Moving from Fresno, CA to Florida: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Fresno, CA to Florida averages from $1,691 to $7,948 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Florida to Fresno, CA guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Florida. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Fresno, CA to Florida movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Fresno to Florida.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Fresno, CA to Florida car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 2,703 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Fresno, CA to Florida?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,329 - $5,581||$1,438 - $3,583||$1,561 - $3,025|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,937 - $7,948||$2,553 - $5,326||$1,691 - $3,602|
|4+ bedrooms||$7,407 - $12,312||$3,520 - $7,257||$2,137 - $4,421|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,703 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Fresno, CA to Florida will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best Fresno to Florida Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Fresno, CA to Florida?
To ship furniture from Fresno to Florida with a mover will cost between $1,329 to $5,581. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from to FL will range from $3,937 to $7,948, and a large move from Fresno to Florida will cost from $7,407 to $12,312.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Fresno, CA to Florida?
Moving pods from Fresno to Florida will cost you $1,438 to $3,583 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,553 to $5,326. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $3,520 to $7,257.
How much is a moving truck from Fresno, CA to Florida?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,561 to $3,025. A larger move will cost $1,691 to $3,602, and a 4+ bedroom move from Fresno to Florida costs from $2,137 to $4,421.
How to ship a car from Fresno, CA to Florida
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Fresno to Florida car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Fresno, CA to Florida a good idea?
If you’re moving to Florida from Fresno, CA, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Fresno, CA vs Florida
|Average rent cost||$1,440||$1,175|
|Average home cost||$365,650||$356,349|
|Average income (per capita)||$53,161||$57,703|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||0.0%|
Florida sources: World Population Review, US Census Bureau, US BLS, Tax Foundation
- Rent is about 18% less expensive in Florida than in Fresno.
- Home prices are about 1.2% lower in Florida than in Fresno.
- The average income is about 5.8% higher in Florida than in Fresno.
- Florida has a lower unemployment rate than Fresno by about 77.6%.
- Income taxes are 100.00% lower in Florida than in Fresno.
How is life different in Fresno, CA from Florida?
|Political leaning||Democratic 53-45||Republican 51-48|
Florida sources: US Census Bureau, 270TOWIN, BestPlaces
- The population of Florida is approximately 3,918% greater than the population of Fresno.
- In the last presidential election, Florida voted Republican and Fresno voted Democratic.
- The average high in the summertime in Florida is 91ºF and in Fresno, it’s 98ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Florida reaches the temperature of 49ºF and Fresno gets down to 38ºF.
- You can expect about 55 inches of annual rainfall in Florida vs 13 inches of rainfall in Fresno.
- In Florida, it snows about 0 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Fresno.
- Florida has a lower crime rate than Fresno with a crime index of 37.69 vs 21.73.
Considerations for moving to Florida
- Weather: Severe weather is a common occurrence in Florida, as Florida is the most hurricane-prone state in the US. June 1st and November 30 is the time when most hurricanes in Florida occur, the most severe dates lie between August - October. Be sure to check your local weather station before your move as Florida is known for its thunderstorms and high levels of precipitation. Perhaps plan for a Winter or Springtime move to ensure the safety of your belongings..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Fresno movers?
|Meathead Movers||Get A Quote||
4744 North El Capitan Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93722
|Courtesy Movers||Get A Quote||
3515 North Sabre Drive, Fresno, CA, 93727
|Well done Moving||Get A Quote||
3561 South Maple Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93725
Visit our Best Movers in Fresno page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Florida?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Florida.
Museums in Florida
- Wynwood Halls
- The Ringling
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- The Dali Museum
- NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum
- Museum of the Everglades
- Revs Institute
- Navy Seal Museum
Parks in Florida
- Dry Tortugas National Park
- Everglades National Park
- De Soto National Memorial
- Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Ocala National Forest
- Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Homestead Trolley-Everglades National Park
- Maritime Hammock Sanctuary
- Canaveral National Seashore
- Key West Marine Park
Sports Teams in Florida
- Miami Heat (NBA)
- Orlando Magic (NBA)
- Miami Marlins (MLB)
- Tampa Bay Rays (MLB)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
- Miami Dolphins (NFL)
- Tamps Bay Buccaneers (NFL)
- Florida Panthers (NHL)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)
- Inter Miami CF (MLS)
- Orlando City SC (MLS)
Universities in Florida
- University of Florida
- Florida State University
- University of South Florida
- University of Central Florida
- Florida International University
- University of Miami
- Florida Atlantic University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- University of North Florida
- University of Florida
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Valencia College
- Stetson University
- Miami Dade College
- Florida Gulf Coast University
Where to move in Florida
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The Sunshine State," these are the best cities in Florida to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Florida:
- Cape Coral
- Panama City
- Panama City Beach
- Port Charlotte
- Port St. Lucie
- Spring Hill
- St. Petersburg
- The Villages
- Vero Beach
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- California to Florida
- Fresno to Jacksonville
- Fresno to Pensacola
- Fresno to Miami
- Fresno to Tampa
- New York City to Florida
- Chicago to Florida
- Houston to Florida
- Phoenix to Florida
- Philadelphia to Florida
- San Antonio to Florida
- Dallas to Florida
- Austin to Florida
- Fort Worth to Florida
- Columbus to Florida
Learn more about Florida
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!