Moving from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona averages from $1,286 to $7,115 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Arizona to Jacksonville, FL guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Arizona. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Jacksonville, FL to Arizona movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Jacksonville to Arizona.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Jacksonville, FL to Arizona car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 1,996 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,232 - $4,746||$1,194 - $2,955||$1,188 - $2,292|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,265 - $7,115||$2,127 - $4,373||$1,286 - $2,727|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,103 - $10,585||$2,913 - $5,898||$1,623 - $3,340|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,996 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best Jacksonville to Arizona Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona?
To ship furniture from Jacksonville to Arizona with a mover will cost between $1,232 to $4,746. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Jax to AZ will range from $3,265 to $7,115, and a large move from Jacksonville to Arizona will cost from $6,103 to $10,585.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona?
Moving pods from Jacksonville to Arizona will cost you $1,194 to $2,955 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,127 to $4,373. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,913 to $5,898.
How much is a moving truck from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,188 to $2,292. A larger move will cost $1,286 to $2,727, and a 4+ bedroom move from Jacksonville to Arizona costs from $1,623 to $3,340.
How to ship a car from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona?
If you're planning a move from Jacksonville to Arizona and need to ship your car, it's important to find a reputable car shipping company. Look for top-rated companies that specialize in Jacksonville to Arizona car shipping and compare quotes and services to find the right option for you.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Jacksonville, FL to Arizona a good idea?
If you’re moving to Arizona from Jacksonville, FL, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Jacksonville, FL vs Arizona
|Average rent cost||$1,271||$1,052|
|Average home cost||$279,696||$407,715|
|Average income (per capita)||$56,975||$58,945|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||4.5%|
Arizona sources: World Population Review, US Census Bureau, US BLS, Tax Foundation
- Rent is about 19% less expensive in Arizona than in Jacksonville.
- Home prices are about 35.9% higher in Arizona than in Jacksonville.
- The average income is about 3.4% higher in Arizona than in Jacksonville.
- Arizona has a lower unemployment rate than Jacksonville by about 25.7%.
- Income taxes are 4.50% higher in Arizona than in Jacksonville.
How is life different in Jacksonville, FL from Arizona?
|Political leaning||Democratic 51-47||Democrat 49-49|
Arizona sources: US Census Bureau, 270TOWIN, BestPlaces
- The population of Arizona is approximately 666% greater than the population of Jacksonville.
- In the last presidential election, Arizona voted Democrat and Jacksonville voted Democratic.
- The average high in the summertime in Arizona is 99ºF and in Jacksonville, it’s 91ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Arizona reaches the temperature of 34ºF and Jacksonville gets down to 44ºF.
- You can expect about 12 inches of annual rainfall in Arizona vs 50 inches of rainfall in Jacksonville.
- In Arizona, it snows about 6 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Jacksonville.
- Arizona has a lower crime rate than Jacksonville with a crime index of 34.87 vs 28.15.
Considerations for moving to Arizona
- Weather: Arizona may be on of the top states where your move is least likely to be affected by climate due to the unlikelihood of extremely cold days and natural disasters. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Though Arizona is largely an “unregulated” state, local moving companies are subject to some Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) and Department of Weights and Measures regulations intended to ensure that they operate safely and ethically. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Arizona moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Arizona does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Jacksonville movers?
|Get A Quote||
718 South 2nd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL, 32250
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
9450 Philips Highway, Jacksonville, FL, 32256
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
6805-1 Stuart Ln S, Jacksonville, FL, 32254
Visit our Best Movers in Jacksonville page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Arizona?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Arizona.
Museums in Arizona
- Musical Instrument Museum
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Commemorative Air Force Museum
- Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park
- Jerome State Historic Park
- Arizona Museum of Natural History
- O.K. Corral
- Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery
- Western Spirit: Scottsdale's Museum of the West
- Mesa Arts Center
Parks in Arizona
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument
- Sunset Crater & Wupatki National Monuments
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Walnut Canyon National Monument
- Saguaro National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Dead Horse Ranch
- Slide Rock State Park
- Kartchner Caverns State Park
- Tonto Natural Bridge State Park
- Gilbert Regional Park in Gilbert
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park in Morristown
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale
- Papago Park in Phoenix
- South Mountain Park and Preserve in Phoenix
Sports Teams in Arizona
- Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
- Phoenix Suns Basketball (NBA)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB)
- Arizona Coyotes (NHL)
- Arizona Rattlers (IFL)
- Phoenix Mercury (WNBA)
- Phoenix Rising FC (USL)
- FC Tucson (USL)
- FC Arizona (NPSL)
- Tucson Roadrunners (AHL)
- Tucson Saguaros (Pecos League)
- Arizona Sidewinders (WUL)
Universities in Arizona
- Arizona State Universit
- Northern Arizona University
- University of Arizona
- American Indian College
- Carrington College
- Arizona Christian University
- Art Center College of Design
- Art Institute of Tucson
- Art Institute of Phoenix
- A.T. Still University
- Brookline College
- Brown Mackie College
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Grand Canyon University
- International Baptist College
- Midwestern University
- Northcentral University
- Ottawa University
- Park University
- University of Phoenix
- Penn Foster College
- Prescott College
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- University of Advancing Technology
- Western Governors University
- Western International University
- Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences
Where to move in Arizona
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Grand Canyon State," these are the best cities in Arizona to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Arizona:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Florida to Arizona
- Jacksonville to Phoenix
- Jacksonville to Tucson
- Jacksonville to Mesa
- Jacksonville to Chandler
- Los Angeles to Arizona
- New York City to Arizona
- Chicago to Arizona
- Houston to Arizona
- Philadelphia to Arizona
- San Antonio to Arizona
- San Diego to Arizona
- Dallas to Arizona
- San Jose to Arizona
- Austin to Arizona