How Much do Reno Movers Cost?
On average, the cost to hire a mover in Reno will range from $572 to $4,084. If you're moving from a small apartment, your costs will likely be closer to the lower end of the range. On the other hand, if you're moving from a large home, you can expect to pay more due to the additional labor and time required.
If you're on a tight budget, our guide covers the cheapest ways to move.
More: The best Reno moving companies
The average cost to hire a moving company in Reno
Hiring a full-service Reno mover is the most convenient option, but convenience always comes at a cost.
Here's how much movers cost in Reno
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$572||$168||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$740||$168||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,109||$235||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,378||$329||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,707||$329||4 movers||9 hours|
- Studio: The average cost to hire movers in Reno to move a studio apartment is $572. You'll need two movers for three hours at $168 per hour.
- 1 Bedroom: If you have a 1 bedroom, expect to pay around $740 for local Reno movers. You'll need two movers for four hours at $168 per hour.
- 2 Bedroom: The average cost to hire Reno movers to move a 2 bedroom is $1,109. You'll need three movers for five hours at $235 per hour.
- 3 Bedroom: For a 3 bedroom, expect to pay $2,378 for local Reno movers. A 3 bedroom tpyically requires four movers for eight hours at $329 per hour.
- 4 Bedroom: Moving a 4 bedroom house in Reno will cost on average $2,707. The cost to move a larger home can vary, but typically requires four movers for nine hours at $329 per hour.
- 5+ Bedroom: The cost of hiring Reno movers for a home with 5 or more bedrooms is $4,084. You'll need five movers for ten hours at $460 per hour.
It's worth noting the cost per hour for Reno movers remains the same for all home sizes, ranging from $168 per hour for two movers to $460 per hour for movers. As the size of your home increases, the number of movers and hours required for the move also increases, resulting in a higher overall cost.
Hiring local Reno movers is a convenient and stress-free way to move within the city. By knowing the approximate cost for your home size, you can budget accordingly and make informed decisions for your upcoming move.
Best Moving Companies in Reno, NV
Our team of analysts has spent thousands of hours cross-referencing license data, insurance data, online reviews, and hundreds of other data points to find you the best local moving companies in Reno.
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
5440 Louie Ln, Reno, NV, 89511
|Move 4 Less, LLC||Get A Quote||
4600 Kietzke Ln ste I-207, Reno, NV, 89502
|Carneys Full Service Movers||Get A Quote||
1933 Frazer Ave., Reno, NV, 89431
Visit our Best Movers in Reno page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Ask your mover
- Places like high-rises and managed apartments will often require a copy of your mover's insurance and elevator reservation on moving day.
- Check ahead with any neighborhood, community, or HOA rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Movers that provide relocation services within the Silver State are subject to rules and regulations set forth by the Nevada Transportation Authority (NTA). The NTA’s aims include fostering economic growth and promoting efficient, safe, and reliable moving services around the state.
- Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
Work with your movers to ensure all these items are taken care of before moving day.
Average cost to rent a moving truck in Reno
You'll definitely have to break a sweat, but moving truck rentals in Reno will absolutely be easier on your wallet.
Here's how the costs break down:
- Base Cost: $19 - $39 per day
- Mileage Fee: $0.79 - $1.29 per mile
- Fuel Cost: Dependent on driving distance.
- Truck Coverage: $20 - $55 based on coverage level
- Parking Permit (if necessary):
- Equipment Costs (optional): Dolly, straps, blankets
The total cost to rent a truck will depend on how far a distance you drive the truck, how many days you have the truck rented and a number of additional costs like insurance, parking, moving equipment rentals and more.
Average cost to rent a moving container in Reno
The containers are delivered, you load everything into them, the company picks it up, and it gets put in storage until you're ready for everything to be delivered to your new place.
Naturally, the advantage here is storage. These things will buy you time if you end up with a weird gap between leases.
Here's roughly what it's going to cost:
- Storage Fee: $109.95 per 30 days
- Initial Delivery: $72.0
- Final Delivery Fee: $89.0
- Damage Coverage: $10 - $350 based on coverage level
- Parking Permit (if necessary):
- Door Lock (if necessary): $10 - $15
- Equipment Costs (if necessary): Dolly, straps, blankets (optional)
Storing everything in a one-bedroom will end up costing somewhere around $281 - $661 door to door. Still, you might want to factor in a little extra in case you end up paying for labor.
Each large container holds about 3 rooms until it's completely full. You might end up needing more containers, but keep in mind that your cost will essentially double with each container you add.
Where to rent a moving container in Reno, NV
Learn more about these types of companies at our best moving container companies page.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!