Quick Answer: The average cost to ship a car the 1349 miles from Massachusetts to Florida ranges from $1,162 to $1,755 and takes 3-8 days.
Shipping a car the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Florida to Massachusetts car shipping guide.
The average cost to ship a car from Massachusetts to Florida
Because the distance between Massachusetts to Florida is about 1349 miles, it’ll take from 3 to 8 days to complete your car shipment.
Cost to ship a car from Boston, MA to Florida
- Boston to Jacksonville: $1,014 to $1,587
- Boston to Pensacola: $1,238 to $1,825
- Boston to Miami: $1,238 to $1,825
- Boston to Tampa: $1,162 to $1,755
- Boston to Orlando: $1,095 to $1,676
Cost to ship a car from New Bedford, MA to Florida
- New Bedford to Jacksonville: $1,014 to $1,587
- New Bedford to Pensacola: $1,162 to $1,755
- New Bedford to Miami: $1,238 to $1,825
- New Bedford to Tampa: $1,162 to $1,755
- New Bedford to Orlando: $1,095 to $1,676
Cost to ship a car from Barnstable, MA to Florida
- Barnstable to Jacksonville: $1,014 to $1,587
- Barnstable to Pensacola: $1,238 to $1,825
- Barnstable to Miami: $1,303 to $1,862
- Barnstable to Tampa: $1,162 to $1,755
- Barnstable to Orlando: $1,162 to $1,755
Cost to ship a car from Pittsfield, MA to Florida
- Pittsfield to Jacksonville: $931 to $1,490
- Pittsfield to Pensacola: $1,162 to $1,755
- Pittsfield to Miami: $1,238 to $1,825
- Pittsfield to Tampa: $1,095 to $1,676
- Pittsfield to Orlando: $1,095 to $1,676
Cost to ship a car from Plymouth, MA to Florida
- Plymouth to Jacksonville: $1,014 to $1,587
- Plymouth to Pensacola: $1,238 to $1,825
- Plymouth to Miami: $1,303 to $1,862
- Plymouth to Tampa: $1,162 to $1,755
- Plymouth to Orlando: $1,162 to $1,755
Shipping an SUV or Truck from Massachusetts to Florida
Since vehicles such as SUV, trucks, and vans are larger and heavier, it’s a bit more expensive to ship them than a sedan. How much more?
If you’re shipping a larger vehicle from Massachusetts to Florida you should expect to pay between $1,453 and $2,194.
Factors that affect the price of shipping a car from Massachusetts to Florida
- Open Carrier or Enclosed Trailer – Most new cars from ports and factories are moved on open auto carriers, while race cars, vintage collector’s cars, and high-dollar luxury cars get enclosed transport. If you’re not sure, check out our guide comparing open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Time of the year – Due to demand, prices to ship your car from Massachusetts to Florida tend to be a little higher in the summer.
- Size, Weight, and Type of Vehicle – The larger and heavier your vehicle, the more shipping your car to Florida will cost.
- Delivery Expectations – Because it’ll make their job easier, your auto shipper may give you a pricing discount if you’re flexible on delivery dates. That being said, getting your car from Massachusetts to Florida should take between 3 and 8 days.
- Pick up and Drop-Off Options – Instead of door-to-door service, consider taking your vehicle to the nearest company terminal in Massachusetts and having it delivered to the one closest to your new home in Florida. It’s more work for you, but it could save you a bundle.
Resources for Shipping a Car from Massachusetts to Florida
The following resources can help with you shipping your car from Massachusetts to Florida:
- The best car shipping companies: Don’t run the risk of using an unreliable company to transport your car from Massachusetts to Florida. Using the right company can save you many headaches.
- Best Massachusetts to Florida movers: Moving too? We’ve handpicked the best moving companies between Massachusetts and Florida.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate of moving costs.
- Massachusetts to Florida movers & costs: Everything you should know about moving from Massachusetts to Florida.
Stick around for more details on costs, tips, and Massachusetts car shippers you should use.
The best Massachusetts to Florida car shippers
A good car shipping company should cover the basics. These are the things to look out for in a quality transport company:
- Insurance: Make sure the insurance covers both the company and the hauler the company contracts with to ship the car.
- Experience: Look for a company that has multiple years of experience and a good track record.
- Shipping options: Good car shipping companies will offer open and closed transport, expedited delivery, shipment tracking, and more.
- Added Perks: Damage coverage, no initial deposits, rental car assistance, free car wash, and guaranteed pricing are some additional options great car shippers offer.
How car shipping from Massachusetts to Florida works
- After you’ve received your quote, book your vehicle transport from Massachusetts to Florida.
- Once booked, you’ll schedule your vehicle to be picked up in Massachusetts where it will be loaded onto the carrier.
- Your vehicle will be safely unloaded from the carrier in Florida on your delivery date.
What else should you know about shipping a car from Massachusetts to Florida?
- Car Insurance requirements: All vehicles registered in Florida must have PIP and PDL insurance coverage at the time of registration with a minimum of $10,000 for PIP and $10,000 for PDL.
- Vehicle Inspection: Unlike many states, Florida does not mandate vehicle owners to undergo regular emission or safety inspections for their vehicles.
- Driver’s License: If you possess a valid driver's license from another state, you are legally permitted to drive in Florida without obtaining a Florida driver's license. However, if you choose to obtain one, you only need to pass a vision and hearing test, no written or road test is necessary.
- Additional Taxes: If the taxes paid in another state are lower than the taxes owed in Florida, you only need to pay the difference. Furthermore, if you can provide evidence that the vehicle was used for at least 6 months outside of Florida prior to registering it in the state, you will be exempt from paying Florida use tax.
Alternative ways to ship your car from Massachusetts to Florida
- Drive it yourself: Straightforward but not always an option and it will put about 1349 miles on your car going from Massachusetts to Florida. If you’re not sure, here are the pros and cons of driving your car vs shipping it.
- Ship it with your movers: If you hire a moving company, they also work with reputable car shippers. Otherwise, there may be the option of even shipping your car with your household belongings!
- Hire a driver: Hire someone to drive the car from Massachusetts to Florida for you. It’s an option…
- Ship by train: If this is an option for you, it’s an affordable and secure way of shipping your vehicle. Shipping a car by train is actually the cheapest way to ship your car!
Learn more with our car shipping checklist
Shipping Your Car from Massachusetts to Florida FAQs
Does someone have to be present when picking up my car in Massachusetts and when dropping off my car in Florida?
Most companies will require someone that is at least 18-years-old to be present when picking up your car in Massachusetts and when dropping it off in Florida.
Do you need car insurance when shipping your car from Massachusetts to Florida?
If you’re not driving the vehicle from Massachusetts to Florida, it’s not required to have typical car insurance. Your car hauler should have adequate insurance if an accident happened on the drive to Florida, which you should verify before loading your car in Massachusetts.
How long does it take to ship a car from Massachusetts to Florida?
Car shipping companies can travel about 500 miles per day. With the trip from Massachusetts to Florida being about 1349 miles, that’s as fast as about 3 days. But most car transporting companies will take 3-8 days to go from Massachusetts to Florida.