- Safebound Moving and Storage is a national carrier located in Southeast Florida
- The company handles local and long-distance relocations and moves to Hawaii and Alaska
- Customers generally appreciate Safebound’s professionalism and communication
- The company is unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau but maintains a solid B rating
- Best for: customers with fragile items who need quality moving services
- Not recommended for: customers outside Florida
- For even more long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies of 2021
How does Safebound Moving & Storage compare to other professional movers?
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
Jump to the Safebound Moving & Storage review section that you’re looking for:
- About Safebound Moving & Storage
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider Safebound Moving & Storage
About Safebound Moving & Storage
Safebound Moving and Storage (U.S. DOT# 2900155) is a national carrier located in West Palm Beach, Florida. As a shipping carrier, they physically handle and transport your belongings. Founded in 2016, the company has 20 registered fleet vehicles that collectively logged 200,000 miles in 2021.
Safebound provides both local and long-distance services. They can handle residential and commercial moves and claim to be licensed to provide international relocation services as well. The company can even transport personal and fleet vehicles.
The family-owned company makes a strong effort to have an active role in its community. Safebound Moving and Storage works closely with local nonprofits, providing its transportation services to The Cotton Bottom Diaper Bank, the City of West Palm Beach Police Department, and various group homes in the city.
Safebound Moving and Storage is proud of its professional standing. The carrier has ProMover status with the American Moving & Storage Association. They also earned accolades with Home Advisor in 2018.
Pros & Cons
- Local and long-distance moves, including those to Alaska and Hawaii
- Free quotes and discount offers on the website
- Transport personal and fleet vehicles
- A family-owned, community-minded company
- No pricing or on-time delivery guarantees
- Some issues with damages and claims
- Unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau
Safebound Moving & Storage offers a broad range of services
Safebound Moving and Storage works with established shipping carriers alongside its own trucks to offer a variety of moving services.
- Local moves: Safebound Moving and Storage has a solid reputation for moving people in Southeast Florida. Their local service area includes West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Flirt Lauderdale, Miami, and the surrounding region
- Long-distance moves: Safebound works with registered carriers to provide a network of long-distance services. The company can organize moves across the country, including to Alaska and Hawaii
- Corporate relocation: Safebound Moving and Storage can handle commercial moves and knows the intricacies of business logistics. The company works with corporations to move offices and employees, all while keeping disruptions to a minimum
- Packing and unpacking: The carrier offers full-service and customized packing solutions for both residential and commercial moves. They can pack kitchen supplies, wardrobes, and fragile and unique items. The company also has packing supplies for sale
- Short and long-term storage: The company has a variety of storage solutions for any type of move. They can store belongings last-minute in standard or climate-controlled facilities
- Vehicle transportation: Safebound Moving and Storage works with specialized carriers to transport personal and fleet vehicles. These carriers can drop your vehicle off right at your door. When door-to-door service isn’t possible, they’ll coordinate a suitable drop-off location
How much does Safebound Moving & Storage charge?
Because every move is different, “ballpark” pricing isn’t always accurate. For those interested in working with Safebound Moving and Storage, you should inquire about a moving estimate.
Customers can receive a free quote on the company’s website after filling out an online form. Those that use the form can receive a $150 discount on their move. To request a free quote, customers will provide their pick-up and drop-off locations, move type, and contact information.
You can also receive a free estimate using the phone number or email provided on the company’s website.
Safebound’s partner carriers may provide binding or non-binding estimates. Those booking a move with Safebound Moving and Storage should ask about getting a binding estimate. Binding estimates lock in the amount due, as long as move conditions don’t change.
Factors that affect pricing include:
- Date and seasonality
- Size of the home or apartment
- Weight of belongings
- Moving add-ons like custom crating and appliance services
- Packing and unpacking
- Moving valuation
To get a quote on your move and to find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
How is Safebound Moving & Storage’s customer service?
Safebound Moving and Storage has office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The company is closed on Sunday.
Customers can inquire about a free estimate or book an appointment with a customer service representative using the phone number or email listed on the company’s Contact Us page.
Safebound does not offer pricing or on-time delivery guarantees. However, the company does provide a list of trusted moving insurance companies that it partners with.
Safebound Moving and Storage works hard to provide professional services both as a carrier and a broker. In-kind, its customers appreciate the company’s effort. Many people are pleased with Safebound Moving and Storage throughout the entire moving process.
Does Safebound Moving & Storage have a good online reputation?
Safebound Moving and Storage has an impressive reputation with its customers both publicly and on government databases. When searched on Google Business, the shipping carrier maintains a 4.5 out of 5-star rating with over 900 reviews. Customers are unanimously pleased with both the customer service and moving crews.
The carrier does well to manage its official complaints. Safebound Moving and Storage is unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau and has a B rating.
The company has a 2.68 out of 5-star rating on the BBB with 56 reviews. Some customers have complaints regarding damages and claims. Others appreciate the company’s communication and attention to detail.
Safebound Moving and Storage has had 98 complaints in the last 3 years, with 41 received in the last 12 months. More often, customers have issues with the company’s final charges and customer service. The shipping carrier has closed all complaints.
Below is a breakdown of the types of complaints Safebound Moving and Storage has received in the last three years.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||19|
|Collections or Billing||20|
|Warranty or Guarantee||1|
|Product or Service Problems||53|
The company has received 39 official complaints on the National Consumer Complaint Database. According to the AI FMCSA, customers have concerns with final charges, shipping documents, and deceptive business practices.
The company also does well on public review sites. Safebound Moving and Storage maintains a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on My Moving Reviews with 563 reviews. Customers are pleased across the board with the company’s professionalism when handling their belongings. In cases where the company performed poorly, Safebound Moving and Storage reached out to resolve the issue with the customer.
Is Safebound Moving & Storage licensed and insured?
The moving industry uses databases to collect information about moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases are compared alongside company websites, social media pages, and review sites (such as Yelp) to determine the moving business’s credibility and transparency.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed (Not Accredited)|
The services and information stated on Safebound Moving and Storage’s website are consistent with the information on these government databases. The company has accurately stated its role as a carrier, having 20 registered fleet vehicles and logging 200,000 miles in 2021. However, they could do a better job stating their broker status.
For more information on moving company regulations, and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
How are Safebound Moving and Storage’s website and social media presence?
While extremely detailed, the company’s website is difficult to navigate. There are lots of moving parts that make finding information a challenge. Still, they provide in-depth information on their services, frequently asked questions, and contact info.
The shipping carrier has an About Us page where they describe their mission and services. They mention that they are family-owned, but don’t offer any information on the company’s owner or history.
Safebound Moving and Storage has a Facebook page that they regularly manage. Customers can find the company’s latest success stories and further reviews. The page has over 3,000 followers and 400 reviews.
Should you consider Safebound Moving & Storage for a move?
Safebound Moving and Storage is a national carrier and moving broker located in Southeast Florida. They offer residential and commercial services in the Florida area and across the country. They can even transport belongings to Hawaii and Alaska.
The company offers extensive business hours and multiple methods of contact. Customers can book an appointment or receive a free quote using the phone number or email provided on the company’s website.
Many customers are thoroughly pleased with Safebound Moving and Storage. Reviews show a history of professionalism, responsiveness, and attention to detail. When customers have a negative experience, the company makes an effort to resolve each issue.
For those looking for a quality shipping carrier, we would recommend Safebound Moving and Storage. The carrier’s reputation moving locally alongside its long-distance partners suggests this company can handle any move.
For more help choosing the right moving company and getting free moving quotes, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!