Quick Answer: The average cost to ship a car the 1206 miles from Texas to South Carolina ranges from $1,095 to $1,676 and takes 2-8 days.
Shipping a car the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our South Carolina to Texas car shipping guide.
The average cost to ship a car from Texas to South Carolina
Because the distance between Texas to South Carolina is about 1206 miles, it’ll take from 2 to 8 days to complete your car shipment.
Cost to ship a car from Houston, TX to South Carolina
- Houston to Spartanburg: $938 to $1,468
- Houston to Charleston: $931 to $1,490
- Houston to Columbia: $931 to $1,490
- Houston to Rock Hill: $931 to $1,490
- Houston to Greenville: $939 to $1,455
Cost to ship a car from San Antonio, TX to South Carolina
- San Antonio to Spartanburg: $1,014 to $1,587
- San Antonio to Charleston: $1,095 to $1,676
- San Antonio to Columbia: $1,014 to $1,587
- San Antonio to Rock Hill: $1,095 to $1,676
- San Antonio to Greenville: $1,014 to $1,587
Cost to ship a car from Dallas, TX to South Carolina
- Dallas to Spartanburg: $938 to $1,468
- Dallas to Charleston: $931 to $1,490
- Dallas to Columbia: $935 to $1,480
- Dallas to Rock Hill: $931 to $1,490
- Dallas to Greenville: $939 to $1,455
Cost to ship a car from Austin, TX to South Carolina
- Austin to Spartanburg: $1,014 to $1,587
- Austin to Charleston: $1,095 to $1,676
- Austin to Columbia: $1,014 to $1,587
- Austin to Rock Hill: $1,014 to $1,587
- Austin to Greenville: $931 to $1,490
Cost to ship a car from Fort Worth, TX to South Carolina
- Fort Worth to Spartanburg: $935 to $1,480
- Fort Worth to Charleston: $1,014 to $1,587
- Fort Worth to Columbia: $931 to $1,490
- Fort Worth to Rock Hill: $931 to $1,490
- Fort Worth to Greenville: $938 to $1,468
Shipping an SUV or Truck from Texas to South Carolina
Since vehicles such as SUV, trucks, and vans are larger and heavier, it’s a bit more expensive to ship them than a sedan. How much more?
If you’re shipping a larger vehicle from Texas to South Carolina you should expect to pay between $1,369 and $2,095.
Factors that affect the price of shipping a car from Texas to South Carolina
- Open Carrier or Enclosed Trailer – Most new cars from ports and factories are moved on open auto carriers, while race cars, vintage collector’s cars, and high-dollar luxury cars get enclosed transport. If you’re not sure, check out our guide comparing open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Time of the year – Due to demand, prices to ship your car from Texas to South Carolina tend to be a little higher in the summer.
- Size, Weight, and Type of Vehicle – The larger and heavier your vehicle, the more shipping your car to South Carolina will cost.
- Delivery Expectations – Because it’ll make their job easier, your auto shipper may give you a pricing discount if you’re flexible on delivery dates. That being said, getting your car from Texas to South Carolina should take between 2 and 8 days.
- Pick up and Drop-Off Options – Instead of door-to-door service, consider taking your vehicle to the nearest company terminal in Texas and having it delivered to the one closest to your new home in South Carolina. It’s more work for you, but it could save you a bundle.
Resources for Shipping a Car from Texas to South Carolina
The following resources can help with you shipping your car from Texas to South Carolina:
- The best car shipping companies: Don’t run the risk of using an unreliable company to transport your car from Texas to South Carolina. Using the right company can save you many headaches.
- Best Texas to South Carolina movers: Moving too? We’ve handpicked the best moving companies between Texas and South Carolina.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate of moving costs.
- Texas to South Carolina movers & costs: Everything you should know about moving from Texas to South Carolina.
Stick around for more details on costs, tips, and Texas car shippers you should use.
The best Texas to South Carolina car shippers
A good car shipping company should cover the basics. These are the things to look out for in a quality transport company:
- Insurance: Make sure the insurance covers both the company and the hauler the company contracts with to ship the car.
- Experience: Look for a company that has multiple years of experience and a good track record.
- Shipping options: Good car shipping companies will offer open and closed transport, expedited delivery, shipment tracking, and more.
- Added Perks: Damage coverage, no initial deposits, rental car assistance, free car wash, and guaranteed pricing are some additional options great car shippers offer.
How car shipping from Texas to South Carolina works
- After you’ve received your quote, book your vehicle transport from Texas to South Carolina.
- Once booked, you’ll schedule your vehicle to be picked up in Texas where it will be loaded onto the carrier.
- Your vehicle will be safely unloaded from the carrier in South Carolina on your delivery date.
What else should you know about shipping a car from Texas to South Carolina?
- Car Insurance requirements: In South Carolina, all drivers are required to have liability insurance. The state minimum liability limits are 25/50/25, which means that the insurance must cover at least $25,000 for bodily injury per person, $50,000 for total bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 for property damage per accident.
- Vehicle Inspection: Drivers in South Carolina are not required to get a safety, VIN, or emissions inspection for their vehicle.
- Driver’s License: If you are moving to South Carolina, you will be required to obtain a South Carolina driver's license within 90 days of establishing residency in the state.
- Additional Taxes: In South Carolina, there is a sales tax imposed on the purchase of a vehicle. The sales tax rate is 6%, which is collected by the dealer at the time of purchase.
Alternative ways to ship your car from Texas to South Carolina
- Drive it yourself: Straightforward but not always an option and it will put about 1206 miles on your car going from Texas to South Carolina. If you’re not sure, here are the pros and cons of driving your car vs shipping it.
- Ship it with your movers: If you hire a moving company, they also work with reputable car shippers. Otherwise, there may be the option of even shipping your car with your household belongings!
- Hire a driver: Hire someone to drive the car from Texas to South Carolina for you. It’s an option…
- Ship by train: If this is an option for you, it’s an affordable and secure way of shipping your vehicle. Shipping a car by train is actually the cheapest way to ship your car!
Learn more with our car shipping checklist
Shipping Your Car from Texas to South Carolina FAQs
Does someone have to be present when picking up my car in Texas and when dropping off my car in South Carolina?
Most companies will require someone that is at least 18-years-old to be present when picking up your car in Texas and when dropping it off in South Carolina.
Do you need car insurance when shipping your car from Texas to South Carolina?
If you’re not driving the vehicle from Texas to South Carolina, it’s not required to have typical car insurance. Your car hauler should have adequate insurance if an accident happened on the drive to South Carolina, which you should verify before loading your car in Texas.
How long does it take to ship a car from Texas to South Carolina?
Car shipping companies can travel about 500 miles per day. With the trip from Texas to South Carolina being about 1206 miles, that’s as fast as about 3 days. But most car transporting companies will take 2-8 days to go from Texas to South Carolina.