Moving from Buffalo, NY to Orlando, FL: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Buffalo, NY to Orlando, FL averages from $840 to $6,401 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Orlando, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Orlando to Buffalo guide.
- Best Buffalo to Orlando movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Buffalo to Orlando.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Buffalo to Orlando car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,179 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Buffalo to Orlando?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,227 - $4,942||$926 - $2,264||$777 - $1,481|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,723 - $6,401||$1,658 - $3,323||$840 - $1,761|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,605 - $8,626||$2,243 - $4,398||$1,056 - $2,146|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,179 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Buffalo to Orlando will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Buffalo to Orlando Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Buffalo to Orlando?
To ship furniture from Buffalo to Orlando with a mover will cost between $1,227 to $4,942. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,723 to $6,401, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Buffalo to Orlando will cost from $4,605 to $8,626.
How much are moving container companies from Buffalo to Orlando?
Moving containers from Buffalo to Orlando will cost you $926 to $2,264 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,658 to $3,323. A larger home will cost $2,243 to $4,398.
How much is a moving truck from Buffalo to Orlando?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $777 to $1,481. A larger move will cost $840 to $1,761, and a 4+ bedroom move from Buffalo to Orlando costs from $1,056 to $2,146.
How to ship a car from Buffalo to Orlando?
If you're moving from Buffalo to Orlando and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated Buffalo to Orlando car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from Buffalo, NY to Orlando, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Buffalo vs Orlando
|Average rent cost||$1,050||$1,681|
|Average home value||$214,262||$354,259|
|Average income (per capita)||$61,042||$58,819|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,022||$952|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,645||$3,355|
|State Income Tax||10.9%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Orlando, FL are 60% higher than in Buffalo, NY.
- Home Prices in Orlando, FL are 65.3% higher than in Buffalo, NY.
- Income in Orlando, FL is 3.6% lower than in Buffalo, NY.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Orlando, FL is 6.8% lower than in Buffalo, NY.
- Cost of Living for a family in Orlando, FL is 8.0% lower than in Buffalo, NY.
- Unemployment rate in Orlando, FL is 36.84% lower than in Buffalo, NY.
- Sales Taxes in Orlando, FL are 25.71% lower than in Buffalo, NY.
- State Income Taxes in Orlando, FL are 100.00% lower than in Buffalo, NY.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,794.5 in Orlando to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Buffalo.
How is life different in Buffalo, NY to Orlando, FL?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||6||7|
|Bike friendliness score||57||63|
- Orlando’s population is about 10% greater than Buffalo.
- Orlando’s public transportation is better than Buffalo with a score of 6 vs 7.
- Orlando is less walkable than Buffalo with a score of 41 vs 67.
- Orlando is less bike-friendly than Buffalo with a score of 57 vs 63.
- Orlando's crime rate is higher than Buffalo with a score of 45.08 compared to 8.0.
- Orlando is considered to be less safe than Buffalo with a score of 48.59 vs 53.55.
- Air Quality in Orlando is Good, and in Buffalo it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Orlando, FL
- Weather: Orlando has two basic seasons, a hot and rainy season, lasting from May until late October, and a warm and dry season from November through April. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Orlando. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Buffalo Movers
|Wayfinder Moving Services||Get A Quote||
75 Comet Avenue, Buffalo, NY, 14216
|Diamond Moving & Storage, Inc.||Get A Quote||
1440 Main Street, Buffalo, NY, 14209
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
364 Nagel Drive, Cheektowaga, NY, 14225
Visit our Best Movers in Buffalo page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Orlando, FL
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The City Beautiful", these are the best neighborhoods in Orlando to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Baldwin Park
- Central Business District
- College Park
- Park Lake-Highland
- South Eola
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Baldwin Park
- College Park
- Winter Garden
What to do in Orlando
Moving to The “The City Beautiful”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- Walt Disney World
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Discovery Cove
- John F. Kennedy Space Center
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Orlando Science Center
- Lake Eola Park
- Legoland Florida
- WonderWorks Orlando
Get your sports on!Orlando is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Orlando City SC (MLS)
- Orlando Magic (NBA)
- Orlando Pride (NWSL)
- Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL)
- Orlando Predators (NAL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Orlando
- Chicago to Orlando
- Houston to Orlando
- Phoenix to Orlando
- Philadelphia to Orlando
- San Antonio to Orlando
- San Diego to Orlando
- Dallas to Orlando
- San Jose to Orlando
- Austin to Orlando