Moving from San Jose, CA to Port St. Lucie, FL: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from San Jose, CA to Port St. Lucie, FL averages from $1,788 to $8,381 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Port St. Lucie, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Port St. Lucie to San Jose guide.
- Best San Jose to Port St. Lucie movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from San Jose to Port St. Lucie.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- San Jose to Port St. Lucie car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,891 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from San Jose to Port St. Lucie?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,399 - $5,898||$1,498 - $3,734||$1,651 - $3,203|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$4,174 - $8,381||$2,655 - $5,556||$1,788 - $3,813|
|4+ bedrooms||$7,854 - $12,986||$3,666 - $7,585||$2,261 - $4,682|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,891 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from San Jose to Port St. Lucie will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best San Jose to Port St. Lucie Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from San Jose to Port St. Lucie?
To ship furniture from San Jose to Port St. Lucie with a mover will cost between $1,399 to $5,898. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $4,174 to $8,381, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from San Jose to Port St. Lucie will cost from $7,854 to $12,986.
How much are moving container companies from San Jose to Port St. Lucie?
Moving containers from San Jose to Port St. Lucie will cost you $1,498 to $3,734 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,655 to $5,556. A larger home will cost $3,666 to $7,585.
How much is a moving truck from San Jose to Port St. Lucie?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,651 to $3,203. A larger move will cost $1,788 to $3,813, and a 4+ bedroom move from San Jose to Port St. Lucie costs from $2,261 to $4,682.
How to ship a car from San Jose to Port St. Lucie?
If you're moving from San Jose to Port St. Lucie and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated San Jose to Port St. Lucie car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from San Jose, CA to Port St. Lucie, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: San Jose vs Port St. Lucie
|San Jose||Port St. Lucie|
|Average rent cost||$2,500||$1,850|
|Average home value||$1,444,420||$366,005|
|Average income (per capita)||$75,709||$60,587|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,033||$1,754|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,704||$3,973|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Port St. Lucie, FL are 26% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Home Prices in Port St. Lucie, FL are 74.7% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Income in Port St. Lucie, FL is 20.0% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Port St. Lucie, FL is 69.8% higher than in San Jose, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Port St. Lucie, FL is 7.3% higher than in San Jose, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Port St. Lucie, FL is 28.57% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Port St. Lucie, FL are 25.37% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Port St. Lucie, FL are 100.00% lower than in San Jose, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $906.1 in Port St. Lucie to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in San Jose.
How is life different in San Jose, CA to Port St. Lucie, FL?
|Port St. Lucie||San Jose|
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||1||7|
|Bike friendliness score||36||62|
- Port St. Lucie’s population is about 80% less than San Jose.
- Port St. Lucie’s public transportation is better than San Jose with a score of 1 vs 7.
- Port St. Lucie is less walkable than San Jose with a score of 13 vs 51.
- Port St. Lucie is less bike-friendly than San Jose with a score of 36 vs 62.
- Port St. Lucie's crime rate is lower than San Jose with a score of 9.42 compared to 28.18.
- Port St. Lucie is considered to be safer than San Jose with a safety index of 61.54 vs 53.91.
- Air Quality in Port St. Lucie is Good, and in San Jose it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Port St. Lucie, FL
- Weather: Port St. Lucie summers are usually hot, with high temperatures averaging in the low 90s. Winters are usually mild to warm, with average high temperatures in the 70s. Port St. Lucie is also vulnerable to hurricanes..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Port St. Lucie. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local San Jose Movers
|Silicon Valley Moving and Storage||Get A Quote||
186 Barnard Ave, San Jose, CA, 95125
|All Reasons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
600 E Trimble Rd, San Jose, CA, 95131
|Lunardi Moving||Get A Quote||
1856 Almaden Road Unit 3, San Jose, CA, 95125
Visit our Best Movers in San Jose page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Port St. Lucie
Moving to The “PSL”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- First Data Field
- Savannas Preserve State Park
- Veterans Park at Rivergate
- Port St Lucie Botanical Gardens
- Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club
- Oak Hammock Park
- Hop Life Brewing
- Paleo Hammock Preserve
- River Park Marina
- City of Port St. Lucie Civic Center
Get your sports on!Port St. Lucie is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- St. Lucie Mets (Low-A)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- New York City to Port St. Lucie
- Chicago to Port St. Lucie
- Houston to Port St. Lucie
- Phoenix to Port St. Lucie
- Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie
- San Antonio to Port St. Lucie
- Dallas to Port St. Lucie
- Austin to Port St. Lucie
- Fort Worth to Port St. Lucie
- Columbus to Port St. Lucie