Quick Answer: The average cost to ship a car the 737 miles from California to Arizona ranges from $898 to $1,303 and takes 1-6 days.
Shipping a car the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Arizona to California car shipping guide.
The average cost to ship a car from California to Arizona
Because the distance between California to Arizona is about 737 miles, it’ll take from 1 to 6 days to complete your car shipment.
Cost to ship a car from Los Angeles, CA to Arizona
- Los Angeles to Phoenix: $639 to $873
- Los Angeles to Tucson: $734 to $1,008
- Los Angeles to Mesa: $663 to $908
- Los Angeles to Chandler: $663 to $908
- Los Angeles to Gilbert: $663 to $908
Cost to ship a car from San Diego, CA to Arizona
- San Diego to Phoenix: $639 to $873
- San Diego to Tucson: $685 to $938
- San Diego to Mesa: $639 to $873
- San Diego to Chandler: $639 to $873
- San Diego to Gilbert: $639 to $873
Cost to ship a car from San Jose, CA to Arizona
- San Jose to Phoenix: $886 to $1,277
- San Jose to Tucson: $924 to $1,370
- San Jose to Mesa: $898 to $1,303
- San Jose to Chandler: $898 to $1,303
- San Jose to Gilbert: $898 to $1,303
Cost to ship a car from San Francisco, CA to Arizona
- San Francisco to Phoenix: $908 to $1,327
- San Francisco to Tucson: $934 to $1,409
- San Francisco to Mesa: $908 to $1,327
- San Francisco to Chandler: $916 to $1,349
- San Francisco to Gilbert: $916 to $1,349
Cost to ship a car from Fresno, CA to Arizona
- Fresno to Phoenix: $808 to $1,130
- Fresno to Tucson: $886 to $1,277
- Fresno to Mesa: $827 to $1,162
- Fresno to Chandler: $827 to $1,162
- Fresno to Gilbert: $827 to $1,162
Shipping an SUV or Truck from California to Arizona
Since vehicles such as SUV, trucks, and vans are larger and heavier, it’s a bit more expensive to ship them than a sedan. How much more?
If you’re shipping a larger vehicle from California to Arizona you should expect to pay between $1,123 and $1,629.
Factors that affect the price of shipping a car from California to Arizona
- Open Carrier or Enclosed Trailer – Most new cars from ports and factories are moved on open auto carriers, while race cars, vintage collector’s cars, and high-dollar luxury cars get enclosed transport. If you’re not sure, check out our guide comparing open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Time of the year – Due to demand, prices to ship your car from California to Arizona tend to be a little higher in the summer.
- Size, Weight, and Type of Vehicle – The larger and heavier your vehicle, the more shipping your car to Arizona will cost.
- Delivery Expectations – Because it’ll make their job easier, your auto shipper may give you a pricing discount if you’re flexible on delivery dates. That being said, getting your car from California to Arizona should take between 1 and 6 days.
- Pick up and Drop-Off Options – Instead of door-to-door service, consider taking your vehicle to the nearest company terminal in California and having it delivered to the one closest to your new home in Arizona. It’s more work for you, but it could save you a bundle.
Resources for Shipping a Car from California to Arizona
The following resources can help with you shipping your car from California to Arizona:
- The best car shipping companies: Don’t run the risk of using an unreliable company to transport your car from California to Arizona. Using the right company can save you many headaches.
- Best California to Arizona movers: Moving too? We’ve handpicked the best moving companies between California and Arizona.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate of moving costs.
- California to Arizona movers & costs: Everything you should know about moving from California to Arizona.
Stick around for more details on costs, tips, and California car shippers you should use.
The best California to Arizona car shippers
A good car shipping company should cover the basics. These are the things to look out for in a quality transport company:
- Insurance: Make sure the insurance covers both the company and the hauler the company contracts with to ship the car.
- Experience: Look for a company that has multiple years of experience and a good track record.
- Shipping options: Good car shipping companies will offer open and closed transport, expedited delivery, shipment tracking, and more.
- Added Perks: Damage coverage, no initial deposits, rental car assistance, free car wash, and guaranteed pricing are some additional options great car shippers offer.
How car shipping from California to Arizona works
- After you’ve received your quote, book your vehicle transport from California to Arizona.
- Once booked, you’ll schedule your vehicle to be picked up in California where it will be loaded onto the carrier.
- Your vehicle will be safely unloaded from the carrier in Arizona on your delivery date.
What else should you know about shipping a car from California to Arizona?
- Car Insurance requirements: In Arizona, the minimum requirement for liability insurance coverage is $15,000 for one person's bodily injury in the event of an accident, $30,000 for multiple people's bodily injury per accident, and $10,000 for property damage per accident.
- Vehicle Inspection: Emissions testing is mandatory in Phoenix and Tucson, but not in the rest of Arizona. If you reside in either Phoenix or Tucson, you are required to undergo an emissions test every two years while renewing your vehicle registration. On the other hand, car safety inspections are not mandatory in the state of Arizona.
- Driver’s License: If you are a former resident of another state and now reside in Arizona, you will need to visit an Arizona Motor Vehicle Services office in person to obtain an Arizona driver's license. You have a 10-day window after relocating within the state to update the address on your Arizona driver's license.
- Additional Taxes: In Arizona, vehicle owners are required to pay the Vehicle License Tax (VLT) along with other fees. This tax serves as an alternative to the personal property tax that is imposed in some other states.
Alternative ways to ship your car from California to Arizona
- Drive it yourself: Straightforward but not always an option and it will put about 737 miles on your car going from California to Arizona. If you’re not sure, here are the pros and cons of driving your car vs shipping it.
- Ship it with your movers: If you hire a moving company, they also work with reputable car shippers. Otherwise, there may be the option of even shipping your car with your household belongings!
- Hire a driver: Hire someone to drive the car from California to Arizona for you. It’s an option…
- Ship by train: If this is an option for you, it’s an affordable and secure way of shipping your vehicle. Shipping a car by train is actually the cheapest way to ship your car!
Learn more with our car shipping checklist
Shipping Your Car from California to Arizona FAQs
Does someone have to be present when picking up my car in California and when dropping off my car in Arizona?
Most companies will require someone that is at least 18-years-old to be present when picking up your car in California and when dropping it off in Arizona.
Do you need car insurance when shipping your car from California to Arizona?
If you’re not driving the vehicle from California to Arizona, it’s not required to have typical car insurance. Your car hauler should have adequate insurance if an accident happened on the drive to Arizona, which you should verify before loading your car in California.
How long does it take to ship a car from California to Arizona?
Car shipping companies can travel about 500 miles per day. With the trip from California to Arizona being about 737 miles, that’s as fast as about 2 days. But most car transporting companies will take 1-6 days to go from California to Arizona.