Quick Answer: The average cost to ship a car the 826 miles from Arizona to Texas ranges from $929 to $1,390 and takes 2-7 days.
Shipping a car the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Texas to Arizona car shipping guide.
The average cost to ship a car from Arizona to Texas
Because the distance between Arizona to Texas is about 826 miles, it’ll take from 2 to 7 days to complete your car shipment.
Cost to ship a car from Phoenix, AZ to Texas
- Phoenix to Houston: $1,014 to $1,587
- Phoenix to San Antonio: $935 to $1,480
- Phoenix to Dallas: $931 to $1,490
- Phoenix to Austin: $931 to $1,490
- Phoenix to Fort Worth: $931 to $1,490
Cost to ship a car from Tucson, AZ to Texas
- Tucson to Houston: $931 to $1,490
- Tucson to San Antonio: $934 to $1,409
- Tucson to Dallas: $938 to $1,468
- Tucson to Austin: $937 to $1,426
- Tucson to Fort Worth: $938 to $1,441
Cost to ship a car from Mesa, AZ to Texas
- Mesa to Houston: $1,014 to $1,587
- Mesa to San Antonio: $939 to $1,455
- Mesa to Dallas: $931 to $1,490
- Mesa to Austin: $938 to $1,468
- Mesa to Fort Worth: $935 to $1,480
Cost to ship a car from Chandler, AZ to Texas
- Chandler to Houston: $1,014 to $1,587
- Chandler to San Antonio: $938 to $1,468
- Chandler to Dallas: $931 to $1,490
- Chandler to Austin: $935 to $1,480
- Chandler to Fort Worth: $931 to $1,490
Cost to ship a car from Gilbert, AZ to Texas
- Gilbert to Houston: $1,014 to $1,587
- Gilbert to San Antonio: $939 to $1,455
- Gilbert to Dallas: $931 to $1,490
- Gilbert to Austin: $938 to $1,468
- Gilbert to Fort Worth: $935 to $1,480
Shipping an SUV or Truck from Arizona to Texas
Since vehicles such as SUV, trucks, and vans are larger and heavier, it’s a bit more expensive to ship them than a sedan. How much more?
If you’re shipping a larger vehicle from Arizona to Texas you should expect to pay between $1,161 and $1,738.
Factors that affect the price of shipping a car from Arizona to Texas
- Open Carrier or Enclosed Trailer – Most new cars from ports and factories are moved on open auto carriers, while race cars, vintage collector’s cars, and high-dollar luxury cars get enclosed transport. If you’re not sure, check out our guide comparing open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Time of the year – Due to demand, prices to ship your car from Arizona to Texas tend to be a little higher in the summer.
- Size, Weight, and Type of Vehicle – The larger and heavier your vehicle, the more shipping your car to Texas will cost.
- Delivery Expectations – Because it’ll make their job easier, your auto shipper may give you a pricing discount if you’re flexible on delivery dates. That being said, getting your car from Arizona to Texas should take between 2 and 7 days.
- Pick up and Drop-Off Options – Instead of door-to-door service, consider taking your vehicle to the nearest company terminal in Arizona and having it delivered to the one closest to your new home in Texas. It’s more work for you, but it could save you a bundle.
Resources for Shipping a Car from Arizona to Texas
The following resources can help with you shipping your car from Arizona to Texas:
- The best car shipping companies: Don’t run the risk of using an unreliable company to transport your car from Arizona to Texas. Using the right company can save you many headaches.
- Best Arizona to Texas movers: Moving too? We’ve handpicked the best moving companies between Arizona and Texas.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate of moving costs.
- Arizona to Texas movers & costs: Everything you should know about moving from Arizona to Texas.
Stick around for more details on costs, tips, and Arizona car shippers you should use.
The best Arizona to Texas car shippers
A good car shipping company should cover the basics. These are the things to look out for in a quality transport company:
- Insurance: Make sure the insurance covers both the company and the hauler the company contracts with to ship the car.
- Experience: Look for a company that has multiple years of experience and a good track record.
- Shipping options: Good car shipping companies will offer open and closed transport, expedited delivery, shipment tracking, and more.
- Added Perks: Damage coverage, no initial deposits, rental car assistance, free car wash, and guaranteed pricing are some additional options great car shippers offer.
How car shipping from Arizona to Texas works
- After you’ve received your quote, book your vehicle transport from Arizona to Texas.
- Once booked, you’ll schedule your vehicle to be picked up in Arizona where it will be loaded onto the carrier.
- Your vehicle will be safely unloaded from the carrier in Texas on your delivery date.
What else should you know about shipping a car from Arizona to Texas?
Alternative ways to ship your car from Arizona to Texas
- Drive it yourself: Straightforward but not always an option and it will put about 826 miles on your car going from Arizona to Texas. If you’re not sure, here are the pros and cons of driving your car vs shipping it.
- Ship it with your movers: If you hire a moving company, they also work with reputable car shippers. Otherwise, there may be the option of even shipping your car with your household belongings!
- Hire a driver: Hire someone to drive the car from Arizona to Texas for you. It’s an option…
- Ship by train: If this is an option for you, it’s an affordable and secure way of shipping your vehicle. Shipping a car by train is actually the cheapest way to ship your car!
Learn more with our car shipping checklist
Shipping Your Car from Arizona to Texas FAQs
Does someone have to be present when picking up my car in Arizona and when dropping off my car in Texas?
Most companies will require someone that is at least 18-years-old to be present when picking up your car in Arizona and when dropping it off in Texas.
Do you need car insurance when shipping your car from Arizona to Texas?
If you’re not driving the vehicle from Arizona to Texas, it’s not required to have typical car insurance. Your car hauler should have adequate insurance if an accident happened on the drive to Texas, which you should verify before loading your car in Arizona.
How long does it take to ship a car from Arizona to Texas?
Car shipping companies can travel about 500 miles per day. With the trip from Arizona to Texas being about 826 miles, that’s as fast as about 2 days. But most car transporting companies will take 2-7 days to go from Arizona to Texas.