Quick Answer: The average cost to ship a car the 394 miles from California to Nevada ranges from $663 to $908 and takes 1-4 days.
Shipping a car the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Nevada to California car shipping guide.
The average cost to ship a car from California to Nevada
Because the distance between California to Nevada is about 394 miles, it’ll take from 1 to 4 days to complete your car shipment.
Cost to ship a car from Los Angeles, CA to Nevada
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas: $548 to $748
- Los Angeles to Reno: $721 to $989
- Los Angeles to Henderson: $548 to $748
- Los Angeles to North Las Vegas: $512 to $698
- Los Angeles to Spring Valley: $512 to $698
Cost to ship a car from San Diego, CA to Nevada
- San Diego to Las Vegas: $611 to $835
- San Diego to Reno: $789 to $1,096
- San Diego to Henderson: $611 to $835
- San Diego to North Las Vegas: $611 to $835
- San Diego to Spring Valley: $611 to $835
Cost to ship a car from San Jose, CA to Nevada
- San Jose to Las Vegas: $767 to $1,061
- San Jose to Reno: $512 to $698
- San Jose to Henderson: $767 to $1,061
- San Jose to North Las Vegas: $767 to $1,061
- San Jose to Spring Valley: $745 to $1,024
Cost to ship a car from San Francisco, CA to Nevada
- San Francisco to Las Vegas: $789 to $1,096
- San Francisco to Reno: $516 to $665
- San Francisco to Henderson: $789 to $1,096
- San Francisco to North Las Vegas: $789 to $1,096
- San Francisco to Spring Valley: $789 to $1,096
Cost to ship a car from Fresno, CA to Nevada
- Fresno to Las Vegas: $663 to $908
- Fresno to Reno: $548 to $748
- Fresno to Henderson: $663 to $908
- Fresno to North Las Vegas: $663 to $908
- Fresno to Spring Valley: $663 to $908
Shipping an SUV or Truck from California to Nevada
Since vehicles such as SUV, trucks, and vans are larger and heavier, it’s a bit more expensive to ship them than a sedan. How much more?
If you’re shipping a larger vehicle from California to Nevada you should expect to pay between $829 and $1,135.
Factors that affect the price of shipping a car from California to Nevada
- Open Carrier or Enclosed Trailer – Most new cars from ports and factories are moved on open auto carriers, while race cars, vintage collector’s cars, and high-dollar luxury cars get enclosed transport. If you’re not sure, check out our guide comparing open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Time of the year – Due to demand, prices to ship your car from California to Nevada tend to be a little higher in the summer.
- Size, Weight, and Type of Vehicle – The larger and heavier your vehicle, the more shipping your car to Nevada will cost.
- Delivery Expectations – Because it’ll make their job easier, your auto shipper may give you a pricing discount if you’re flexible on delivery dates. That being said, getting your car from California to Nevada should take between 1 and 4 days.
- Pick up and Drop-Off Options – Instead of door-to-door service, consider taking your vehicle to the nearest company terminal in California and having it delivered to the one closest to your new home in Nevada. It’s more work for you, but it could save you a bundle.
Resources for Shipping a Car from California to Nevada
The following resources can help with you shipping your car from California to Nevada:
- The best car shipping companies: Don’t run the risk of using an unreliable company to transport your car from California to Nevada. Using the right company can save you many headaches.
- Best California to Nevada movers: Moving too? We’ve handpicked the best moving companies between California and Nevada.
- How much do movers cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate of moving costs.
- California to Nevada movers & costs: Everything you should know about moving from California to Nevada.
Stick around for more details on costs, tips, and California car shippers you should use.
The best California to Nevada car shippers
A good car shipping company should cover the basics. These are the things to look out for in a quality transport company:
- Insurance: Make sure the insurance covers both the company and the hauler the company contracts with to ship the car.
- Experience: Look for a company that has multiple years of experience and a good track record.
- Shipping options: Good car shipping companies will offer open and closed transport, expedited delivery, shipment tracking, and more.
- Added Perks: Damage coverage, no initial deposits, rental car assistance, free car wash, and guaranteed pricing are some additional options great car shippers offer.
How car shipping from California to Nevada works
- After you’ve received your quote, book your vehicle transport from California to Nevada.
- Once booked, you’ll schedule your vehicle to be picked up in California where it will be loaded onto the carrier.
- Your vehicle will be safely unloaded from the carrier in Nevada on your delivery date.
What else should you know about shipping a car from California to Nevada?
- Car Insurance requirements: All drivers in Nevada are required to have minimum liability insurance coverage of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for bodily injury and $20,000 for property damage.
- Vehicle Inspection: The State of Nevada requires yearly vehicle emissions and VIN tests.
- Driver’s License: To obtain a driver's license in Nevada as a new resident, you must apply for it in-person at a DMV office within 30 days of establishing residency in Nevada.
- Additional Taxes: Nevada has a state tax rate of 4.6%. The exact amount of taxes and fees you pay will depend on the value of your vehicle and your county of residency.
Alternative ways to ship your car from California to Nevada
- Drive it yourself: Straightforward but not always an option and it will put about 394 miles on your car going from California to Nevada. If you’re not sure, here are the pros and cons of driving your car vs shipping it.
- Ship it with your movers: If you hire a moving company, they also work with reputable car shippers. Otherwise, there may be the option of even shipping your car with your household belongings!
- Hire a driver: Hire someone to drive the car from California to Nevada for you. It’s an option…
- Ship by train: If this is an option for you, it’s an affordable and secure way of shipping your vehicle. Shipping a car by train is actually the cheapest way to ship your car!
Learn more with our car shipping checklist
Shipping Your Car from California to Nevada FAQs
Does someone have to be present when picking up my car in California and when dropping off my car in Nevada?
Most companies will require someone that is at least 18-years-old to be present when picking up your car in California and when dropping it off in Nevada.
Do you need car insurance when shipping your car from California to Nevada?
If you’re not driving the vehicle from California to Nevada, it’s not required to have typical car insurance. Your car hauler should have adequate insurance if an accident happened on the drive to Nevada, which you should verify before loading your car in California.
How long does it take to ship a car from California to Nevada?
Car shipping companies can travel about 500 miles per day. With the trip from California to Nevada being about 394 miles, that’s as fast as about 1 day. But most car transporting companies will take 1-4 days to go from California to Nevada.