Overall Opinion: New Leaf Moving Group is an interstate moving broker based in South Florida. They are a newer company with less of a track record than other more established brands but are making a name for themselves as a certified mover of household goods, offering a wide array of moving services. Due to the lack of operating history, it’s hard to give a definitive review of New Leaf at this time. We’ll come back and update as the company performs more moves compared to other interstate moving companies.
Jump to the New Leaf Moving Group review section that you’re looking for:
- About New Leaf Moving Group
- Pros and Cons
- Services Offered
- Customer Experience
- Licensing and Registrations
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Should You Consider New Leaf Moving Group?
About New Leaf Moving Group
New Leaf Moving Group (U.S. DOT# 3423043) is a national moving broker based in Boynton Beach, Florida. As a broker, they help you book your move with an established moving company in your area. They are a new business, established in 2020. They are legally operating under the Relocation Management Group. However, their company name and branding are under New Leaf Moving Group.
While South Florida is where the company retains its headquarters, they are long-distance movers that specialize in interstate moves.
New Leaf is a family-owned and operated business that prides itself on its providing a stress-free move. They are committed to creating the best moving process.
They have adopted a “green” marketing niche, such as encouraging eco-friendly moving habits such as the recycling of moving supplies and donating items that are rarely used when possible instead of moving them.
New Leaf Moving Group offers full-service local and long-distance moving services to residential and business customers. Other benefits include packing, a variety of short and long-term storage options, and have experience in moving pianos.
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2021
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2021 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
Pros and Cons
New Leaf offers a wide variety of moving services and will pair you with movers who can fulfill your needs. Here’s a rundown of the primary services offered.
- Local Moves: The company promotes itself as working with a dependable and responsible team of moving professionals. Local moving services within South Florida are available for both residential and commercial customers. The local service area includes Palm Beach County, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Highland Beach, Lighthouse Point, and others.
- Long-Distance Moves: Cross-country moving services are available to destinations nationwide using excellent logistical support.
- Cross-Country Movers: In addition to moving within the state, they also offer interstate moves. They have many years of experience transporting to states including New York, New Jersey, California, and Texas.
- Commercial Moving and Business Relocation: Businesses that are moving will receive personalized service for facilitating the project. This involves creating a detailed inventory of all items and placing transported belongings where you want them upon arrival at the destination. The company seeks to minimize downtime for business customers. The staff has experience in transporting IT equipment, cubicles, and other related business machines.
- Packing Services: Professional packing services and labeling of all belongings are available using high-quality materials to prevent damage during loading or transport.
- Storage Services: They offer storage solutions and ensure the storage facilities are safe, clean, secure with 24/7 surveillance, and weather-proof. They also offer climate-controlled storage units that are free of moisture and other causes of mold. Short or long-term storage is available
- Specialty Services: New Leaf Moving now offers piano moving services designed to accommodate their weight and fragility. They also encourage donating unneeded items to Goodwill, local libraries, and other charities.
The company doesn’t market itself as being an economical option. They have described their commercial services as not the “cheapest corporate relocation company” option. However, we believe that quality service doesn’t always come cheap.
Customers can obtain a free moving estimate by completing the website form, and a representative will contact them to provide a detailed estimate and review other details. It doesn’t appear that on-site (in-home or business) moving quotes or estimates are currently available.
When booking your move, you’ll be required to pay a deposit, which you can pay online using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or via electronic check.
They do not specify what percentage of the total customers will pay for deposits. They say that deposits are refundable if a customer cancels their no later than five days before the first available date for pickup.
When the first available date for pickup is within five days of confirming the reservation, the deposit is not refundable. Refunded deposits are subject to a 5% cancellation fee, and for postponements, they will apply the deposit to a future move within the next 12 months.
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
They have customer service and support representatives available seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can also reach out to their team using the contact information on their website which includes a phone number, email address, or by completing a form on their website.
They don’t state whether they offer an on-time delivery guarantee; however, they provide an estimated delivery date based on the distance you are traveling, which you can see on this chart.
Estimate Days in Transit
|0 to 500 miles||1 to 5 business days|
|500 to 1,500 miles||2 to 10 business days|
|1500 to 2,500 miles||4 to 14 business days|
|2,500 +||5 to 24 business days|
They make it very easy for customers to reach them both to obtain a quote and talk to a representative, and based on their online testimonials, customers have a great experience working with their staff.
Licensing and Registrations
The moving industry uses a collection of databases to collect information about the various moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check five databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases help us see how credible the companies are and how the information stated on their website compares to the official databases’ information.
Are they listed?
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|BBB?||Listed but unclaimed|
While they are not BBB certified, they also do not have any complaints with the BBB and one five-star customer review commending them on their customer service and attention to detail.
The services and information stated by New Leaf Moving Group on their website are transparent and consistent with the information listed in their company profiles. They clearly disclose that they are not a motor carrier and do not personally transport their customer’s household goods.
Reputation and Online Presence
When you Google the company, you notice that they have a Google My Business listing with more than 50 reviews with an overall 5-star rating out of 5. The customer satisfaction level was very high, particularly among those who moved to cross-country destinations.
Feedback suggests that the company representatives were very friendly and provided tremendous scheduling flexibility and overall affordability. It doesn’t appear that they currently have a listing on Yelp.
New Leaf Moving Group is not currently accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but maintains an overall good rating of A-.
The BBB has not received any complaints regarding the organization yet. According to their AI FMCSA profile, they have not received any complaints since their inception.
While they don’t have a social media presence that we could find, they do offer helpful blog posts on their website aimed to help their customers have a better moving experience.
They also have a well-designed website that features useful information about the company itself. However, we would like to see more information about the owners and past experience in the moving industry.
New Leaf Moving Group is a new and emerging family-owned and operated broker in the moving industry.
They have received consistently good reviews since the start of the business in mid-2020. They are marketing to companies who are relocating; however, feedback suggests that the vast majority of their work so far has been residential moving projects.
Overall, this company is an excellent choice for people looking for a Florida moving company to help with their cross-country move.
For more help choosing the right moving company and to get a free moving quote, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.