Quick Answer: The average cost to ship a car the 1366 miles from Florida to Texas ranges from $1,162 to $1,755 and takes 3-8 days.
Shipping a car the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Texas to Florida car shipping guide.
The average cost to ship a car from Florida to Texas
Because the distance between Florida to Texas is about 1366 miles, it’ll take from 3 to 8 days to complete your car shipment.
Cost to ship a car from Jacksonville, FL to Texas
- Jacksonville to Houston: $934 to $1,409
- Jacksonville to San Antonio: $931 to $1,490
- Jacksonville to Dallas: $935 to $1,480
- Jacksonville to Austin: $931 to $1,490
- Jacksonville to Fort Worth: $931 to $1,490
Cost to ship a car from Pensacola, FL to Texas
- Pensacola to Houston: $767 to $1,061
- Pensacola to San Antonio: $886 to $1,277
- Pensacola to Dallas: $859 to $1,222
- Pensacola to Austin: $874 to $1,251
- Pensacola to Fort Worth: $874 to $1,251
Cost to ship a car from Miami, FL to Texas
- Miami to Houston: $1,014 to $1,587
- Miami to San Antonio: $1,162 to $1,755
- Miami to Dallas: $1,162 to $1,755
- Miami to Austin: $1,162 to $1,755
- Miami to Fort Worth: $1,162 to $1,755
Cost to ship a car from Tampa, FL to Texas
- Tampa to Houston: $935 to $1,480
- Tampa to San Antonio: $1,014 to $1,587
- Tampa to Dallas: $1,014 to $1,587
- Tampa to Austin: $1,014 to $1,587
- Tampa to Fort Worth: $1,014 to $1,587
Cost to ship a car from Orlando, FL to Texas
- Orlando to Houston: $938 to $1,468
- Orlando to San Antonio: $1,014 to $1,587
- Orlando to Dallas: $931 to $1,490
- Orlando to Austin: $1,014 to $1,587
- Orlando to Fort Worth: $1,014 to $1,587
Shipping an SUV or Truck from Florida to Texas
Since vehicles such as SUV, trucks, and vans are larger and heavier, it’s a bit more expensive to ship them than a sedan. How much more?
If you’re shipping a larger vehicle from Florida to Texas you should expect to pay between $1,453 and $2,194.
Factors that affect the price of shipping a car from Florida to Texas
- Open Carrier or Enclosed Trailer – Most new cars from ports and factories are moved on open auto carriers, while race cars, vintage collector’s cars, and high-dollar luxury cars get enclosed transport. If you’re not sure, check out our guide comparing open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Time of the year – Due to demand, prices to ship your car from Florida to Texas tend to be a little higher in the summer.
- Size, Weight, and Type of Vehicle – The larger and heavier your vehicle, the more shipping your car to Texas will cost.
- Delivery Expectations – Because it’ll make their job easier, your auto shipper may give you a pricing discount if you’re flexible on delivery dates. That being said, getting your car from Florida to Texas should take between 3 and 8 days.
- Pick up and Drop-Off Options – Instead of door-to-door service, consider taking your vehicle to the nearest company terminal in Florida and having it delivered to the one closest to your new home in Texas. It’s more work for you, but it could save you a bundle.
Resources for Shipping a Car from Florida to Texas
The following resources can help with you shipping your car from Florida to Texas:
- The best car shipping companies: Don’t run the risk of using an unreliable company to transport your car from Florida to Texas. Using the right company can save you many headaches.
- Best Florida to Texas movers: Moving too? We’ve handpicked the best moving companies between Florida and Texas.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate of moving costs.
- Florida to Texas movers & costs: Everything you should know about moving from Florida to Texas.
Stick around for more details on costs, tips, and Florida car shippers you should use.
The best Florida to Texas car shippers
A good car shipping company should cover the basics. These are the things to look out for in a quality transport company:
- Insurance: Make sure the insurance covers both the company and the hauler the company contracts with to ship the car.
- Experience: Look for a company that has multiple years of experience and a good track record.
- Shipping options: Good car shipping companies will offer open and closed transport, expedited delivery, shipment tracking, and more.
- Added Perks: Damage coverage, no initial deposits, rental car assistance, free car wash, and guaranteed pricing are some additional options great car shippers offer.
How car shipping from Florida to Texas works
- After you’ve received your quote, book your vehicle transport from Florida to Texas.
- Once booked, you’ll schedule your vehicle to be picked up in Florida where it will be loaded onto the carrier.
- Your vehicle will be safely unloaded from the carrier in Texas on your delivery date.
What else should you know about shipping a car from Florida to Texas?
Alternative ways to ship your car from Florida to Texas
- Drive it yourself: Straightforward but not always an option and it will put about 1366 miles on your car going from Florida to Texas. If you’re not sure, here are the pros and cons of driving your car vs shipping it.
- Ship it with your movers: If you hire a moving company, they also work with reputable car shippers. Otherwise, there may be the option of even shipping your car with your household belongings!
- Hire a driver: Hire someone to drive the car from Florida to Texas for you. It’s an option…
- Ship by train: If this is an option for you, it’s an affordable and secure way of shipping your vehicle. Shipping a car by train is actually the cheapest way to ship your car!
Learn more with our car shipping checklist
Shipping Your Car from Florida to Texas FAQs
Does someone have to be present when picking up my car in Florida and when dropping off my car in Texas?
Most companies will require someone that is at least 18-years-old to be present when picking up your car in Florida and when dropping it off in Texas.
Do you need car insurance when shipping your car from Florida to Texas?
If you’re not driving the vehicle from Florida to Texas, it’s not required to have typical car insurance. Your car hauler should have adequate insurance if an accident happened on the drive to Texas, which you should verify before loading your car in Florida.
How long does it take to ship a car from Florida to Texas?
Car shipping companies can travel about 500 miles per day. With the trip from Florida to Texas being about 1366 miles, that’s as fast as about 3 days. But most car transporting companies will take 3-8 days to go from Florida to Texas.