Quick Answer: The cost to move from Louisville, KY to Tallahassee, FL averages from $914 to $6,639 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Tallahassee, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Louisville to Tallahassee movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Louisville to Tallahassee.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Louisville to Tallahassee car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 667 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Louisville to Tallahassee?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,450 - $3,969||$1,026 - $2,039||$864 - $1,197|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,572 - $6,639||$1,917 - $3,048||$914 - $1,411|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,679 - $9,906||$2,545 - $3,787||$1,153 - $1,667|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 667 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Louisville to Tallahassee will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Louisville to Tallahassee Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Safeway Moving Systems
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Air Van northAmerican Van Lines
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How to ship a car from Louisville to Tallahassee
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Louisville to Tallahassee car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
|Montway Auto Transport||Best Overall Value||
|Ship A Car Direct||Best Insurance Coverage||
|Easy Auto Ship||best for quick pick up||
Is moving from Louisville, KY to Tallahassee, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Louisville vs Tallahassee
|Average rent cost||$966||$969||0%|
|Average home value||$222,845||$254,068||14.0%|
|Average income (per capita)||$61,172||$45,734||-25.2%|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$909||$1,681||84.9%|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,189||$3,608||13.1%|
|State Income Tax||5.0%||0.0%||-100.00%|
How is life different in Louisville, KY to Tallahassee, FL?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||5||6|
|Bike friendliness score||45||79|
Considerations for moving to Tallahassee, FL
- Weather: Tallahassee has long summers and short, mild winters, as well as drier springs and autumns..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure to verify the legality of the moving company you're dealing with with the state government. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Tallahassee. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Tallahassee
- New York City to Tallahassee
- Chicago to Tallahassee
- Houston to Tallahassee
- Phoenix to Tallahassee
- Philadelphia to Tallahassee
- San Antonio to Tallahassee
- San Diego to Tallahassee
- Dallas to Tallahassee
- San Jose to Tallahassee
Learn more about Tallahassee
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!