Here’s the bottom line: If you’re looking for a reliable auto transport company, you can’t go wrong with Guardian Auto Transport. Though relatively new to the shipping industry, this auto transport broker has built a reputation for excellent customer service with excellent coverage and service options.
Transparent pricing and strictly vetted carriers help ensure a quality shipping experience. Read on to learn more about whether you should consider Guardian Auto Transport for your vehicle shipping needs.
Pros & cons of shipping your car with Guardian Auto Transport
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, with an A+ rating and 4.84/5 star rating from customers
- Reputation for excellent customer service with proactive communication
- 22-point inspection performed by the driver to check for damages
- No down payment
- Transparent pricing with no hidden fees
- Does not service Hawaii
- No instant online quote available
- Prices tend to be higher than the industry average
- Guardian Auto Transport (USDOT#92140) is a relatively new auto transport broker based in Wheeling, Illinois, that has quickly built a strong overall rating thanks to its excellent customer service, transparent pricing, and commitment to working with quality carriers.
- Customer reviews praise Guardian Auto Transport for their excellent communication throughout the booking and transportation process. However, their car transport services can be pricier than the competition for long-distance shipments.
- With more than 27,000 shipping partners, Guardian Auto Transport services families, auto dealers, classic car enthusiasts, and relocation companies. Its services include open and enclosed transport, with expedited shipping options available, as well.
Jump to the Guardian Auto Transport info you’re looking for:
- Guardian Auto Transport pricing: How much it costs for car shipping
- Guardian Auto Transport offers a wide variety of services
- How Guardian Auto Transport stacks up against the competition
- How shipping with Guardian Auto Transport works
- Should you use Guardian Auto Transport to ship your car?
Guardian Auto Transport pricing: How much it costs for car shipping
Guardian Auto Transport offers car shipping quotes online or by calling their phone number. However, it’s worth noting that you can’t get instant quotes online — you’ll submit your information and get an email later with your quote.
Shipping costs for Guardian Auto Transport tend to be slightly higher than the industry average of $1.15 per mile, though rates on shorter shipments (500 miles or less) can be lower than average.
Guardian Auto Transport does not require a down payment at booking. However, you can get a car shipping discount if you make a partial payment when your driver is assigned. You then pay the remaining amount to the driver upon delivery via cash, money order, or cashier’s check. Alternatively, you can make a full payment via credit card when your driver is assigned and confirmed.
As with other car transport companies, there are several factors that will affect your pricing, such as the type of transport you use, the size and type of vehicle you need to transport, the distance of your shipment, and even fuel prices.
Guardian Auto Transport prides itself on transparent pricing, with no hidden fees. When you get a quote, you’ll get an exact breakdown of your costs so you know exactly how much you’ll need to pay (and why).
Guardian Auto Transport offers a wide variety of services
Guardian Auto Transport offers several options for auto transportation services:
- Open transport: The most affordable option for vehicle shipping, open transport has your vehicle shipped on an open trailer. Prices are lower, but there is increased exposure to the elements.
- Enclosed transport: Enclosed car shipping protects your vehicle from severe weather and road debris. However, enclosed transport is significantly more expensive. This is generally recommended for classic cars and other high-value vehicles.
- Insurance coverage: Guardian Auto Transport shipping includes full-coverage car shipping insurance for damage to vehicle exteriors, with each carrier holding their own company liability policies at a minimum of $100,000.
- Motorcycle shipping: Guardian Auto Transport can also assist with shipping motorcycles, RVs, and other specialty vehicles.
- Expedited auto shipping: Expedited shipping options are available for an extra fee when you need your vehicle picked up as soon as possible.
- Door-to-door service: Guardian Auto Transport offers door-to-door shipments, or you and your driver can arrange a nearby accessible location for pickup and drop-off.
- Auto dealer and relocation company support: In addition to servicing individual vehicle owners, Guardian Auto Transport also provides vehicle shipping services for auto dealers and relocation companies.
How Guardian Auto Transport stacks up against the competition
While Guardian Auto Transport has a lot to offer, how does it stack up against some of the best car shipping companies like SGT Auto Transport or Sherpa Auto Transport? Read on to see how the company compares to some of its longer-established industry peers.
Guardian Auto Transport vs. SGT Auto Transport
SGT Auto Transport has been in business since 2014, and like Guardian Auto Transport, has quickly built a name for itself in the car shipping industry.
