Here’s the bottom line: According to the customer reviews singing their praises, Diesel Auto Express is at the top of their game. We’d recommend them to anyone considering moving a car within the USA, but they may not be the cheapest option on the market.
Diesel Auto Express is a well-liked car shipping company with a broad range of services to meet virtually every transport need you have, but their prices can be more than 20% higher than comparable companies.
You know the saying — you get what you pay for — so maybe their overwhelming customer satisfaction is worth the slightly steeper price tag. Keep reading to dive into the pros and cons and more need-to-know information to choose the best car shipping company for your needs.
Pros & cons of shipping your car with Diesel Auto Express
- Provides door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal auto transport services
- Accepts multiple forms of payment, including PayPal and credit cards
- Can help with corporate relocations and company vehicles
- Works with car dealerships to get vehicles to their new owners
- Provides pickup within 1–5 days
- Family-owned and operated
- Available in all 50 states
- Facilitates most car transport services with their own fleet of trucks
- Can broker vehicle shipping requests when they can’t service directly
- Offers GPS tracking throughout the auto shipping process
- Matches all customers to an auto transport expert for single point-of-contact
- Higher prices than many auto shipping companies
- All online quotes require a callback
- Doesn’t offer additional insurance coverage
- Diesel Auto Express (USDOT#1885300) is a family-owned auto transport company headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. It services all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Diesel Auto Express offers a wide range of enclosed and open car shipping services tailored for niche demographics like students, snowbirds, antique dealerships, and more.
- The company is a broker-carrier, meaning it has its own fleet of trucks and a network of carriers it can tap into if it can’t meet your needs.
Jump to the Diesel Auto Express info you’re looking for:
- Diesel Auto Express pricing: How much it costs for car shipping
- Diesel Auto Express offers a wide variety of services
- How Diesel Auto Express stacks up against the competition
- How shipping with Diesel Auto Express works
- Should you use Diesel Auto Express to ship your car?
Diesel Auto Express pricing: How much it costs for car shipping
Diesel Auto Express is family-owned and operated, so it’s much more of a mom-and-pop auto shipping company than the industry titans. As such, its prices are often higher than larger and more well-known companies.
On average, we’ve noticed that Diesel’s auto shipping costs are more than 15%–20% higher than comparable companies providing the same services. For this reason, we always recommend you request multiple quotes from different auto transporters to ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
While Diesel Auto Transport has quote buttons all over its website, it’s really just a contact form. First, you’ll provide your origin and destination zip codes and whether or not you want enclosed or open transport. Then you’ll fill out your contact information. Next, you can add the year, make, and model for as many cars as you need to ship. You can select flexible, expedited, or on a specific date.
After you’ve input all this information, you’ll be contacted by an auto transport expert who can give you a free quote.
Use our car shipping calculator to get a better idea of what you can expect to spend. Car shipping costs depend on a lot of factors, but distance is usually the main one. For example, it costs more to ship a car from Maine to Hawaii than it would to ship a car from Seattle to Los Angeles.
Diesel Auto Express offers a wide variety of services
Diesel Auto Express can accommodate nearly every car shipping need a person or business could have.
- Enclosed auto shipping: Diesel Auto Express has a fleet of trucks and a network of carriers that can accommodate enclosed trailer shipping for all vehicle types. Enclosed shipping companies offer trailers that protect your vehicle from the elements and roadway hazards.
- Open carrier car transport: Open carrier transport is a safe and cost-effective solution for transporting your vehicle. Dealerships often use this option for new cars, so you shouldn’t be too concerned about road debris.
- Expedited shipping: If you’re on a tight timeline, Diesel Auto Express will work to provide guaranteed delivery by a specific date. Just be prepared to pay extra for this service.
- Door-to-door service: Door-to-door transport is the most common car shipping method. It’s also the most convenient. With this option, your vehicle will be picked up and dropped off at your new home or business.
- Terminal-to-terminal service: If you live in an area that can’t accommodate a large auto shipping truck, terminal-to-terminal service may be your best option.
- Students and military: Diesel Auto Express provides specialty services designed to meet the needs of college students and active-duty military members who need to take their car with them to their new home base.
- Luxury and auction vehicles: If you have a luxury vehicle or have recently purchased one through an auction, Diesel Auto Express can help you get it to its new home without worrying about unnecessary wear and tear.
- Corporate relocations: Diesel can help businesses relocate their equipment and vehicles to a new office or headquarters.
