The cost to move from Florida to Pennsylvania averages from $907 to $6,370 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Pennsylvania. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Pennsylvania to Florida guide.
Moving from Florida to Pennsylvania
- Best Florida to Pennsylvania movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Florida to Pennsylvania.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies
- Florida to Pennsylvania car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 1,135 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
The Best Florida to Pennsylvania Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal. We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best Florida to Pennsylvania moving companies.
- Safeway Moving: Best Overall Value
- International Van Lines: Best customer service
- American Van Lines: Best industry reputation
- Air Van northAmerican Van Lines: Best for complex moves
- JK Moving Services: Best for high-end moves
Get A Quote(855) 650-0657
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(855) 929-4120
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(866) 835-2392
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(844) 950-2963
% of users select this mover
Get A Quote(703) 972-1772
% of users select this mover
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to move from Florida to Pennsylvania?
The table below lays out average cost ranges for different moving services depending on the size of your home.
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,229 - $4,968||$1,016 - $2,481||$840 - $1,599|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,694 - $6,370||$1,819 - $3,640||$907 - $1,901|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,519 - $8,519||$2,461 - $4,811||$1,140 - $2,315|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,135 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Florida to Pennsylvania will depend on:
- Move size: Moving a large home costs more than moving a studio apartment.
- Time of year: The peak moving season is in the summer, this makes prices higher.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: You may save money with a DIY move, but you also will have to do all the work.
Get a more accurate estimate of your Florida to Pennsylvania moving costs with our personalized calculator below. Simply enter your details and get instant pricing!
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Florida to Pennsylvania?
To ship furniture from Florida to Pennsylvania with a mover will cost between $1,229 to $4,968. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from FL to PA will range from $2,694 to $6,370, and a large move from Florida to Pennsylvania will cost from $4,519 to $8,519.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Florida to Pennsylvania?
Moving pods from Florida to Pennsylvania will cost you $1,016 to $2,481 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,819 to $3,640. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,461 to $4,811. Learn more about PODS cost.
How much is a moving truck from Florida to Pennsylvania?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $840 to $1,599. A larger move will cost $907 to $1,901, and a 4+ bedroom move from Florida to Pennsylvania costs from $1,140 to $2,315.
Is moving from Florida to Pennsylvania a good idea?
If you’re moving to Pennsylvania from Florida, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Florida vs Pennsylvania
|Average rent cost||$1,175||$938|
|Average home cost||$356,349||$254,015|
|Average income (per capita)||$57,703||$63,624|
|Cost of Living Index||98||100|
|Average Sales Tax||7.08%||6.34%|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||3.07%|
- Rent is about 20% less expensive in Pennsylvania than in Florida.
- Home prices are about 28.7% lower in Pennsylvania than in Florida.
- The average income is about 10.3% higher in Pennsylvania than in Florida.
- Cost of living is 2.0% lower in Pennsylvania than in Florida.
- Pennsylvania has a higher unemployment rate than Florida by about 54.3%.
- Sales taxes are 10.45% lower in Pennsylvania than in Florida.
- Income taxes are 3.07% higher in Pennsylvania than in Florida.
How is life different in Pennsylvania from Florida?
|Political leaning||Democratic 50-49||Republican 51-48|
- The population of Pennsylvania is approximately 40% lower than the population of Florida.
- In the last presidential election, Pennsylvania voted Democratic and Florida voted Republican.
- The average high in the summertime in Pennsylvania is 83ºF and in Florida, it’s 91ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Pennsylvania reaches the temperature of 19ºF and Florida gets down to 49ºF.
- You can expect about 44 inches of annual rainfall in Pennsylvania vs 55 inches of rainfall in Florida.
- In Pennsylvania, it snows about 38 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Florida.
- Pennsylvania has a lower crime rate than Florida with a crime index of 21.73 vs 19.99.
Comparing the pros of Florida vs. Pennsylvania:
There are always a lot of reasons to get excited about living somewhere new. These are the best parts of living in Florida vs Pennsylvania side-by-side.
|Pros of living in Florida||Pros of living in Pennsylvania|
|Fantastic weather||Low cost of living|
|Abundant water recreational activities||Abundant fun and recreational activities|
|Ample economic opportunity||Beautiful landscapes|
|World-leading entertainment||Ample economic opportunity|
|Beautiful flora and fauna||Excellent education options|
Comparing the cons of living in Florida vs. Pennsylvania:
Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, these are the things to be aware of when leaving Florida for Pennsylvania.
|Cons of living in Florida||Cons of living in Pennsylvania|
|High cost of living||Harsh winter weather|
|Poor healthcare||Bad driving conditions|
|Natural disasters||Nuclear power plants|
|Heat and humidity||Unpredictable weather|
|High crime rate||High taxes on gasoline|
Considerations for moving to Pennsylvania
- Weather: Pennsylvania experiences cold winters and humid summers. Summers are generally hot and humid. Moving toward the mountainous interior of the state, the winter climate becomes colder, the number of cloudy days increases, and snowfall amounts are greater. Tornadoes occur annually in the state, sometimes in large numbers, such as 30 recorded tornadoes in 2011; generally speaking, these tornadoes do not cause significant damage.
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: One common and important example of something that should be handled ahead of time is reserving the building's elevator and finding out their rules for using the elevator.
- Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles, find out ahead of time with your new local rules.
- State Licensing: For decades movers In Pennsylvania were regulated by the Public Utility Commission (PUC). Each company was issued a PUC Number and was required to abide by a universal publicly published tariff that established the rates movers could charge for various services. Now, some sources claim that the PUC no longer regulates in-state movers, and it appears as though the PUC’s website is no longer functioning. So if you’re moving within Pennsylvania, you’ll want to address these issues with your moving company representative and if possible, contact the state directly. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Pennsylvania moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Pennsylvania does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Pennsylvania. Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Florida movers?
most popularTop Notch Movers
|Get A Quote||
3430 NW 16h st bay 4/16, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33311
|A-1 Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
15070 Corporate Rd N, Jupiter, FL, 33478
|LOL Transport & Moving, Inc.||Get A Quote||
5821 Ehren Cutoff, Land O' Lakes, FL, 34639
Visit our Best Movers in Florida page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Things to do in Pennsylvania
While you’re in Pennsylvania, you won’t be bored. These are some of the coolest places to visit in your new home state.
- Gettysburg National Military Park
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Visit Strasburg
- Independence National Park and the Liberty Bell
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Presque Isle State Park
- Andy Warhol Museum
- Longwood Gardens
- Ohiopyle State Park
- Knoebels Amusement Resort
- Flight 93 National Memorial
- Ricketts Glen State Park
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- Lake Tobias Wildlife Park
- Eisenhower National Historic Site
- Reading Terminal Market
FAQs about moving from Florida to Pennsylvania
What is the cheapest way to move from Florida to Pennsylvania?
The cheapest way to move from Florida to Pennsylvania is with a DIY move. Here’s our guide for the cheapest way to move out of state.
What are the benefits of moving from Florida to Pennsylvania?
The main reasons people are moving from Florida to Pennsylvania are the amazing upsides of living in Pennsylvania such as low cost of living and abundant fun and recreational activities.