Here’s the bottom line: United Routes is an auto transport broker with experience coordinating thousands of vehicle shipments. Its prices are competitive, and its services go further than the more bare-bones car shippers.
Shipping your vehicle to its new home or transporting it cross-country for a can’t-miss event is easier when you choose an all-in-one auto transport company. While United Routes is a broker, its services surpass the typical auto transport company.
Not only does it offer guarded storage options in covered and uncovered lots if you won’t need your vehicle right away, but it will work with tight timelines and even detail and fuel your car upon arrival.
Keep reading to find out if United Routes’ pricing structure, services, and overall experience are the right choice for your car shipping needs.
Pros & cons of shipping your car with United Routes
- Specializes in enclosed auto transport for collectibles, antiques, and electric vehicles
- Nationwide availability, including Alaska and Hawaii
- Drivers are trained and background-checked
- Damage-free and clean car guarantees
- Provides cleaning and detailing services
- Offers priority shipping for tight timelines
- Includes free GPS tracking
- Discounts for active-duty military members
- Offers door-to-door service only
- Website is lacking information
- Doesn’t provide online quotes
- United Routes (USDOT#2242562) offers open and enclosed vehicle transport, plus storage and detailing services at competitive price points in all 50 states and a few countries worldwide.
- The company advertises itself as a luxury auto shipping broker, but it doesn’t offer much information online, so you’ll need to speak to a person directly for more information.
- United Routes’ quote process ends with a binding estimate and no hidden fees, so you can count on the price you’re given from the jump.
Jump to the United Routes info you’re looking for:
- United Routes pricing: How much it costs for car shipping
- United Routes offers a wide variety of services
- How United Routes stacks up against the competition
- How shipping with United Routes works
- United Routes is perfect for people who…
United Routes pricing: How much it costs for car shipping
Interested customers and businesses will need to call the consumer or corporate divisions to request a personalized quote. Quotes are free and no-obligation. Unfortunately, you can’t get an online quote, so this process requires you to be available during business hours.
If you have a complicated schedule, you can request a quote using the online form. From there, a company representative will reach out at their earliest convenience. United Routes calculates costs based on your vehicle’s make and model, shipping distance, and selected services.
Enclosed transport will typically cost more than open transport –– in some cases, twice as much more — so it’s important to budget and consider your needs carefully.
Because United Routes will thoroughly account for your transport needs at the beginning of the quote process, your pricing estimate is binding –– meaning there won’t be any hidden fees when your car is delivered.
United Routes offers a wide variety of services
United Routes offers a complete suite of customizable services at competitive prices. Here’s how United Routes can make your upcoming auto shipment a breeze:
- Door-to-door service: United Routes exclusively offers door-to-door delivery service from work or home to your new location, so you don’t have to worry about coordinating a ride to a nearby terminal. However, this means the option to ship from terminal to terminal (which is typically cheaper) is not available.
- Guaranteed/expedited shipping: The company will broker expedited shipping options on behalf of customers with tight timelines.
- Interstate moves: United Routes has relationships with partner carriers in all 50 states, so it can ship between all of them with ease.
- International moves: United Routes can ship vehicles internationally to a select few countries, but they’re not listed anywhere on the site, so you’ll need to ask a customer service representative for more information.
- Military moves: United Routes will take $50 off your total price if you provide proof of active duty military service. They don’t advertise other car shipping discounts, but don’t hesitate to ask.
- Specialty vehicle and boat transport: The company doesn’t stop at trucks and cars. Its carriers are equipped to handle recreational vehicles, boats, and other outdoor equipment.
- Open transport: Open transport allows carriers to ship multiple cars efficiently. It’s typically cheaper than enclosed transport due to its reduced fuel demands.
- Enclosed transport: United Routes specializes in deluxe enclosed transport for the vehicles you treasure most. With this service option, you don’t have to worry about weather, road debris, or other forms of damage in transit.
- General freight: The company provides customized shipping solutions for marketing, aerospace, marine, and automotive industries using its fleet of freight trucks.
- Onsite support: United Routes will help customers prep for vehicle transport with EV charging and mobile fuel sites.
- Detail services: United Routes will take extra care to return your vehicle in pristine condition if you add detailing services to your reservation. Its employees can do anything from a gentle wipedown to eliminate dust to a more thorough full-service cleaning.
