Here’s the bottom line: MovingAPT is a full-service moving broker based in Miami that specializes in cross-country moves. While they offer many options to customize your long-distance move, they do not currently facilitate local moves in all areas.
As a company that acts solely as a moving broker, Moving APT does not provide any direct relocation services. Instead, the company will work to coordinate your move with one of the vetted moving carriers within their nationwide network.
Customers say the Moving APT website is easier to use than other moving company websites. The website features free quotes, as well as a moving cost calculator. Moving APT also has a section of its website that can help you locate a moving company within your city if you are making a local move if MovingAPT doesn’t service local moves in your area.
Like most moving brokers, Moving APT has mixed reviews, but we like that the company will connect you directly to a mover in your area, rather than continuing to act as a middleman throughout the process. Currently, Moving APT has a B rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Are you preparing for a long-distance move and want to find an affordable price? Let’s take a look and see if MovingAPT might be able to help with your move!
Pros & cons of moving with Moving APT
- Large network of moving companies and professional movers to facilitate moves nationwide
- In-depth website with moving company reviews and other free resources
- Offers packing and unpacking services, as well as specialty moving services
- 24/7 customer service
- Offers additional options like auto transport services, packing materials, and storage solutions.
- Moving APT does not facilitate local moves in all areas
- Deposits are non-refundable within seven days of your move
- Because MovingAPT is only classified as a moving broker by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, they are not always directly responsible for damage that may happen to your items in transit.
- Moving APT (USDOT#2247863) acts as a moving broker for long-distance moves and some local moves throughout the U.S. and can help facilitate international moves, as well.
- They offer both packing and unpacking services for household goods, and they can offer additional relocation services, such as auto transport and storage solutions in some locations.
- They provide instant free quotes on their website and have an easy-to-use chat box that can get your moving questions answered quickly and easily.
Looking for other options? Read through our guide to the best long-distance movers to find the best company for your move.Learn More
Jump to the Moving APT info you’re looking for:
- Moving APT pricing: How much it costs to move
- Moving APT offers a wide variety of services
- How Moving APT stacks up against the competition
- How moving with Moving APT works
- Moving APT is perfect for people who…
Moving APT pricing: How much it costs to move
As is the case with most moving companies, Moving APT costs depend on the specifications of your move. Because Moving APT is a moving broker, they can compare several available moving companies and help you find the best deal.
The final price of your move with Moving APT will depend on your move date, how many household goods you are planning to move, the distance of your move, and any additional services you want or need.
When working with a moving broker like Moving APT, it is important to remember that while they will try to give you the best quote possible, you may incur extra charges from the carrier based on different factors regarding your move. Long-distance movers might prefer working with a carrier rather than a broker because more upfront pricing information is available.
Take a look at our moving cost calculator to evaluate quotes from Moving APT alongside other moving companies.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Moving APT offers a wide variety of services
Moving APT offers competitive pricing through its large number of partner trucking companies. Let’s take a look at some of the Moving APT services available:
- Residential local and long-distance moves: They provide moving services for household goods, whether you want a moving team to help you move or prefer a load-it-yourself service like PODS. While MovingAPT is known for its long-distance moves, they do facilitate local moves in some areas.
- International moves: Moving APT can assist customers who are moving abroad. The three leading international carriers they partner with are Allied Van Lines, Pricing Van Lines, and United Van Lines.
- Corporate relocations: Businesses making interstate moves can choose from corporate relocation options like packing and unpacking, trash and junk removal, and custom crating for the safe transport of larger items. Corporate price quotes include Full Value Protection, meaning that they will repair or replace any damaged or lost items or partially reimburse you for them.
- Packing services: Partial or full packing and unpacking services are always available.
- Storage: Moving APT will place your fully loaded moving truck in temporary storage until you arrive at your new home. They can also help you arrange longer-term storage solutions.
- Vehicle transportation: Transportation is available for cars, motorcycles, boats, and RVs via enclosed or open transport. Rates vary based on factors like size, weight, distance, and insurance requirements. The car moving process generally takes at least two business days and up to a week or longer, depending on distance.
How Moving APT stacks up against the competition
When compared to Safeway Moving and JK Moving (two of our best long-distance moving companies), moving with Moving APT might look a little different. Let’s take a closer look at some of the differences between these three companies.
Moving APT vs. Safeway Moving
89% of users select this mover
Both Moving APT and Safeway Moving offer full-service moving options for interstate moves. Additionally, while both offer limited services for local moves, these aren’t available to all customers.
Safeway Moving, however, is licensed and registered as both a carrier and broker, meaning the company can handle some moves directly but may outsource others to partner moving companies, depending on your location.
Moving APT is a broker only, so if you book with them, another company will be carrying your items. Individuals who need a more specific timeframe for moving will likely prefer working with a carrier over a brokerage company.
93% of users select this mover
Safeway is unique in that it will match competitor pricing, and they also offer 30 days of free storage with every move. Moving APT does not offer price-matching, but they do offer storage solutions —at an extra cost.
