$1,343 Movers Cost from San Francisco, CA to Spokane, WA
Quick Answer: The cost to move from San Francisco, CA to Spokane, WA averages from $751 to $6,667 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Spokane, WA. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Spokane to San Francisco guide.
- Best San Francisco to Spokane movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from San Francisco to Spokane.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- San Francisco to Spokane car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 875 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from San Francisco to Spokane?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,343 - $5,030||$922 - $2,240||$696 - $1,316|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,734 - $6,667||$1,656 - $3,274||$751 - $1,563|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,586 - $9,010||$2,227 - $4,286||$942 - $1,899|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 875 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from San Francisco to Spokane will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best San Francisco to Spokane Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from San Francisco to Spokane?
To ship furniture from San Francisco to Spokane with a mover will cost between $1,343 to $5,030. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,734 to $6,667, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from San Francisco to Spokane will cost from $4,586 to $9,010.
How much are moving container companies from San Francisco to Spokane?
Moving containers from San Francisco to Spokane will cost you $922 to $2,240 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,656 to $3,274. A larger home will cost $2,227 to $4,286.
How much is a moving truck from San Francisco to Spokane?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $696 to $1,316. A larger move will cost $751 to $1,563, and a 4+ bedroom move from San Francisco to Spokane costs from $942 to $1,899.
How to ship a car from San Francisco to Spokane?
If you're moving from San Francisco to Spokane and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated San Francisco to Spokane car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from San Francisco, CA to Spokane, WA a good idea?
Cost of Living: San Francisco vs Spokane
|Average rent cost||$2,900||$1,095|
|Average home value||$1,579,001||$428,920|
|Average income (per capita)||$123,859||$60,801|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,270||$992|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$4,576||$3,545|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Spokane, WA are 62% lower than in San Francisco, CA.
- Home Prices in Spokane, WA are 72.8% lower than in San Francisco, CA.
- Income in Spokane, WA is 50.9% lower than in San Francisco, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Spokane, WA is 21.9% lower than in San Francisco, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Spokane, WA is 22.5% lower than in San Francisco, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Spokane, WA is 32.00% higher than in San Francisco, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Spokane, WA are 4.29% higher than in San Francisco, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Spokane, WA are 100.00% lower than in San Francisco, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,343.3 in Spokane to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in San Francisco.
How is life different in San Francisco, CA to Spokane, WA?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||6||10|
|Bike friendliness score||52||99|
- Spokane’s population is about 32% less than San Francisco.
- Spokane’s public transportation is better than San Francisco with a score of 6 vs 10.
- Spokane is less walkable than San Francisco with a score of 49 vs 99.
- Spokane is less bike-friendly than San Francisco with a score of 52 vs 99.
- Spokane's crime rate is lower than San Francisco with a score of 3.0 compared to 50.72.
- Spokane is considered to be safer than San Francisco with a safety index of 44.94 vs 40.45.
- Air Quality in Spokane is Good, and in San Francisco it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Spokane, WA
- Weather: it is advisable to plan your trips to Spokane, WA between the months of August, July and September as these months have more favorable weather..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Movers operating within Washington DC city limits are subject to regulation by the Utilities and Transportation Commission, which issues operating permits to household goods moving companies. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Washington moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Washington does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Spokane. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local San Francisco Movers
|Get A Quote||
149 New Montgomery St., San Francisco, CA, 94105
|Gentle Giant Moving Company||Get A Quote||
361 Swift Ave, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
|Good Green Moving||Get A Quote||
1355 Market Street Suite 488, San Francisco, CA, 94103
Visit our Best Movers in San Francisco page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Spokane, WA
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Hooptown USA", these are the best neighborhoods in Spokane to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Coeur d'Alene
- Spokane Valley
- Airway Heights
- Liberty Lake
- Medical Lake
- Country Homes
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Liberty Lake
- Country Homes
- Town and Country
- Medical Lake
- Spokane Valley
What to do in Spokane
Moving to The “Hooptown USA”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Washington home.
- Riverfront Park
- Manito Park
- Spokane Falls
- Riverside State Park
- Centennial Trail
- Mount Spokane State Park
- Rocks of Sharon, Dishman Hills Conservation Area
- Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture
- John A. Finch Arboretum
- Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox
- Historic Davenport Hotel
- Mount Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park
- Gonzaga University Campus
- St. John's Cathedral
Get your sports on!Spokane is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Spokane Chiefs (Ice hockey)
- Spokane Indians (Baseball)
- USL1 Spokane (Soccer) USL League One (men) USL W League (women)
- Spokane Shadow (Soccer)
- Spokane SC Shadow (Soccer)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- New York City to Spokane
- Chicago to Spokane
- Houston to Spokane
- Phoenix to Spokane
- Philadelphia to Spokane
- San Antonio to Spokane
- Dallas to Spokane
- Austin to Spokane
- Jacksonville to Spokane
- Fort Worth to Spokane