Moving from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey averages from $687 to $5,705 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from New Jersey to Jacksonville, FL guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to New Jersey. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Jacksonville to New Jersey.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 900 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,144 - $4,358||$833 - $2,026||$636 - $1,202|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,347 - $5,705||$1,496 - $2,962||$687 - $1,429|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,917 - $7,661||$2,013 - $3,882||$861 - $1,736|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 900 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best Jacksonville to New Jersey Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey?
To ship furniture from Jacksonville to New Jersey with a mover will cost between $1,144 to $4,358. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Jax to NJ will range from $2,347 to $5,705, and a large move from Jacksonville to New Jersey will cost from $3,917 to $7,661.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey?
Moving pods from Jacksonville to New Jersey will cost you $833 to $2,026 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,496 to $2,962. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,013 to $3,882.
How much is a moving truck from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $636 to $1,202. A larger move will cost $687 to $1,429, and a 4+ bedroom move from Jacksonville to New Jersey costs from $861 to $1,736.
How to ship a car from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey?
If you're planning a move from Jacksonville to New Jersey and need to ship your car, it's important to find a reputable car shipping company. Look for top-rated companies that specialize in Jacksonville to New Jersey car shipping and compare quotes and services to find the right option for you.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Jacksonville, FL to New Jersey a good idea?
If you’re moving to New Jersey from Jacksonville, FL, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Jacksonville, FL vs New Jersey
|Jacksonville, FL||New Jersey|
|Average rent cost||$1,271||$1,334|
|Average home cost||$279,696||$440,081|
|Average income (per capita)||$56,975||$85,245|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||10.75%|
New Jersey sources: World Population Review, US Census Bureau, US BLS, Tax Foundation
- Rent is about 5% more expensive in New Jersey than in Jacksonville.
- Home prices are about 45.0% higher in New Jersey than in Jacksonville.
- The average income is about 49.0% higher in New Jersey than in Jacksonville.
- New Jersey has a higher unemployment rate than Jacksonville by about 5.7%.
- Income taxes are 10.75% higher in New Jersey than in Jacksonville.
How is life different in Jacksonville, FL from New Jersey?
|Jacksonville, FL||New Jersey|
|Political leaning||Democratic 51-47||Democratic 57-41|
New Jersey sources: US Census Bureau, 270TOWIN, BestPlaces
- The population of New Jersey is approximately 876% greater than the population of Jacksonville.
- In the last presidential election, New Jersey voted Democratic and Jacksonville voted Democratic.
- The average high in the summertime in New Jersey is 85ºF and in Jacksonville, it’s 91ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, New Jersey reaches the temperature of 22ºF and Jacksonville gets down to 44ºF.
- You can expect about 48 inches of annual rainfall in New Jersey vs 50 inches of rainfall in Jacksonville.
- In New Jersey, it snows about 23 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Jacksonville.
- New Jersey has a lower crime rate than Jacksonville with a crime index of 34.87 vs 12.94.
Considerations for moving to New Jersey
- Weather: New Jersey summers are typically hot and humid and winters are usually cold. During winter and early spring, New Jersey can experience "nor'easters", which are capable of causing blizzards or flooding throughout the northeastern United States..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In New Jersey, the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs handles the regulation of in-state moving companies. The state’s Division of Consumer Affairs works to ensure that warehousemen (public storage companies) and public movers provide safe, reliable, and ethical services while adhering to all relevant state rules and regulations. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a New Jersey moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: New Jersey does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Jacksonville movers?
|Get A Quote||
718 South 2nd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL, 32250
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
9450 Philips Highway, Jacksonville, FL, 32256
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
6805-1 Stuart Ln S, Jacksonville, FL, 32254
Visit our Best Movers in Jacksonville page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in New Jersey?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in New Jersey.
Museums in New Jersey
- Cape May Lighthouse
- Silverball Retro Arcade Asbury Park
- Battleship New Jersey
- Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum
- Newark Museum
- Princeton University Art Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not!
- Old Barracks Museum
- Emlen Physick Estate
- Historic Cold Spring Village
- Museum of NJ Maritime History
- Liberty Science Center
- Baps Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
- Montclair Art Museum
- World War II Lookout Tower
Parks in New Jersey
- Branch Brook Park
- Laurel Acres Park
- The Frelinghuysen Arboretum
- Roosevelt Park
- Bergen County Zoological Park
- Hamilton Park
- Grounds For Sculpture
- Warinanco Park
- Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park
- Turkey Swamp Park
- Pier A Park
- Holmdel Park
- New Jersey Pinelands National Reserve
- Duke Island Park
Sports Teams in New Jersey
- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
- New York Giants (NFL)
- New York Jets (NFL)
- New York Red Bulls (MLS)
Universities in New Jersey
- Princeton University
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Seton Hall University
- Montclair State University
- Monmouth University
- Rowan University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Drew University
- Rider University
- The College of New Jersey
- Stockton University
- Kean University
- William Paterson University
Where to move in New Jersey
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Garden State," these are the best cities in New Jersey to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in New Jersey:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Florida to New Jersey
- Jacksonville to Trenton
- Jacksonville to Newark
- Jacksonville to Jersey City
- Jacksonville to Atlantic City
- Los Angeles to New Jersey
- New York City to New Jersey
- Chicago to New Jersey
- Houston to New Jersey
- Phoenix to New Jersey
- Philadelphia to New Jersey
- San Antonio to New Jersey
- San Diego to New Jersey
- Dallas to New Jersey
- San Jose to New Jersey