Quick Answer: The cost to move from Phoenix, AZ to New Haven, CT averages from $2,041 to $7,643 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to New Haven, CT. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from New Haven to Phoenix guide.
- Best Phoenix to New Haven movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Phoenix to New Haven.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Phoenix to New Haven car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,497 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Phoenix to New Haven?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,301 - $5,262||$1,868 - $3,166||$1,884 - $2,479|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,596 - $7,643||$3,264 - $4,966||$2,041 - $2,952|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,752 - $11,815||$4,513 - $6,392||$2,599 - $3,628|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,497 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Phoenix to New Haven will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Phoenix to New Haven Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Phoenix to New Haven?
To ship furniture from Phoenix to New Haven with a mover will cost between $1,301 to $5,262. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,596 to $7,643, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Phoenix to New Haven will cost from $6,752 to $11,815.
How much are moving container companies from Phoenix to New Haven?
Moving containers from Phoenix to New Haven will cost you $1,868 to $3,166 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $3,264 to $4,966. A larger home will cost $4,513 to $6,392.
How much is a moving truck from Phoenix to New Haven?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,884 to $2,479. A larger move will cost $2,041 to $2,952, and a 4+ bedroom move from Phoenix to New Haven costs from $2,599 to $3,628.
How to ship a car from Phoenix to New Haven
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Phoenix to New Haven car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Phoenix, AZ to New Haven, CT a good idea?
Cost of Living: Phoenix vs New Haven
|Average rent cost||$1,300||$1,795|
|Average home value||$396,063||$269,432|
|Average income (per capita)||$59,455||$68,081|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$928||$1,964|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,262||$4,569|
|State Income Tax||4.5%||6.99%|
- Rent Prices in New Haven, CT are 38% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Home Prices in New Haven, CT are 32.0% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Income in New Haven, CT is 14.5% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a single person in New Haven, CT is 111.6% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a family in New Haven, CT is 40.1% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Unemployment rate in New Haven, CT is 46.97% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Sales Taxes in New Haven, CT are 100.00% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- State Income Taxes in New Haven, CT are 55.33% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $-349.1 in New Haven to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Phoenix.
How is life different in Phoenix, AZ to New Haven, CT?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||7||6|
|Bike friendliness score||66||56|
- New Haven’s population is about 92% less than Phoenix.
- New Haven’s public transportation is not as good as Phoenix with a score of 7 vs 6.
- New Haven is more walkable than Phoenix with a score of 68 vs 41.
- New Haven is more bike-friendly than Phoenix with a score of 66 vs 56.
- New Haven's crime rate is lower than Phoenix with a score of 6.0 compared to 40.25.
- New Haven is considered to be less safe than Phoenix with a score of 46.58 vs 48.11.
- Air Quality in New Haven is Good, and in Phoenix it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to New Haven, CT
- Weather: Best months to move to New Haven are June, September and August as these are the best months with tolerable weather. January and February are the least comfortable months as these are the coldest months..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CDOT) regulates in-state moving companies and taxi, trucking, and bus companies. In addition, customers are also protected from scam movers by regulations set forth by the Connecticut State Department of Consumer Protection. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Connecticut moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Connecticut does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to New Haven. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Phoenix Movers
|Get A Quote||
1415 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85007
|Camelback Moving||Get A Quote||
2330 North 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85009
|Just-In Time Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4627 E Ivy St, Mesa, AZ, 85205
Visit our Best Movers in Phoenix page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in New Haven, CT
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The Elm City", these are the best neighborhoods in New Haven to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Prospect Hill
- East Rock
- Wooster Square/Mill River
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Prospect Hill
- East Rock
- Wooster Square/Mill River
What to do in New Haven
Moving to The “The Elm City”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Connecticut home.
- Yale University
- Yale University Art Gallery
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Yale Center for British Art
- East Rock Park
Get your sports on!New Haven is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Yale Bulldogs (Ivy League)
- Southern Connecticut Owls (NE-10)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to New Haven
- New York City to New Haven
- Chicago to New Haven
- Houston to New Haven
- Phoenix to New Haven
- Philadelphia to New Haven
- San Antonio to New Haven
- San Diego to New Haven
- Dallas to New Haven
- San Jose to New Haven
Learn more about New Haven
- What Is The Cost To Move In New Haven?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Connecticut ?
- Best Moving Companies in New Haven, CT
- Best Moving Companies in Connecticut
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!