- Secure storage: The company offers covered and uncovered storage solutions. These storage locations are guarded and gated, with 24/7 surveillance for additional peace of mind.
How United Routes stacks up against the competition
You’ll always make the most informed purchasing decisions when you take the time to compare quotes and offered services. We’ve made that part of the research process by putting United Routes up against two of the best car shipping companies with similar services.
United Routes vs. Montway Auto Transport
Montway Auto Transport is among the best enclosed car shipping companies in the business. We like that it has a robust range of car shipping services at affordable prices, and it provides instant online quotes. Unfortunately, these quotes aren’t binding, so you may want to go with United Routes if you have a tight budget.
89% of users select this mover
Like United Routes, Montway can accommodate expedited shipping needs for an additional fee. Generally, we’d recommend all customers interested in United Routes also request a quote from Montway, but you may want to exercise caution if you’re booking in advance because Montway’s quotes expire after one week.
Both companies have overwhelmingly positive customer reviews, which speaks to their commitment to high-quality auto transport, but Montway’s international service radius may be more expansive than United Routes.
United Routes vs. Sherpa Auto Transport
Sherpa Auto Transport is worth considering if you need to move a vehicle within the contiguous United States. Sherpa provides enclosed and open transport solutions for various vehicles, including SUVs, sedans, and trucks.
89% of users select this mover
Like United Routes, Sherpa provides binding estimates through its Price-Lock Promise, so you won’t be on the hook for extra charges down the line. Sherpa also provides similar guarantees to United, such as reimbursement for a free car wash and commitment to damage-protection measures.
One of Sherpa’s only downsides is that it requires customers to submit final payments to its carriers in cash or by certified check only.
|Company||BBB score||State availability||Binding estimate?|
|Montway Auto Transport||A+||50||No|
|Sherpa Auto Transport||A+||48 (not in AK or HI)||Yes|
How shipping with United Routes works
After requesting a quote and confirming your booking, you’ll be handed off to your assigned carrier for the rest of the process. United Routes is a broker, which means all the services they offer are provided by contractors and partner businesses.
According to customer reviews, United Routes makes every effort to maintain solid communication leading up to and throughout the car shipping process. You’ll be given contact information for a customer service representative and driver assigned to your booking so you can ask questions and receive updates, as needed.
After your car is picked up at your selected location, you can track the shipment and anticipate its delivery time. United Routes doesn’t provide much information online about its payment processing and deposit requirements, so it’s important to ask for clarification to avoid surprises. Because United Routes is a broker, not a carrier, payment expectations may vary between subcontractors.
When your shipment is complete, your vehicle will be delivered to your new home –– or stored until you’re ready for it –– and you can enjoy it without worrying about any additional wear or tear from the transport process.
United Routes is perfect for people who want a white-glove car shipping experience without an intimidating price tag
United Routes offers a deluxe car shipping experience without forcing its customers to sell their firstborn to afford it. If you just want the basic open transport experience with door-to-door delivery, United Routes is likely going to be competitive with any other quote you receive, but they’ll also go further if you need them to.
If you’re shipping an antique or collectible vehicle to a new location for marketing or auto show purposes, United Routes can be part of your team to get it photo and road-ready thanks to its onsite support services and enclosed transport options.
If you’re taking your car with you as part of a more permanent move to a new location, consult our best moving companies round-up to find full-service professional movers with car shipping options.
How far in advance should I book auto transport?
You should book auto transport services at least six to eight weeks in advance of your desired shipment dates. Car shipping carriers often provide a broad delivery window, and it can be difficult to get your scheduled date at a competitive price if you book at the last minute.
What should I do to prepare for car shipping?
You should prepare your car for shipping by doing the following:
- Get a car wash
- Document your vehicle’s condition with photos and videos
- Remove anything that’s not hardwired or factory-installed
- Gather your personal belongings, including EZPass and other toll tags
- Note your vehicle’s current mileage
- Drain your fuel tank
- Turn off your car alarm
- Make a file for all your documents, including proof of insurance and title
Does United Routes offer insurance coverage?
United Routes offers basic carrier insurance coverage, but it doesn’t offer additional coverage options for purchase. You may be able to purchase additional insurance coverage through a third party or your car insurance agent.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!