89% of users select this mover
As a broker, SGT Auto Transport partners with more than 25,000 carriers to deliver wide coverage. If you’re looking to ship your car outside the continental United States, Guardian Auto Transport can get your car to Alaska, but not Hawaii. SGT Auto Transport is the opposite — they ship cars to Hawaii, but not Alaska.
If low prices are a priority, SGT Auto Transport is well worth considering. SGT Auto offers binding, all-inclusive quotes, and they even price-match quotes from other reputable car shippers. Similar to Guardian Auto Transport, they have a reputation for excellent customer service and offer extensive insurance coverage while your vehicle is in transit.
Guardian Auto Transport vs. Sherpa Auto Transport
Sherpa Auto Transport is another popular vehicle shipping company worth considering. Like Guardian Auto Transport, the company doesn’t require an upfront deposit, and its Price Lock Promise keeps your pricing fixed to the quoted amount. A free car wash upon delivery of your vehicle is another nice perk of this vehicle shipper.
89% of users select this mover
Like SGT Auto Transport, Sherpa Auto Transport services the entire continental U.S. plus Hawaii, but they do not service Alaska.
It’s also worth noting that while Sherpa Auto Transport does ship inoperable vehicles, they do not ship motorcycles or RVs.
|Guardian Auto Transport
|49 (not in HI)
|SGT Auto Transport
|49 (not in AK)
|Sherpa Auto Transport
|49 (not in AK)
How shipping with Guardian Auto Transport works
The shipping process with Guardian Auto Transport is fairly straightforward. After you agree to the terms of the offered quote, you will be paired with a shipping agent, who will assign a carrier to transport your vehicle and arrange a pickup date and location.
Your driver will provide updates so you know when to expect them at the pickup location. Guardian Auto Transport also provides a 22-point vehicle inspection to be completed prior to pickup, allowing you to record your car’s current condition and document any existing damage when you drop off your vehicle.
After your vehicle has been picked up, Guardian Auto Transport’s carriers generally travel 400 miles per day — an average that also accounts for downtime for other pickups and deliveries. So, for a long-distance shipment from Los Angeles to Orlando (roughly 2,500 miles), you could expect your vehicle to arrive in six or seven days.
The customer experience during transportation is a highlight of Guardian Auto Transport, with their team providing regular updates during shipping. You can also call at any time for more information.
Finally, when your driver arrives at your agreed-upon delivery location, they will conduct an additional 22-point inspection to check for possible damages. As long as there are no damages, you can sign the inspection sheet and be ready to go!
Should you use Guardian Auto Transport to ship your car?
Guardian Auto Transport provides high-quality car shipping services, but this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re right for everyone.
Use Guardian Auto Transport if:
- You want high-quality customer service. Guardian Auto Transport has built its reputation on proactive, timely, and reliable customer service. Regular updates throughout the shipping process and a personal shipping agent can provide much-needed peace of mind.
- You need relatively fast delivery. With an average rate of 400 miles per day, you could ship your car cross-country in about a week — which is faster than some competitors. The company also offers expedited delivery for an extra fee.
- You’re shipping a car to Alaska. Unlike many of its competitors, Guardian Auto Transport can help you ship your vehicle to Alaska.
Don’t use Guardian Auto Transport if:
- You’re looking for the lowest price. Guardian Auto Transport’s prices tend to be higher than the industry average, though it sometimes offers below-average pricing for shipments of 500 miles or less.
- You need to ship your car to Hawaii, since Guardian Auto Transport does not service that state.
Is Guardian Auto Transport legit?
Yes, Guardian Auto Transport is a legitimate provider of auto transport services. Though the company was established in 2018, it has quickly built a strong reputation for excellent communication and a straightforward, reliable shipping process. The company has an A+ BBB rating and excellent customer ratings online.
Can you pack stuff in your car when you ship it?
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation regulations, you can pack up to 100 pounds of personal items in the rear or trunk of the car. However, these items are not covered by the carrier’s insurance policy.
How do cancellations and refunds work with Guardian Auto Transport?
You can cancel your Guardian Auto Transport order by emailing your shipping agent or calling the company via phone. Because you are charged after a driver has been dispatched, you will be refunded the full amount (minus a $100 service fee) if you cancel.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!