Moving from Fresno, CA to Washington: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Fresno, CA to Washington averages from $783 to $6,755 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Washington to Fresno, CA guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Washington. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Fresno, CA to Washington movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Fresno to Washington.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Fresno, CA to Washington car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 930 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Fresno, CA to Washington?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,347 - $5,222||$941 - $2,288||$725 - $1,372|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,788 - $6,755||$1,688 - $3,347||$783 - $1,631|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,632 - $9,016||$2,273 - $4,391||$982 - $1,982|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 930 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Fresno, CA to Washington will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best Fresno to Washington Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Fresno, CA to Washington?
To ship furniture from Fresno to Washington with a mover will cost between $1,347 to $5,222. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from to WA will range from $2,788 to $6,755, and a large move from Fresno to Washington will cost from $4,632 to $9,016.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Fresno, CA to Washington?
Moving pods from Fresno to Washington will cost you $941 to $2,288 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,688 to $3,347. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,273 to $4,391.
How much is a moving truck from Fresno, CA to Washington?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $725 to $1,372. A larger move will cost $783 to $1,631, and a 4+ bedroom move from Fresno to Washington costs from $982 to $1,982.
How to ship a car from Fresno, CA to Washington?
If you're planning a move from Fresno to Washington and need to ship your car, it's important to find a reputable car shipping company. Look for top-rated companies that specialize in Fresno to Washington car shipping and compare quotes and services to find the right option for you.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Fresno, CA to Washington a good idea?
If you’re moving to Washington from Fresno, CA, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Fresno, CA vs Washington
|Average rent cost||$1,440||$1,258|
|Average home cost||$365,650||$582,732|
|Average income (per capita)||$53,161||$73,775|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||0.0%|
Washington sources: World Population Review, US Census Bureau, US BLS, Tax Foundation
- Rent is about 12% less expensive in Washington than in Fresno.
- Home prices are about 28.6% higher in Washington than in Fresno.
- The average income is about 26.2% higher in Washington than in Fresno.
- Washington has a lower unemployment rate than Fresno by about 60.3%.
- Income taxes are 100.00% lower in Washington than in Fresno.
How is life different in Fresno, CA from Washington?
|Political leaning||Democratic 53-45||Democrat 58-39|
Washington sources: US Census Bureau, 270TOWIN, BestPlaces
- The population of Washington is approximately 1,328% greater than the population of Fresno.
- In the last presidential election, Washington voted Democrat and Fresno voted Democratic.
- The average high in the summertime in Washington is 79ºF and in Fresno, it’s 98ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Washington reaches the temperature of 29ºF and Fresno gets down to 38ºF.
- You can expect about 38 inches of annual rainfall in Washington vs 13 inches of rainfall in Fresno.
- In Washington, it snows about 18 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Fresno.
- Washington has a lower crime rate than Fresno with a crime index of 37.69 vs 30.22.
Considerations for moving to Washington
- Weather: Washington state rarely experiences extreme weather to worry about. Your move should be unaffected by the weather conditions. However, it's always a good idea to check the forecast ahead of time and maybe prepare for a little rain!.
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Movers operating within Washington DC city limits are subject to regulation by the Utilities and Transportation Commission, which issues operating permits to household goods moving companies. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Washington moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Washington does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Fresno movers?
|Meathead Movers||Get A Quote||
4744 North El Capitan Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93722
|Courtesy Movers||Get A Quote||
3515 North Sabre Drive, Fresno, CA, 93727
|Well done Moving||Get A Quote||
3561 South Maple Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93725
Visit our Best Movers in Fresno page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Washington?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Washington.
Museums in Washington
- Chihuly Garden and Glass
- The Museum of Flight
- LeMay - America's Car Museum
- Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
- USS Turner Joy Museum Ship
- Museum of Glass
- Hibulb Cultural Center
- Puget Sound Navy Museum
- Pacific Bonsai Museum
- Imagine Children's Museum
Parks in Washington
- Mount Rainier National Park
- Olympic National Park
- North Cascades National Park
- Deception Pass State Park
- Lake Wenatchee State Park
- Palouse Falls State Park
- Lime Kiln Point State Park
- Gingko Petrified Forest State Park
- Cape Disappointment State Park
- Birch Bay State Park
- Manchester State Park
- Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park
Sports Teams in Washington
- OL Reign Soccer (NWSL)
- Seattle Kraken (NHL)
- Seattle Mariners (MLB)
- Seattle Seahawks (NFL)
- Seattle Sounders FC (MLS)
- Seattle Storm (WNBA)
Universities in Washington
- University of Washington
- Washington State University
- Western Washington University
- The Evergreen State College
- Seattle University
- Gonzaga University
- Eastern Washington University
- Central Washington University
- Whitman College
- Seattle Pacific University
- Pacific Lutheran University
- University of Puget Sound
- Bastyr University
- Bellevue College
Where to move in Washington
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The Evergreen State," these are the best cities in Washington to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Washington:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- California to Washington
- Fresno to Seattle
- Fresno to Spokane
- Fresno to Tacoma
- Fresno to Kennewick
- New York City to Washington
- Chicago to Washington
- Houston to Washington
- Phoenix to Washington
- Philadelphia to Washington
- San Antonio to Washington
- Dallas to Washington
- Austin to Washington
- Jacksonville to Washington
- Fort Worth to Washington