Quick answer: The cost to move from Chandler, AZ to California averages from $513 to $5,576 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from California to Chandler, AZ guide.
Moving from Chandler, AZ to California resources
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to California. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Chandler, AZ to California movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Chandler to California.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving cost calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving expenses.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Chandler, AZ to California car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 614 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
The best Chandler to California moving companies
Hiring an interstate moving company from Chandler to California is a big deal.
There are more than 8,000 moving companies in the U.S. But don’t worry, you won’t have to filter through all of them. We’ve done the research for you and narrowed the list based on customer satisfaction, cost, and services. Here are the best long-distance moving companies serving Chandler to California.
- Safeway Moving: Best overall value
- Mayzlin Relocation: Best upfront pricing
- American Van Lines: Best industry reputation
- Air Van northAmerican Van Lines: Best for complex moves
- JK Moving Services: Best for high-end moves
Get A Quote(855) 650-0657
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(980) 217-6841
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(866) 835-2392
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(844) 950-2963
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(703) 972-1772
% of users select this mover
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to move from Chandler, AZ to California?
Here are average prices of hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck when moving from Chandler to California:
|Move size||Moving company||Moving container||Rental truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,191 - $3,585||$723 - $1,746||$475 - $888|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,197 - $5,576||$1,305 - $2,538||$513 - $1,054|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,904 - $8,095||$1,741 - $3,280||$641 - $1,273|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 614 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Chandler, AZ to California will depend on:
- Move size: The amount of items you have — as well as your home size and layout — will impact the total cost of your relocation.
- Time of year: Summer is peak moving season in Chandler, so moving companies will likely charge more.
- DIY vs. professional mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress compared to hiring the pros.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Chandler, AZ to California?
Hiring movers for a studio apartment or one-bedroom home from Chandler to California will cost between $1,191 to $3,585. The cost to move a two- to three-bedroom home from Chandler to CA will range from $2,197 to $5,576, and a large move from Chandler to California will cost from $3,904 to $8,095.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Chandler, AZ to California?
Moving pods from Chandler to California will cost you $723 to $1,746. For a two- to three-bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,305 to $2,538. A four-bedroom move or bigger will cost $1,741 to $3,280. Learn more about PODS cost.
Here are the cheapest moving containers for your move from Chandler to California.
How much is a moving truck from Chandler, AZ to California?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor.
Moving a studio or one-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $475 to $888. A larger move will cost $513 to $1,054, and a four-bedroom or bigger move from Chandler to California costs from $641 to $1,273.
Is moving from Chandler, AZ to California a good idea?
If you’re moving to California from Chandler, AZ, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of living: Chandler, AZ vs California
|Average rent cost||$1,604||$1,503|
|Average home cost||$498,677||$758,360|
|Average income (per capita)||$59,455||$78,672|
|State income tax||4.5%||13.3%|
- Rent is about 10% less expensive in California than in Chandler.
- Home prices are about 63.7% higher in California than in Chandler.
- The average income is about 32.6% higher in California than in Chandler.
- California has a higher unemployment rate than Chandler by about 12.2%.
- Income taxes are 195.56% higher in California than in Chandler.
How is life different in Chandler, AZ from California?
|Political leaning||Democrat 50-48||Democratic 63-34|
- The population of California is approximately 14,117% greater than the population of Chandler.
- In the last presidential election, California voted Democratic and Chandler voted Democrat.
- The average high in the summertime in California is 87ºF and in Chandler, it’s 105ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, California reaches the temperature of 59ºF and Chandler gets down to 39ºF.
- You can expect about 22 inches of annual rainfall in California vs 9 inches of rainfall in Chandler.
- In California, it snows about 7 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Chandler.
- California has a higher crime rate than Chandler with a crime index of 25.7 vs 19.71.
Comparing the pros of Chandler, AZ vs. California:
There are always a lot of reasons to get excited about living somewhere new. These are the best parts of living in Chandler vs California side-by-side.
|Pros of living in Chandler, AZ||Pros of living in California|
|Quality education||Ample economic opportunity|
|Bountiful arts and recreational activities||Abundant recreational options|
|Delicious food||High quality of life|
|Low cost of living||Fresh and healthy foods|
Comparing the cons of living in Chandler, AZ vs. California:
Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, these are the things to be aware of when leaving Chandler for California.
|Cons of living in Chandler, AZ||Cons of living in California|
|Overcrowding||High cost of living|
|Long commutes||Heavy tax burdens|
|Air pollution||Natural disasters|
|Terrible traffic||Terrible traffic|
|Hot summers||Strange laws|
Considerations for moving to California
- Weather: California has a great Mediterranean climate throughout most of the state. In the Southeast, you may experience colder winters and hotter summers. The northern part of California experiences more rain than the rest of the state. Before your move be sure to check for rain or very hot days..
- HOA rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck parking permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State licensing: When contacting a local moving company for an estimate in California, make sure each has a “T Number” issued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAPUC). Moving companies with valid T Numbers have met state requirements for insurance, safety, and financial stability and have passed criminal clearance checks conducted by the California Department of Justice. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State regulator: You can verify a California moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving permits: California does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to California. Get started here.
- Mover's insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Chandler movers?
most popularBellhop Moving
|Get A Quote||
1415 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85007
|Dose Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
2550 E Mohawk Ln Suite 190, Phoenix, AZ, 85050
|Muscular Moving Men & Storage||Get A Quote||
2950 E Mohawk Ln suite 100, Phoenix, AZ, 85050
Visit our best movers in Chandler page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in California?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in California.
Museums in California
- The Getty Center
- USS Midway Museum
- Hess Persson Estates
- California State Railroad Museum
- The Getty Villa
- Griffith Observatory
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
- Norton Simon Museum
- Mission San Luis Rey
- Tallac Historic Site
- Petersen Automotive Museum
- Original McDonald's Site and Museum
- Oakland Museum of California
- March Field Air Museum
- Donner Memorial State Park and Emigrant Trail Museum
Parks in California
- La Jolla Cove
- Heisler Park
- Sonoma Plaza
- Mount Rubidoux Park
- Redwood Regional Park
- MacKerricher State Park
- Tilden Regional Park
- Dinosaur Caves Park
- Greystone Mansion and Park
- Rancho San Antonio County Park
- Serra Cross Park
- Coyote Hills Regional Park
- Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
- Palisades Park
- Irvine Regional Park
Sports Teams in California
- Anaheim Ducks (NHL)
- Los Angeles Kings (NHL)
- San Jose Sharks (NHL)
- Los Angeles Angels (MLB)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB)
- Oakland Athletics (MLB)
- San Diego Padres (MLB)
- San Francisco Giants (MLB)
- Los Angeles Chargers (NFL)
- Los Angeles Rams (NFL)
- San Francisco 49ers (NFL)
- Golden State Warriors (NBA)
- Los Angeles Clippers (NBA)
- Los Angeles Lakers (NBA)
- Sacramento Kings (NBA)
- LA Galaxy (MLS)
- Los Angeles FC (MLS)
- San Jose Earthquakes (MLS)
Universities in California
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Southern California
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine
- California Institute of Technology
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of California, San Francisco
- San Diego State University
- California State University, Northridge
Moving from Chandler to California FAQs
Why are people moving from Chandler to California?
Many people are moving to California because of ample economic opportunity and pleasant weather. On the other hand, people are moving away from Chandler because of overcrowding and long commutes.
Where can I find a list of long-distance moving companies from Chandler?
Here are our top picks for the best long-distance movers in Chandler.