Moving from San Antonio, TX to Florida: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from San Antonio, TX to Florida averages from $854 to $6,435 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Florida to San Antonio, TX guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Florida. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best San Antonio, TX to Florida movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from San Antonio to Florida.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- San Antonio, TX to Florida car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 1,217 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from San Antonio, TX to Florida?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,229 - $4,944||$933 - $2,285||$790 - $1,506|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,746 - $6,435||$1,672 - $3,356||$854 - $1,791|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,662 - $8,704||$2,264 - $4,445||$1,074 - $2,184|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,217 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from San Antonio, TX to Florida will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best San Antonio to Florida Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from San Antonio, TX to Florida?
To ship furniture from San Antonio to Florida with a mover will cost between $1,229 to $4,944. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Alamo City to FL will range from $2,746 to $6,435, and a large move from San Antonio to Florida will cost from $4,662 to $8,704.
How much are moving containers like PODS from San Antonio, TX to Florida?
Moving pods from San Antonio to Florida will cost you $933 to $2,285 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,672 to $3,356. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,264 to $4,445.
How much is a moving truck from San Antonio, TX to Florida?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $790 to $1,506. A larger move will cost $854 to $1,791, and a 4+ bedroom move from San Antonio to Florida costs from $1,074 to $2,184.
How to ship a car from San Antonio, TX to Florida?
If you're planning a move from San Antonio to Florida and need to ship your car, it's important to find a reputable car shipping company. Look for top-rated companies that specialize in San Antonio to Florida car shipping and compare quotes and services to find the right option for you.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from San Antonio, TX to Florida a good idea?
If you’re moving to Florida from San Antonio, TX, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: San Antonio, TX vs Florida
|San Antonio, TX||Florida|
|Average rent cost||$1,083||$1,175|
|Average home cost||$248,346||$356,349|
|Average income (per capita)||$56,076||$57,703|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||0.0%|
Florida sources: World Population Review, US Census Bureau, US BLS, Tax Foundation
- Rent is about 9% more expensive in Florida than in San Antonio.
- Home prices are about 39.1% higher in Florida than in San Antonio.
- The average income is about 2.6% higher in Florida than in San Antonio.
- Florida has a lower unemployment rate than San Antonio by about 4.0%.
- Income taxes are the same in Florida and San Antonio.
How is life different in San Antonio, TX from Florida?
|San Antonio, TX||Florida|
|Political leaning||Democrat 58-40||Republican 51-48|
Florida sources: US Census Bureau, 270TOWIN, BestPlaces
- The population of Florida is approximately 1,418% greater than the population of San Antonio.
- In the last presidential election, Florida voted Republican and San Antonio voted Democrat.
- The average high in the summertime in Florida is 91ºF and in San Antonio, it’s 96ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Florida reaches the temperature of 49ºF and San Antonio gets down to 41ºF.
- You can expect about 55 inches of annual rainfall in Florida vs 33 inches of rainfall in San Antonio.
- In Florida, it snows about 0 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in San Antonio.
- Florida has a lower crime rate than San Antonio with a crime index of 47.99 vs 21.73.
Comparing the pros of San Antonio, TX vs. Florida:
There are always a lot of reasons to get excited about living somewhere new. These are the best parts of living in San Antonio vs Florida side-by-side.
|Pros of living in San Antonio, TX||Pros of living in Florida|
|Sight-seeing||Abundant water recreational activities|
|Friendly people||Ample economic opportunity|
|San Antonio River Walk||Beautiful flora and fauna|
Comparing the cons of living in San Antonio, TX vs. Florida:
Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, these are the things to be aware of when leaving San Antonio for Florida.
|Cons of living in San Antonio, TX||Cons of living in Florida|
|Abundant stray pets||High cost of living|
|Brutal summers||Poor healthcare|
|Terrible traffic||Natural disasters|
|Urban pollution||Heat and humidity|
|High crime rate||High crime rate|
Considerations for moving to Florida
- Weather: Severe weather is a common occurrence in Florida, as Florida is the most hurricane-prone state in the US. June 1st and November 30 is the time when most hurricanes in Florida occur, the most severe dates lie between August - October. Be sure to check your local weather station before your move as Florida is known for its thunderstorms and high levels of precipitation. Perhaps plan for a Winter or Springtime move to ensure the safety of your belongings..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local San Antonio movers?
|Get A Quote||
12634 Carriage Blvd, San Antonio, TX, 78249
|3 Men Movers||Get A Quote||
302 Casa Blanca St, San Antonio, TX, 78215
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
10725 IH 35 North City,, San Antonio, TX, 78233
Visit our Best Movers in San Antonio page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Florida?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Florida.
Museums in Florida
- Wynwood Halls
- The Ringling
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- The Dali Museum
- NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum
- Museum of the Everglades
- Revs Institute
- Navy Seal Museum
Parks in Florida
- Dry Tortugas National Park
- Everglades National Park
- De Soto National Memorial
- Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Ocala National Forest
- Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Homestead Trolley-Everglades National Park
- Maritime Hammock Sanctuary
- Canaveral National Seashore
- Key West Marine Park
Sports Teams in Florida
- Miami Heat (NBA)
- Orlando Magic (NBA)
- Miami Marlins (MLB)
- Tampa Bay Rays (MLB)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
- Miami Dolphins (NFL)
- Tamps Bay Buccaneers (NFL)
- Florida Panthers (NHL)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)
- Inter Miami CF (MLS)
- Orlando City SC (MLS)
Universities in Florida
- University of Florida
- Florida State University
- University of South Florida
- University of Central Florida
- Florida International University
- University of Miami
- Florida Atlantic University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- University of North Florida
- University of Florida
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Valencia College
- Stetson University
- Miami Dade College
- Florida Gulf Coast University
Where to move in Florida
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The Sunshine State," these are the best cities in Florida to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Florida:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Texas to Florida
- San Antonio to Jacksonville
- San Antonio to Pensacola
- San Antonio to Miami
- San Antonio to Tampa
- Los Angeles to Florida
- New York City to Florida
- Chicago to Florida
- Phoenix to Florida
- Philadelphia to Florida
- San Diego to Florida
- San Jose to Florida
- Columbus to Florida
- Indianapolis to Florida
- Charlotte to Florida