- International Van Lines is a national households goods carrier located in Florida
- The company has 12 years of experience in the moving and storage industry
- They have received accolades from major companies such as Newsweek and Forbes
- The company is unaccredited with the BBB and maintains a B rating
- Best for: those considering making a local or interstate move
- Not recommended for: those looking for the most affordable carrier
- For even more long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies of 2021
How does International Van Lines compare to other professional movers?
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
Jump to the International Van Lines review section that you’re looking for:
- About International Van Lines
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Licensing and Registrations
- Should You Consider International Van Lines
About International Van Lines
International Van Lines (U.S. DOT# 2293832) is based in Coral Springs, Florida. As a mover and carrier, the company directly handles customers’ belongings. With 12 years of experience in the moving industry, International Van Lines operates a fleet of 20 commercial vehicles that collectively logged about 700,000 miles in 2020.
The company has extensive local, long-distance and international moving experience, including moves to Alaska and Hawaii. The carrier also manages office relocation and vehicle transportation and is approved to work with the military.
International Van Lines is family and minority-owned. A portion of the company’s earnings goes back into the community, supporting struggling families, addicts, and single mothers.
The company is licensed by the Department of Transportation and holds certifications from the International Moving and Storage Association and Federal Maritime Commission.
International Van Lines has recently received praise from many reputable businesses. Newsweek rated the company as number 1 in customer service last year. Other companies offering similar reviews include U.S. News, Business Insider, Forbes, and Better Homes and Gardens.
Pros & Cons
- Offer local, intrastate, interstate, and international relocation services
- Free web quotes
- 12 years of experience in the moving industry
- Listed on every government database
- Customers mention issues with damages
- Unaccredited with the BBB
International Van Lines offers a broad range of services
Initially operating as an international shipping company licensed with the Federal Maritime Commission, International Van Lines has vast experience and provides a long list of services.
- Local moves: With locations across the country, International Van Lines offers local moving services anywhere in the United States. This includes packing, loading and unloading, disassembly, and storage
- Long-distance moves: The shipping carrier was rated as the best customer service-based mover in 2020 for long-distance moves. The company is capable of shipping customers anywhere in the country, including Hawaii and Alaska
- International moves: Originally operating as an international mover, the carrier brings its many years of experience to customers looking to move out of the country. The company ships both ocean and air freight and can even deliver vehicles
- Office relocation: International Van Lines has experience working with businesses and employees. They create personalized plans and work with business owners to formulate the logistics required for each specific company
- Packing and unpacking: The carrier provides full and partial packing services for residential and corporate moves and sells packing material for do-it-yourselfers
- Short and long-term storage: International Van Lines has access to storage facilities across the country. Customers moving locally and long distances have a variety of short or long-term storage options
- Vehicle transportation: The company can ship vehicles with residential or business moves. They can also ship vehicles internationally
- Government and military moves: International Van Lines is authorized to work with the U.S. government. The company can handle temporary or PCS military moves. Military personnel considering a move should confirm with their carrier of choice the status of their GSA approval
How much does International Van Lines charge?
International Van Lines works hard to provide its customers with adequate pricing and payment information. While every move is different, the company offers plenty of resources to understand how much each move will cost.
The company offers free quotes on its website after prospective customers fill out a short form. To get started, customers must provide their pickup and drop-off locations, move type, and contact information.
International Van Lines also gives its customers access to the virtual in-home estimating app on its website. Customers can share the belongings that will be included in their shipment directly with representatives without a physical visitation.
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2022
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2022 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
The carrier breaks down what customers can expect to see on their estimates. Services provided in an estimate include:
- Disassembly and reassembly of basic furniture
- Loading and unloading
- Protective equipment (pads, straps, etc.)
- One flight of stairs
- Tolls, mileage, and fuel
- Basic liability coverage
Most long-distance moving customers receive binding estimates. Binding estimates lock in the amount due as long as the scope of the move hasn’t changed. This differs for customers moving locally. The shipping carrier charges an hourly rate for those moving within 50 miles of their pickup location. International Van Lines provides a breakdown of what customers can expect to pay hourly for their residential move.
The shipping carrier also offers a refund on deposits in the event of a cancellation. Customers interested in receiving a refund on their deposit must provide the company a statement in writing of their decision to cancel at least 48 hours before the move.
To get a quote on your move and find out about the best movers in your area, check out our moving cost calculator.