We don’t see any car shipping discounts advertised for specific demographics, but it doesn’t hurt to inquire if they’re running any promotions at the time of your booking. Buried at the bottom of the webpage, it says you can save up to 30% by booking over the phone.
How Diesel Auto Express stacks up against the competition
The auto shipping industry is far-reaching, but not all companies are created equally, so we recommend you look a bit deeper than a star rating to find the best choice for your vehicle type, budget, and timeline.
Diesel Auto Express didn’t make our short list of the best car shipping companies, so it’s worth comparing your options against some of our top picks before making a final decision.
Diesel Auto Express vs. SGT Auto Transport
SGT Auto Transport is our overall choice for car shipping almost anywhere in the country, but Diesel Auto Express’ service radius expands far enough to accommodate vehicle shipping to Alaska, while SGT does not.
89% of users select this mover
SGT will provide door-to-door services in the contiguous United States, but customers in Hawaii will have to pick up their car at a terminal. Diesel can provide door-to-door service in all states, including Alaska and Hawaii.
Both companies offer similar enclosed and open transport options, but only Diesel offers GPS shipment tracking. SGT’s final leg up on Diesel is its more convenient online quote process.
Diesel Auto Express vs. Easy Auto Ship
Easy Auto Ship is another great option if you’re looking to ship your vehicle domestically or abroad. While Diesel limits its focus to the United States, Easy Auto Ship services all 50 states and international locations. It’s not super clear about the countries it will ship to, so make sure you confirm availability by phone before putting your eggs in this basket.
89% of users select this mover
Diesel can ship all types of vehicles, as can Easy Auto Ship. Diesel’s reputation with customers beats Easy Auto Ship by a lot, though. Easy Auto Ship has more of a mixed bag of reviews, whereas the lion’s share of Diesel’s reviews are more than satisfied with their service.
Both companies offer GPS tracking in transit, but Easy Auto Ship customers often complain that the system doesn’t work exactly as it should.
|Diesel Auto Express
|SGT Auto Transport
|Easy Auto Ship
How shipping with Diesel Auto Express works
Diesel Auto Express doesn’t have a particularly unique transportation process. To reserve your services, you can call the company directly at (360) 539-8600 or request a callback using the quote form.
Once you’ve confirmed your booking, you’ll receive a dispatch notification with your assigned carrier’s phone number and estimated arrival time. You can generally expect your pickup date to be within one to five business days of your requested date. Longer distances may require longer lead time.
After pickup, transit times also vary depending on the distance. Diesel provides the following estimates:
|Distance / miles
During transit, you’ll be able to track your vehicle using the online portal. Tracking your vehicle will allow you to anticipate the expected delivery time, but your driver should give you a heads up, too.
You can reference your documents and complete payment online at the end of the process. You can pay directly by credit card online or use your PayPal account. Some carriers may accept cash or checks, but it’s a good idea to verify this ahead of time to avoid confusion.
Should you use Diesel Auto Express to ship your car?
Not sure if Diesel Auto Express is the right fit for your car shipping needs? Consider our recommendations below.
Use Diesel Auto Express if:
- You’re relocating your small business and need to move company vehicles
- You want to work with a family-owned company with a really good reputation
- You prioritize innovative customer service features, like GPS tracking and a single point of contact throughout the process
- You’re taking an antique or luxury vehicle to a car show
Don’t use Diesel Auto Express if:
- You’re hoping to pay bottom dollar for car shipping
- You’d rather work with a big company that’s been around for decades
- You’re relocating your car internationally
Does Diesel Auto Express offer guaranteed delivery dates?
Yes, Diesel Auto Express offers guaranteed delivery dates if you upgrade to an expedited shipping package.
Are Diesel Auto Express and Diesel Auto Transportation the same company?
No, Diesel Auto Express and Diesel Auto Transportation are different companies. The branding can be confusing, so make sure you’re in the right place. You can reach the former at dieselautoexpress.com. It’s located at 12711 NE 95th St., Suite B, Vancouver, WA 98682.
Diesel Auto Transportation is based in Miami and can be found at dieselautotransport.com.
How long does it take to ship a car with Diesel Auto Express?
The time it takes to ship a car with Diesel Auto Express depends on your time frame, services, time of year, and distance. After you schedule your booking, you’ll receive a dispatch notification with your driver’s estimated pickup date and contact information.
Diesel Auto Express will make every effort to pick up vehicles within one to five business days of your desired shipping date. You can track your vehicle’s transit time and estimate its arrival throughout the transport process.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!