- Gold Standard Moving and Storage represents one of the hundreds of Florida-based brokers of moving services.
- The organization has properly registered at the federal and state agency levels.
- However, online feedback from customers is rather mediocre. The company has had its BBB rating recently updated to an F rating.
- For even more long-distance moving companies, check out our list of the top interstate moving companies.
How does Gold Standard Moving & Storage compare to other professional movers?
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
Jump to the Gold Standard Moving & Storage review section that you’re looking for:
- About Gold Standard Moving & Storage
- Services Offered
- Customer’s Moving Experience
- Licensing and Registrations
- Reputation and Online Presence
- Should You Consider Gold Standard Moving & Storage
About Gold Standard Moving & Storage
Based in Lauderhill, Florida, a town just west of Fort Lauderdale, Gold Standard Moving and Storage maintains a federal broker’s license for facilitating local, and long-distance (interstate) moves. The company website states they are family-owned and have been in business for 10 years.
Pros & Cons
- Customers may receive 30 days of complimentary storage space
- The organization promotes pricing transparency without any hidden fees
- They currently have no office hours on Saturday or Sunday
- Despite being heavily promoted, few details exist regarding the location(s) or details regarding storage services
Gold Standard Moving & Storage offers a broad range of services
- Local moves: The company defines local moves as those where the destination is less than 50 miles away
- Intrastate moves: The company defines an intrastate move as a city-to-city move of more than 50 miles within Florida
- Interstate (long-distance) moves: They offer state-to-state and cross-country moving services
- Packing and unpacking services: Professional packing and unpacking services can save customers the stress and hassles associated with the pre-and post-move work
- Residential storage services: Customers may qualify for 30 days of free storage with climate-controlled options available for more sensitive belongings, including furniture.
- Commercial storage services: Businesses of all sizes can benefit from short and long-term storage options.
How much does Gold Standard Moving & Storage charge?
To find out how much your move will cost, you can request a free moving quote from their website.
Customers may use the Pay My Deposit option on the website for paying electronically from a bank account.
If you want a much more accurate quote on your next move, you can discover the best and most affordable moving companies in your area with our moving cost calculator.
Overall, Gold Standard Moving has a decent online presence
Gold Standard Moving and Storage currently remains unaccredited with the Better Business Bureau and has an overall rating of F. The BBB reports indicate that the organization was the subject of roughly 82 complaints over the past three years. The BBB posted an alert related to the organization after noticing a pattern of complaints (see image).
Most of the complaints involved alleged price increases after the initial estimate was provided or allegations of failing to refund customer deposits when customers made cancelations before the required deadline. On August 2, 2021, the BBB sent written correspondence requesting voluntary cooperation for resolving the complaints.
|BBB Complaint Types||Number|
|Sales or Advertising||0|
|Collections or Billing||31|
|Warranty or Guarantee||0|
|Product or Service Problems||35|
The organization maintains a Google business page that contains more than 740 reviews from customers. The current rating is 3.7 out of 5.0 on Google.
On Yelp, the company claimed the page for Gold Standard Moving and Storage; however, the address listed shows an office location in Sarasota, Florida. The Yelp listing has approximately 8 reviews and a rating of 1 out of 5 stars. Note: An unrelated listing also exists for Gold Standard Moving Company on Yelp.
How is Gold Standard Moving customer experience?
Gold Standard has two ways customers can reach out for customer service-related issues. Customers can call them directly or send an email to [email protected]
Customers seeking a quote (estimate) can submit the basic details of the move through the website form and receive a “rough estimate.” To receive a detailed written estimate, customers must complete a more thorough inventory of belongings.
Is Gold Standard licensed and insured?
Gold Standard Moving and Storage LLC maintains federal registration (DOT# 3422711 and MC#1106845) as a broker for transporting household goods. The organization maintains a bond for insurance purposes.
|Licensing Insurance FMCSA?||Yes (bond)|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Yes, not accredited|
Florida’s Chapter 507 Statute requires all organizations that participate in intrastate moving (including brokers) to formally register with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). Gold Standard Moving and Storage satisfied the registration requirements (#MB133). In 2021, the state agency received approximately 12 complaints (see image). The registration lookup site is https://www.professionalmoversofflorida.org/.
For more information on how moving company regulations and why we choose to look at these databases, check out our post on how moving companies are regulated.
Should You Consider Gold Standard Moving for a Move?
Gold Standard Moving and Storage represents a decent option at best based on a comprehensive review of customer feedback. The company has room for improvement in communicating with customers regarding how the final costs of the move are actually calculated.
Do you need some guidance when choosing a moving company and want to see how much your move will cost? If so, check out our moving cost calculator for instant ballpark pricing and learn about your options.
Check out other reviews of some of the best movers:
Our Top 5 Long Distance Movers of 2022
500 interstate moving companies, 3 months of research, cross-referenced reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records.
2022 Best Moving Containers & Storage Companies
We spent 260 hours researching moving container and storage companies to find the best prices, best customer service, and fastest deliveries so you don't have to.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!