How is International Van Lines’ customer service?
International Van Lines strives to provide customers with quality customer service. The shipping carrier has several methods of communication through its website, offers a wide array of industry knowledge, and diligently works with customers throughout the entire moving process.
Customers can book an appointment using the phone number or email listed on its website. The company also provides a live chat feature for customers interested in receiving a free quote. Representatives are available from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. The company is closed on Sunday.
Those interested in working with International Van Lines have access to the company’s virtual in-home estimate. Using the app on its website, customers can share special items and unique moving conditions directly with a customer service representative.
International Van Lines’ reputation backs up its customer service. The company has earned accolades from prominent business leaders.
A list of its achievements includes:
- Best Moving Companies of 2021 from Forbes Home
- Best Customer Service of 2021 from Newsweek
- Best Moving Companies from U.S. News
- America’s Fastest-Growing Companies from INC 500
- Top 4 Moving Companies from Yahoo News
Does International Van Lines have a good online reputation?
Customers respect the quality of service that International Van Lines provides. When searched on Google, the shipping carrier maintains a 4.1 out of 5-star rating with over 900 reviews. Customers praise the company for its professionalism and responsiveness. Others particularly enjoy the value and money saved when using International Van Lines’ services.
International Van Lines works to keep positive standings on government databases. The shipping carrier is unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau and holds an overall rating of B.
International Van Lines holds a 3.29 out of 5-star rating on the BBB with 126 reviews. While some customers share issues regarding damages and shipping delays, others are pleased with the company’s attention to detail and timeliness.
International Van Lines received 167 complaints in the last three years. The shipping carrier is diligent in responding to and closing complaints, most of which result from damage claims.
Here is a breakdown of the categories of complaints the company has received:
The following is a summary of the types (nature) of the complaints received:
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||23|
|Collections or Billing||31|
|Warranty or Guarantee||0|
|Product or Service Problems||99|
The company’s profile on the AI FMCSA government database shows similar figures. The shipping carrier received 86 complaints filed on the National Consumer Complaint Database in the last three years. International Van Lines is working to improve its performance regarding final charges and damages.
The company maintains a 2 out of 5-star rating on Yelp with 373 reviews. Customers struggle with damages and charging issues while appreciating the carrier for its customer service and professionalism.
Is International Van Lines licensed and insured?
The moving industry uses databases to collect information about various moving companies. When assessing a moving business, we check four databases to see what information is registered and whether the company has claimed its profile.
These databases are compared alongside company websites, social media pages, and review sites (such as Yelp) to determine the moving business’s credibility and transparency.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Listed (Not Accredited)|
The services and information stated on International Van Lines’ website are consistent with the information on these government databases. The shipping carrier has accurately explained its role in the moving process. The company maintains a fleet of 20 vehicles and logged 700,000 miles in 2020.
For more information on moving company regulations and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
How are International Van Lines’ website and social media?
International Van Lines has an easy-to-navigate website that introduces owner Joshua Moralez and provides a brief company history on the About Us page. The company is family-owned and works to give back to its community in Coral Springs, Florida.
Browsing the website, customers can discover services offered, customer reviews, and helpful moving advice. The company provides a variety of methods for customers to receive a free quote and provides information to help understand the costs of moving. Customers can find contact information on the company’s Contact Us Page.
International Van Lines provides a unique live-chat option, simplifying communication for potential customers. Additionally, the company offers a virtual in-home estimate through its app, allowing customers to share their valuable items directly with a customer service representative.
Those interested in working with International Van Lines can learn more through the company’s social media pages. The company shares customer reviews and answers industry questions on Facebook and Instagram.
Should You Consider International Van Lines for a Move?
International Van Lines is a national shipping carrier located in Florida. They started business shipping freight internationally and have branched out to become one of the leading long-distance moving companies in the country.
The shipping carrier prides itself on its quality customer service. The company has received praise from major business leaders, including U.S News, Newsweek, and Forbes. Customers back up these reports, enjoying the company’s professionalism, timeliness, communication, and value.
Overall, those planning a local or long-distance move might consider working with International Van Lines. With over a decade of experience in the moving industry and rapidly growing, customers can trust this shipping carrier to provide quality work throughout the move process.
For more help choosing the right moving company and getting free moving quotes, check our picks of the top-rated interstate moving companies.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!