Moving APT vs. JK Moving
89% of users select this mover
Both Moving APT and JK Moving are full-service moving companies that can help you move long-distance. JK Moving, however, offers more move options for long-distance moves and local moving in some areas. MovingAPT also facilitates local moves in a limited capacity, so those moving locally can take a look at both companies to see if either serves their area.
JK Moving is considered a premium moving company, and while they provide excellent service, it comes at a higher cost. They do carry all your items on their trucks, however, giving customers peace of mind.
93% of users select this mover
- Guaranteed pick up and delivery dates
- Low deposit requirement of $250 for interstate moves
- Easy and fast AI-powered in-home estimate tool
- Over 40k moves in the past 3 years
- Available Financing as low as 0% Interest for low monthly payments
- Extremely responsive customer service
93% of users select this mover
If you are on a tight budget, it’s likely that the cost to use JK Moving will be too steep. Moving APT can help in these cases by providing you with a moving quote from a more affordable company.
|Company||BBB score||State availability||Local moves?||Long-distance moves?||Customer service|
|JK Moving||A+||50||Limited (MD, VA, and Washington, D.C.)||Yes||24/7|
How moving with Moving APT works
Moving APT calls itself one of the best movers in America, helping individuals find the exact low-cost customized move they desire. Let’s look at what moving with Moving APT looks like.
Getting a quote
You can get a free quote for your move quickly and easily on the MovingAPT website. Their website is straightforward and easy to use, something which can’t be said of all moving companies. The Moving APT website also has a live customer service chat, so you can directly ask any questions you may have as you get your quote.
The quote you will receive online is an initial quote only, so to receive a binding quote, you will need to provide your contact information or call the phone number listed on the site.
During this phone call, try to inform Moving APT of all aspects of your move so there won’t be any surprises on moving day.
Once you have a binding quote, you can book your move by placing a deposit with a credit card. The amount of your deposit will depend on your specific moving details and the company with which you have partnered. Keep in mind that after your deposit is placed, you can only get that money refunded if you cancel your move more than a week before your scheduled pickup date.
Booking and moving
Moving APT is a moving broker only, so as your move draws closer, the moving company they have partnered you with will contact you with additional information. During this phone call, they will also confirm your pickup and drop-off times.
On your moving date, a moving company will arrive at your home and, if you choose to book packing services, they will begin to pack your household items. After everything is packed, the boxes will be loaded into the moving truck.
Depending on the moving company assigned to your move, you may be required to pay at this time. If you are not required to pay now, you will pay when your items are dropped off at your new home.
Moving APT doesn’t have a shipment tracking app, but many of the partners booked by Moving APT do. Before the truck driver leaves, ask if there is any way for you to track your shipment while it is in transit.
Once everything is loaded, you will receive a bill of lading and your items will begin their journey to your new home.
While you will be given a delivery window when you book, you won’t know the exact day your items are arriving until two to three days ahead of your delivery date. The company moving your items will call you when the delivery day draws near to let you know what time to expect the driver.
If you have purchased unpacking services, these will commence upon arrival and unloading. After everything is unloaded and unpacked, you will confirm in writing that you have received all your items and pay for the move in full if you haven’t already done so.
Moving APT is perfect for people who don’t want to waste time researching movers
Moving APT is mostly a long-distance moving company, and while they do facilitate some local moves, they are recommended for those making interstate moves. Unlike other moving companies, where you have to do research and choose the best company on your own, Moving APT will look on your behalf and select the best moving company for you based on your move parameters.
Moving APT is perfect for customers who:
- Don’t need an exact pickup or delivery date, as availability windows can vary widely.
- Want a full-service move experience in which all the packing and unpacking will be handled for them.
- Don’t mind that the company they book with will not be the one directly facilitating their move.
- Prefer to save time and want someone else to choose the best mover on their behalf.
- Want to customize their move by including some services but leaving others out.
Overall, working with a moving broker can be different than moving with a carrier, but it does provide movers with a large variety of options for their next move, sometimes at competitive prices.
At moveBuddha, we know moving includes lots of variables, and using a moving broker can increase these variables. If you prefer to lower your stress, you may find it better to work directly with a carrier or a company that operates as both a carrier and a broker.
Check out our best moving companies to get an idea of the right moving company for you as you prepare for your next move,
Is Moving APT legit?
Moving APT is a legitimate company registered with the Department of Transportation (DOT). While they don’t have any trucks of their own, they can help you book a long-distance move with one of their partners.
How do I know if my moving company is insured?
Any moving carrier listed on the FMCSA website is required to carry insurance to be able to market themselves as a legal moving company. If you ever have questions about the insurance of a moving broker it’s important to ask for clarification before booking your move.
Is Moving APT a moving carrier?
Moving APT is a moving broker, meaning they don’t have any moving trucks of their own. Rather, when you book with Moving APT, they will take the parameters of your move and then look for the moving company that will offer you the best deal on your move.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!