Moving from Philadelphia, PA to Gilbert, AZ: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Philadelphia, PA to Gilbert, AZ averages from $1,482 to $7,694 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Gilbert, AZ. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Gilbert to Philadelphia guide.
- Best Philadelphia to Gilbert movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Philadelphia to Gilbert.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Philadelphia to Gilbert car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,331 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Philadelphia to Gilbert?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,306 - $5,315||$1,312 - $3,258||$1,369 - $2,646|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,652 - $7,694||$2,332 - $4,833||$1,482 - $3,149|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,861 - $11,898||$3,205 - $6,554||$1,871 - $3,862|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,331 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Philadelphia to Gilbert will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Philadelphia to Gilbert Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Philadelphia to Gilbert?
To ship furniture from Philadelphia to Gilbert with a mover will cost between $1,306 to $5,315. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,652 to $7,694, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Philadelphia to Gilbert will cost from $6,861 to $11,898.
How much are moving container companies from Philadelphia to Gilbert?
Moving containers from Philadelphia to Gilbert will cost you $1,312 to $3,258 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,332 to $4,833. A larger home will cost $3,205 to $6,554.
How much is a moving truck from Philadelphia to Gilbert?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,369 to $2,646. A larger move will cost $1,482 to $3,149, and a 4+ bedroom move from Philadelphia to Gilbert costs from $1,871 to $3,862.
How to ship a car from Philadelphia to Gilbert?
If you're moving from Philadelphia to Gilbert and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated Philadelphia to Gilbert car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from Philadelphia, PA to Gilbert, AZ a good idea?
Cost of Living: Philadelphia vs Gilbert
|Average rent cost||$1,400||$1,539|
|Average home value||$227,569||$547,777|
|Average income (per capita)||$65,077||$59,455|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,068||$869|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,813||$3,079|
|State Income Tax||3.07%||4.5%|
- Rent Prices in Gilbert, AZ are 10% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Home Prices in Gilbert, AZ are 140.7% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Income in Gilbert, AZ is 8.6% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Gilbert, AZ is 18.6% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Gilbert, AZ is 19.2% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Unemployment rate in Gilbert, AZ is 59.09% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Sales Taxes in Gilbert, AZ are 2.50% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- State Income Taxes in Gilbert, AZ are 46.58% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,441.0 in Gilbert to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Philadelphia.
How is life different in Philadelphia, PA to Gilbert, AZ?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||2||9|
|Bike friendliness score||53||67|
- Gilbert’s population is about 83% less than Philadelphia.
- Gilbert’s public transportation is better than Philadelphia with a score of 2 vs 9.
- Gilbert is less walkable than Philadelphia with a score of 29 vs 75.
- Gilbert is less bike-friendly than Philadelphia with a score of 53 vs 67.
- Gilbert's crime rate is lower than Philadelphia with a score of 11.5 compared to 39.3.
- Gilbert is considered to be safer than Philadelphia with a safety index of 88.24 vs 37.1.
- Air Quality in Gilbert is Good, and in Philadelphia it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Gilbert, AZ
- Weather: Extreme heat may cause discomfort if you choose to move in the summer. Pay close attention to heat sensitive household items such as instruments, antique furniture, and electronics. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Though Arizona is largely an “unregulated” state, local moving companies are subject to some Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) and Department of Weights and Measures regulations intended to ensure that they operate safely and ethically. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Arizona moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Arizona does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Gilbert. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Philadelphia Movers
|Get A Quote||
230 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA, 19102
|Gentle Giant Moving Company||Get A Quote||
1450 S Warfield Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19146
|EverSafe Moving Co.||Get A Quote||
8701 Torresdale Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19136
Visit our Best Movers in Philadelphia page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Gilbert
Moving to The “Kindness USA”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Arizona home.
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
- Hale Centre Theatre
- Gilbert Temple, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints
- Gilbert Farmers Market
- Gilbert Historical Museum
- BARNONE at Agriptopia
- Freestone District Park
- Discovery Park
- St. Anne's Roman Catholic Church
- Gilbert Rotary Centennial Observatory
- Southeast Regional Library
- 12 West Brewing Company
Get your sports on!Gilbert is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Gilbert
- New York City to Gilbert
- Chicago to Gilbert
- Houston to Gilbert
- San Antonio to Gilbert
- San Diego to Gilbert
- Dallas to Gilbert
- San Jose to Gilbert
- Austin to Gilbert
- Jacksonville to Gilbert