Moving from Florida to Newark, NJ: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The average cost to move from Florida to Newark, NJ ranges from $812 to $6,016. Moving costs will vary based on the amount of stuff being moved, the time of year, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself.
Moving out of state can feel overwhelming. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know for your move to Newark, NJ. But just in case you’re short on time, here are a few quick resources to get immediate answers.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Newark, NJ to Florida guide.
- How much will your move cost?: Want to narrow down how much your move will cost? Use our moving cost calculator to get more specific price ranges and recommendations on the best companies to use for your move.
- Best Florida to Newark, NJ movers: If you plan on hiring a moving company be sure to check out our list of the top movers from Florida to Newark, NJ.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Florida to Newark, NJ car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Okay, let’s talk about moving costs.
How much does it cost to move from Florida to Newark, NJ?
The table below lays out average cost ranges for different moving services depending on the size of your home.
|Size of the Move||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,161 - $4,692||$909 - $2,220||$751 - $1,431|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,544 - $6,016||$1,628 - $3,257||$812 - $1,701|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,267 - $8,046||$2,202 - $4,304||$1,020 - $2,071|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,134 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Florida to Newark, NJ will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Florida to Newark, NJ Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Florida to Newark, NJ?
To ship furniture from Florida to Newark with a mover will cost between $1,161 to $4,692. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Newark to NJ will range from $2,544 to $6,016, and a large move from Florida to Newark will cost from $4,267 to $8,046.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Florida to Newark, NJ?
Moving pods from Florida to Newark will cost you $909 to $2,220 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,628 to $3,257. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,202 to $4,304.
How much is a moving truck from Florida to Newark, NJ?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $751 to $1,431. A larger move will cost $812 to $1,701, and a 4+ bedroom move from Florida to Newark costs from $1,020 to $2,071.
How to ship a car from Florida to Newark, NJ?
To ship your car on this route, find a reliable Florida to Newark car shipping company. Compare quotes and services, and prepare your car for shipping by cleaning it and removing personal items. Stay in communication with the car shipping company and inspect your car upon delivery.
Is moving from Florida to Newark, NJ a good idea?
Cost of Living: Florida vs Newark, NJ
|Average rent cost||$1,175||$1,346|
|Average home value||$356,349||$393,961|
|Average income (per capita)||$57,703||$40,235|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||10.75%|
Newark sources: Zumper, Zillow, Numbeo
- Rent is about 15% more expensive in Newark than in Florida.
- Home prices are about 10.6% higher in Newark than in Florida.
- The average income is about 30.3% lower in Newark than in Florida.
- Newark has a higher unemployment rate than Florida by about 271.4%.
- Income taxes are 10.75% higher in Newark than in Florida.
How is life different in Newark from Florida?
|Political leaning||Democratic 77-22||Republican 51-48|
Newark sources: Wikipedia, AllTransit, Walk Score, NeighborhoodScout, AirNow
- The population of Newark is approximately 99% lower than the population of Florida.
- In the last presidential election, Newark voted Democratic and Florida voted Republican.
- The average high in the summertime in Newark is 86ºF and in Florida, it’s 91ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Newark reaches the temperature of 23ºF and Florida gets down to 49ºF.
- You can expect about 48 inches of annual rainfall in Newark vs 55 inches of rainfall in Florida.
- In Newark, it snows about 26 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Florida.
- Newark has a lower crime rate than Florida with a crime index of 21.73 vs 20.25.
Considerations for moving to Newark, NJ
- Weather: Newark has cold winters and hot humid summers..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: One common and important example of something that should be handled ahead of time is reserving the building's elevator and finding out their rules for using the elevator.
- Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles, find out ahead of time with your new local rules.
- State Licensing: In New Jersey, the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs handles the regulation of in-state moving companies. The state’s Division of Consumer Affairs works to ensure that warehousemen (public storage companies) and public movers provide safe, reliable, and ethical services while adhering to all relevant state rules and regulations. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a New Jersey moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: New Jersey does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to New Jersey. Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Florida movers?
|A-1 Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
15070 Corporate Rd N, Jupiter, FL, 33478
|Bekins Moving Solutions||Get A Quote||
5300 Powerline Rd #100, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33309
|2 College Brothers Moving and Storage||Get A Quote||
605 Northwest 53rd Avenue, Gainesville, FL, 32609
Visit our Best Movers in Florida page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Need a local Newark mover?
|Molloy Bros Moving and Storage||Get A Quote||
900 S 2nd St., Harrison, NJ, 07029
|Ample Moving||Get A Quote||
9 Linden Ave, Jersey City, NJ, 07305
|Bluebell Relocation Services, LLC||Get A Quote||
35 Monhegan St Unit 7, Clifton, NJ, 07013
Visit our Best Movers in Newark page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Newark?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Newark.
Museums in Newark
- 1. Newark Museum
- 2. Grammy Museum Experience Prudential Center
- 3. Gateways to Newark: Portraits
- 4. The New Jersey Historical Society
- 5. Museum of the Old First Ward
- 6. The Jewish Museum of New Jersey
Parks in Newark
- Branch Brook Park
- Military Park
- Weequahic Park
Sports Teams in Newark
- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
- Metropolitan Riveters (NWHL)
Universities in Newark
- Essex County College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University–Newark
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Pillar College
- Kean University
Where to move to in Newark, NJ?
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Brick City," these are the best neighborhoods in Newark to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- North Ironbound
- South Ironbound
- Seventh Avenue
- Upper Roseville
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Upper Vailsburg
- Seventh Avenue
- North Ironbound
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Newark
- New York City to Newark
- Chicago to Newark
- Houston to Newark
- Phoenix to Newark
- Philadelphia to Newark
- San Antonio to Newark
- San Diego to Newark
- Dallas to Newark
- San Jose to Newark