Here’s the bottom line: SGT Auto Transport is a national car shipping company that offers a variety of transport services for vehicles of every shape and size. They have mostly rave reviews from customers and even offer a price-matching guarantee.
89% of users select this mover
SGT Auto Transport is one of the highest-rated car transport brokers available on the market. They work with more than 25,000 carriers to get your vehicle from one state to another or coast to coast as quickly as possible.
Unlike other car transport companies, SGT Auto offers exact pickup dates for those with a tight schedule. While they can’t offer exact drop-off dates on cross-country moves, customer reviews report excellent experiences when working with the company.
At moveBuddha, we know that everyone has unique needs when it comes to using an auto transport company to move a vehicle. With SGT Auto Transport, you can ship your auto using open or enclosed trailers, as well as add customized services for motorcycles and other vehicles.
SGT Auto isn’t the cheapest auto transport company, but they do offer competitive pricing and will match pricing from highly rated competitors. Their A rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website and 5-star rating in customer satisfaction surveys show that they make it a priority to ensure their customers are happy.
Think SGT Auto Transport might be the best choice for shipping your auto? Let’s take a look and make sure!
Pros & cons of moving with SGT Auto Transport
- Offers long-distance auto shipping options to 49 U.S. states, including Hawaii
- Free quotes online in minutes
- Services are door-to-door (except in Hawaii), meaning your car will be dropped off and picked up at your home
- Straightforward, competitive pricing with no hidden fees
- Open or enclosed vehicle transport options
- Fully insured
- Book an exact pickup date for your vehicle
- Doesn’t accept credit cards
- Limited international shipping options
- Not available in Alaska
- Does not ship RVs or heavy farming equipment
- No digital shipment tracking options
- SGT Auto Transport (USDOT#2521690) provides long-distance car shipping services in 49 states and some limited international shipping options.
- Offers both open and enclosed auto transport options for most vehicles and motorcycles, with all-inclusive pricing and no hidden fees.
- Provides door-to-door vehicle shipping with exact pickup dates.
- SGT Auto Transport has one of the highest overall ratings for auto transport services and very few negative reviews.
Jump to the SGT Auto Transport info you’re looking for:
- SGT Auto Transport pricing: How much it costs to ship
- SGT Auto Transport offers a wide variety of services
- How SGT Auto Transport stacks up against the competition
- How shipping with SGT AUTO transport works
- SGT Auto Transport is perfect for people who…
SGT Auto Transport pricing: How much it costs to ship
SGT Auto Transport is known for its all-inclusive and transparent pricing. This means when you receive a binding quote, it truly is binding and you won’t have to pay anything extra. SGT Auto’s pricing estimates include every aspect of transporting your car, including insurance coverage.
SGT Auto has an online tool for instant quotes. It is important to note, however, that you must speak to a customer service representative to receive a unique and binding quote.
SGT Auto Transport is a car shipping broker, so after you receive your initial instant quote, the company must find a third-party provider to carry your vehicle. A broker works with vetted local partners throughout the country and internationally to provide services where needed. Once someone has accepted the job, a customer service agent will contact you with a binding quote.
The cost of shipping your vehicle with SGT Auto depends on a variety of factors, such as the time of year you are shipping your vehicle and whether you would prefer enclosed or open transport. If you need an exact pickup date rather than a window of two to three business days, you might incur an additional charge. Express shipments also cost extra.
Additionally, car shipments vary widely in price depending on the pickup and drop-off zip codes. Shipping a car from New York to California will cost substantially more than shipping a car from South Carolina to Florida.
SGT Auto Transport does not offer a lot of discounts, except if you decide to pay cash for your order. They do offer a price-matching guarantee on quotes from other auto shippers, as long as the service provider has an A+ rating on the BBB website.
Wondering how much it will cost to ship your vehicle with SGT Auto Transport? Take a look at our moving cost calculator to get ideas of the cost of your auto transport when you use different companies.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
SGT Auto Transport offers a wide variety of services
Based in Greenville, South Carolina, SGT Auto Transport is one of the top car shipping companies and is listed in the uShip database. They can assist with shipping cars for a variety of reasons, whether you are making a military move or need to have a vehicle delivered from a car dealership.
Here are some of SGT Auto Transport’s services:
- Cross-country vehicle moving: SGT Auto Transport is compliant with all federal regulations for auto shipping in the United States. They can ship cars, including SUVs, and can also ship smaller vehicles like motorcycles. They service all U.S. states except Alaska.
- Dealership vehicle delivery: SGT Auto can deliver a vehicle from a car dealership in another city directly to your front door.
