
Is Interstate Moving & Relocation Group licensed and insured?
The moving industry uses various databases to collect information about moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases are compared alongside company websites, social media pages, and review sites (such as Yelp) to determine the moving business’s credibility and transparency.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed (Not Accredited)|
The services and information stated on Interstate Moving and Relocation’s website are consistent with the information on these government databases. The moving broker has accurately explained its role in the moving process.
For more information on moving company regulations, and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
How are Interstate Moving & Relocation Group’s website and social media presence?
The moving broker has a clean and easy-to-navigate website. They provide a form for their free quote on the homepage and their services, customer reviews, and contact information.
The company has an About Us page, where they share their company mission and values. The broker does not share information about its owner or history.
Interstate Moving & Relocation Group currently does not have social media pages.
Should You Consider Interstate Moving & Relocation Group for a Move?
Interstate Moving & Relocation Group is a national moving broker located in Southeast Florida. They work with shipping carriers to provide local and long-distance moving services. The company can also manage military moves and auto transportation.
For more help choosing the right moving company and getting free moving quotes, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!