Quick Answer: The average cost to move from Florida to Tennessee ranges from $914 to $6,323. Moving costs will vary based on the amount of stuff being moved, the time of year, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself.
Moving out of state can feel overwhelming. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know for your move to Tennessee . But just in case you’re short on time, here are a few quick resources to get immediate answers.
- How much will your move cost?: Want to narrow down how much your move will cost? Use our moving cost calculator to get more specific price ranges and recommendations on the best companies to use for your move.
- Best Florida to Tennessee movers: If you plan on hiring a moving company be sure to check out our list of the top movers from Florida to Tennessee .
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Florida to Tennessee car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Okay, let’s talk about moving costs.
How much does it cost to move from Florida to Tennessee ?
The table below lays out average cost ranges for different moving services depending on the size of your home.
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,381 - $3,780||$1,026 - $2,039||$864 - $1,197|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,450 - $6,323||$1,917 - $3,048||$914 - $1,411|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,457 - $9,435||$2,545 - $3,787||$1,153 - $1,667|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 702 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Florida to Tennessee will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Florida to Tennessee Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Safeway Moving Systems
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Air Van northAmerican Van Lines
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How to ship a car from Florida to Tennessee
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car safely arrives in Tennessee .
Here's our list of the best Florida to Tennessee car shipping companies.
|Montway Auto Transport||Best Overall Value||
|Ship A Car Direct||Best Insurance Coverage||
|Easy Auto Ship||best for quick pick up||
Is moving from Florida to Tennessee a good idea?
Cost of Living: Florida vs Tennessee
|Average rent cost||$1,175||$869||-26%|
|Average home cost||$356,349||$277,805||-22.0%|
|Average income (per capita)||$57,703||$54,833||-5.0%|
|Cost of Living Index||98||89||-9.0%|
|Average Sales Tax||7.08%||9.55%||+34.89%|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||0.0%||+0.00%|
How is life different in Tennessee from Florida?
|Political leaning||Republican 61-37||Republican 51-48|
Considerations for moving to Tennessee
- Weather: Most of Tennessee has hot and humid summers and cool to mild winters, with the exception of some of the higher elevations in the Appalachians, which has mild summers and cool winters. The state averages about 15 tornadoes a year.
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: One common and important example of something that should be handled ahead of time is reserving the building's elevator and finding out their rules for using the elevator.
- Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles, find out ahead of time with your new local rules.
- State Licensing: Interstate authority all moving companies based on Tennessee to carry Bingo Stamp. Also they need to be registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT). Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- Moving Permits: Tennessee does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Tennessee . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
Where to live in Tennessee
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Volunteer State," these are the best cities in Tennessee to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Tennessee :
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!