Quick Answer: The cost to move from Greensboro, NC to Texas averages from $1,107 to $6,843 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Texas to Greensboro, NC guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Texas. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Greensboro, NC to Texas movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Greensboro to Texas.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Greensboro, NC to Texas car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 1,334 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Greensboro, NC to Texas?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,255 - $4,964||$1,214 - $2,273||$1,056 - $1,459|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,013 - $6,843||$2,286 - $3,410||$1,107 - $1,706|
|4+ bedrooms||$5,344 - $9,648||$3,054 - $4,265||$1,386 - $2,036|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,334 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Greensboro, NC to Texas will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best Greensboro to Texas Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Greensboro, NC to Texas?
To ship furniture from Greensboro to Texas with a mover will cost between $1,255 to $4,964. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from The Gate City to TX will range from $3,013 to $6,843, and a large move from Greensboro to Texas will cost from $5,344 to $9,648.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Greensboro, NC to Texas?
Moving pods from Greensboro to Texas will cost you $1,214 to $2,273 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,286 to $3,410. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $3,054 to $4,265.
How much is a moving truck from Greensboro, NC to Texas?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,056 to $1,459. A larger move will cost $1,107 to $1,706, and a 4+ bedroom move from Greensboro to Texas costs from $1,386 to $2,036.
How to ship a car from Greensboro, NC to Texas
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Greensboro to Texas car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Greensboro, NC to Texas a good idea?
If you’re moving to Texas from Greensboro, NC, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Greensboro, NC vs Texas
|Average rent cost||$880||$1,045|
|Average home cost||$218,809||$276,048|
|Average income (per capita)||$57,714||$61,874|
|State Income Tax||5.25%||0.0%|
- Rent is about 18% more expensive in Texas than in Greensboro.
- Home prices are about 20.3% higher in Texas than in Greensboro.
- The average income is about 7.6% higher in Texas than in Greensboro.
- Texas has a lower unemployment rate than Greensboro by about 16.2%.
- Income taxes are 100.00% lower in Texas than in Greensboro.
How is life different in Greensboro, NC from Texas?
|Political leaning||Democrat 61-38||Republican 52-46|
- The population of Texas is approximately 9,647% greater than the population of Greensboro.
- In the last presidential election, Texas voted Republican and Greensboro voted Democrat.
- The average high in the summertime in Texas is 94ºF and in Greensboro, it’s 89ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Texas reaches the temperature of 36ºF and Greensboro gets down to 30ºF.
- You can expect about 36 inches of annual rainfall in Texas vs 45 inches of rainfall in Greensboro.
- In Texas, it snows about 2 inches annually vs 5 inches of snow in Greensboro.
- Texas has a lower crime rate than Greensboro with a crime index of 45.46 vs 27.11.
Comparing the pros of Greensboro, NC vs. Texas:
There are always a lot of reasons to get excited about living somewhere new. These are the best parts of living in Greensboro vs Texas side-by-side.
|Pros of living in Greensboro, NC||Pros of living in Texas|
|Bountiful arts and recreational activities||Ample economic opportunity|
|Delicious food||Favorable climate|
|Low traffic||Delicious barbecue|
|Privacy and freedom|
Comparing the cons of living in Greensboro, NC vs. Texas:
Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, these are the things to be aware of when leaving Greensboro for Texas.
|Cons of living in Greensboro, NC||Cons of living in Texas|
|Miserable weather||Severe weather|
|Boredom||Limited healthcare access|
|Urban sprawl||High crime rate|
|Overshadowed by neighboring large cities||Traffic issues|
Considerations for moving to Texas
- Weather: Although winters are mild, hurricane season during the summer months may affect your move..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In-state movers operating in the Lone Star State are legally required to be licensed by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV), which issues 10-digit TXDMV numbers to commercial carriers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Texas moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Texas does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Greensboro movers?
|Lawrence Moving||Get A Quote||
1101 Tarrant Rd STE 200, Greensboro, NC, 27409
|Tri City Movers||Get A Quote||
700 Guilford College Rd, Greensboro, NC, 27409
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
2704 Patterson St, Greensboro, NC, 27407
Visit our Best Movers in Greensboro page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Texas?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Texas.
Museums in Texas
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Waco Mammoth National Monument
- USS Lexington Museum on the Bay
- National Museum of the Pacific War
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- The Buddy Holly Center
- Jack Sisemore Traveland RV Museum
- The Alamo
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
Parks in Texas
- Balmorhea State Park, Toyahvale
- Big Bend National Park, far West Texas
- Big Thicket National Preserve, near Beaumont
- Enchanted Rock State Park, near Fredericksburg
- Garner State Park, Concan
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Salt Flat
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, Johnson City and Stonewall
- Padre Island National Seashore, Corpus Christi
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Canyon
- Seminole Canyon State Park and Historic Site, near Comstock
- Waco Mammoth National Monument, Waco
Sports Teams in Texas
- Austin FC (MLS)
- Dallas Cowboys (NFL)
- Dallas Mavericks (NBA)
- Dallas Stars (NHL)
- Dallas Wings (WNBA)
- FC Dallas (MLS)
- Houston Astros (MLB)
- Houston Dash (NWSL)
- Houston Dynamo (MLS)
- Houston Rockets (NBA)
- Houston Texans (NFL)
- San Antonio Spurs (NBA)
- Texas Rangers (MLB)
Universities in Texas
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Tech University
- University of Houston
- The University of Texas at Arlington
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- The University of North Texas
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Texas State University
Where to move in Texas
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Lone Star State," these are the best cities in Texas to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Texas:
- Corpus Christi
- El Paso
- Fort Worth
- San Antonio
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- North Carolina to Texas
- Greensboro to Houston
- Greensboro to San Antonio
- Greensboro to Dallas
- Greensboro to Austin
- Los Angeles to Texas
- New York City to Texas
- Chicago to Texas
- Phoenix to Texas
- Philadelphia to Texas
- San Diego to Texas
- San Jose to Texas
- Jacksonville to Texas
- Columbus to Texas
- Indianapolis to Texas
Learn more about Texas
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!