- Door-to-Door Shipping: SGT Auto will arrange for a carrier to pick up your car at your home. If your home is not large-vehicle accessible, you can make arrangements to meet the driver in a nearby parking lot.
- International vehicle transport: While SGT Auto specializes in national vehicle transport, they do offer some limited international shipping options. All international car shipments must be arranged through a customer service representative.
- Custom vehicle shipping options: SGT Auto wants to help you ship your car your way. Choose from a variety of customizable shipping options like open or enclosed transport and an exact time frame for vehicle pick up.
Looking for the best companies to take care of your car during a big move? Check out our guide to the best car shipping companiesLearn More
How SGT Auto Transport stacks up against the competition
There are many reasons customers choose SGT Auto Transport when compared to other companies like Sherpa Auto Transport or Easy Auto Ship, two of our best car shipping companies. At the top of the list, they love SGT Auto’s customer service and upfront pricing.
On Google reviews, Stacy reported that she was glad she chose SGT Auto because their communication was stellar from start to finish. She shipped her car from Philadelphia to St. Louis and felt she made a great choice.
Cristine on Trustpilot loved the customer service of SGT Auto through the entire process of shipping her car. She said the company was with her every step of the way, and she loved how transparent they were with her about the pricing.
Both Stacy and Christine said they would use SGT Auto Transport again.
Like most auto shipping companies, SGT Auto has the occasional negative review. However, the good reviews far outweigh the bad, and disgruntled customers reported that any issues they had during their shipment were quickly solved by SGT Auto’s 24/7 customer service.
89% of users select this mover
How shipping with SGT Auto Transport works
SGT Auto Transport is an auto shipping broker, and they will not directly handle your move. They will, however, set you up with one of their trusted partners who can complete your move. Here is what shipping with SGT Auto Transport looks like.
Getting a quote
SGT Auto has an easy online quote system that can be used to generate a basic estimate. All you have to do is put in the zip codes of your car shipment, as well as the make and model of your vehicle.
For a binding quote, you will need to call the phone number on their site and speak with a customer service representative. Once you receive a binding quote, all you have to do is agree to it. No deposit is required. The binding quote includes every aspect of shipping your vehicle, including insurance coverage. There are no additional fees or hidden costs to worry about it.
Booking and moving
When you agree to the quote you are given, you will be provided with either an exact pickup date or a window of one to three business days. A few days before your window, the carrier will contact you to schedule a pickup time.
Most pickups happen at your home, but if your house is not suited for a large vehicle, you can arrange to meet the transportation company in a parking lot nearby.
When the truck arrives, you will sign for the vehicle pickup and receive an approximate delivery date. No payment is required at this time. Your vehicle will begin its journey, and you can check in on its progress by calling the customer service phone number any time, day or night.
A few days before your delivery, the driver will call you with a time window for delivery. If, for some reason, you cannot receive the car on the day specified, storage options can be discussed for an extra fee.
When the vehicle is delivered, someone will need to sign for it and pay the driver. Payments for services can only be made in cash, cashier’s check, or money order.
SGT Auto Transport is known for its timeliness, and it is rare that they deliver a vehicle late, but it does happen occasionally. Customers report that they are fairly compensated for late delivery, but the reviews do not specify how they were compensated.
Moving more than just your car? Our guide to the best interstate movers will help you find companies to move all your belongings.Learn More
SGT Auto Transport is perfect for cross-country moves
SGT Auto Transport is best for those making a cross-country move who don’t want to drive their vehicle to their new location.
SGT Auto Transport is perfect for customers who:
- Are making a long-distance move and don’t want to drive
- Are flexible in their car delivery date
- Don’t mind paying cash, as credit cards are not accepted
- Want upfront pricing because, while SGT Auto Transport isn’t the cheapest, you will never be surprised by late or hidden fees when shipping your car
SGT Auto Transport is known for its customer service, and while they do offer exact car pickup dates, they cannot guarantee delivery dates. Customers who need an exact delivery date should take a look at our best car shipping companies to find one that better suits your needs.
What is the most reliable car transport company?
SGT Auto Transport is one of the most reliable auto transport companies. They are almost always on time and are known for their ability to address and resolve customer complaints when they arise.
What kinds of cars does SGT Auto Transport ship?
SGT Auto Transport can ship a variety of auto types, from classic to specialty cars, as well as SUVs and trucks. The company does not offer services for RV or farm equipment transport.
How soon can SGT Auto Transport pick up your vehicle?
SGT Auto Transport can sometimes accommodate last-minute moves. However, the availability varies depending on the time of year and distance of the move. Customers report they have been able to book pickup dates within a few days of requesting a quote.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!