Quick Answer: The average cost to move from New York to Jacksonville, FL ranges from $1,107 to $6,347. Moving costs will vary based on the amount of stuff being moved, the time of year, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself.
Moving out of state can feel overwhelming. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know for your move to Jacksonville, FL. But just in case you’re short on time, here are a few quick resources to get immediate answers.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Jacksonville, FL to New York guide.
- How much will your move cost?: Want to narrow down how much your move will cost? Use our moving cost calculator to get more specific price ranges and recommendations on the best companies to use for your move.
- Best New York to Jacksonville, FL movers: If you plan on hiring a moving company be sure to check out our list of the top movers from New York to Jacksonville, FL.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- New York to Jacksonville, FL car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Okay, let’s talk about moving costs.
How much does it cost to move from New York to Jacksonville, FL?
The table below lays out average cost ranges for different moving services depending on the size of your home.
|Size of the Move||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,247 - $5,077||$1,214 - $2,273||$1,056 - $1,459|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,644 - $6,347||$2,286 - $3,410||$1,107 - $1,706|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,334 - $8,317||$3,054 - $4,265||$1,386 - $2,036|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,189 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from New York to Jacksonville, FL will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best New York to Jacksonville, FL Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from New York to Jacksonville, FL?
To ship furniture from New York to Jacksonville with a mover will cost between $1,247 to $5,077. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Jacksonville to FL will range from $2,644 to $6,347, and a large move from New York to Jacksonville will cost from $4,334 to $8,317.
How much are moving containers like PODS from New York to Jacksonville, FL?
Moving pods from New York to Jacksonville will cost you $1,214 to $2,273 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,286 to $3,410. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $3,054 to $4,265.
How much is a moving truck from New York to Jacksonville, FL?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,056 to $1,459. A larger move will cost $1,107 to $1,706, and a 4+ bedroom move from New York to Jacksonville costs from $1,386 to $2,036.
How to ship a car from New York to Jacksonville, FL
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable NY to Jacksonville, FL car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from New York to Jacksonville, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: New York vs Jacksonville, FL
|Average rent cost||$1,280||$1,271|
|Average home value||$381,335||$279,696|
|Average income (per capita)||$71,117||$56,975|
|State Income Tax||10.9%||0.0%|
- Rent is about the same cost in Jacksonville and New York.
- Home prices are about 26.7% lower in Jacksonville than in New York.
- The average income is about 19.9% lower in Jacksonville than in New York.
- Jacksonville has a lower unemployment rate than New York by about 5.7%.
- Income taxes are 100.00% lower in Jacksonville than in New York.
How is life different in Jacksonville from New York?
|Political leaning||Democratic 51-47||Democratic 61-38|
- The population of Jacksonville is approximately 95% lower than the population of New York.
- In the last presidential election, Jacksonville voted Democratic and New York voted Democratic.
- The average high in the summertime in Jacksonville is 91ºF and in New York, it’s 81ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Jacksonville reaches the temperature of 44ºF and New York gets down to 16ºF.
- You can expect about 50 inches of annual rainfall in Jacksonville vs 44 inches of rainfall in New York.
- In Jacksonville, it snows about 0 inches annually vs 62 inches of snow in New York.
- Jacksonville has a higher crime rate than New York with a crime index of 34.87 vs 16.99.
Considerations for moving to Jacksonville, FL
- Weather: Jacksonville has hot humid summers, and warm to mild and drier winters. Seasonal rainfall is concentrated in the warmest months from May through September, when brief but intense downpours with thunder and lightning are common, while the driest months are from November through April. Be sure to check your weather app to avoid rain during your move..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: One common and important example of something that should be handled ahead of time is reserving the building's elevator and finding out their rules for using the elevator.
- Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles, find out ahead of time with your new local rules.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Florida. Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local New York movers?
|Triangle Movers Inc.||Get A Quote||
240 Dupont Ave., Newburgh, NY, 12550
|Interior Moving Services Inc||Get A Quote||
157 La Grange Ave, Rochester, NY, 14613
|Mabey's Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
515 Third Avenue Extension, Rensselaer, NY, 12144
Visit our Best Movers in New York page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Need a local Jacksonville mover?
|Get A Quote||
718 South 2nd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL, 32250
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
9450 Philips Highway, Jacksonville, FL, 32256
|Baymeadows Movers||Get A Quote||
6419 Philips Highway, Jacksonville, FL, 32216
Visit our Best Movers in Jacksonville page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Jacksonville?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Jacksonville.
Museums in Jacksonville
- The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
- Museum of Science and History
- Timucuan Ecological & Historical Preserve
- Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
- Mandarin Museum & Historical Society
- Ritz Theatre & LaVilla Museum
- Hands On Children's Museum
- Museum of Southern History
- Alexander Brest Planetarium
- The Brumos Collection
Parks in Jacksonville
- Little Talbot Island State Park
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
- Fort Caroline National Memorial
- Huguenot Memorial Park
- Friendship Fountain
- Castaway Island Preserve
- Memorial Park
- Timucuan Ecological & Historical Preserve
- Metropolitan Park
- Dog Wood Park
- Jesse Ball Dupont Park
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park
- Ed Austin Regional Park
- Riverside Park
- Stockton Park
Sports Teams in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
Universities in Jacksonville
- Art Institute of Jacksonville
- Edward Waters College Jacksonville
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Jacksonville University
- University of Florida Health Science Center
- University of North Florida
Where to move to in Jacksonville, FL?
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Jax," these are the best neighborhoods in Jacksonville to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Secret Cove
- South Riverside
- Windy Hill
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Beacon Hills & Harbour
- Orange Park
- Ortega Forest
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Jacksonville
- New York City to Jacksonville
- Chicago to Jacksonville
- Houston to Jacksonville
- Phoenix to Jacksonville
- Philadelphia to Jacksonville
- San Antonio to Jacksonville
- San Diego to Jacksonville
- Dallas to Jacksonville
- San Jose to Jacksonville
Learn more about Jacksonville, FL
- What Is The Cost To Move In Jacksonville?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Florida?
- Tips on Moving to Jacksonville, FL: Relocation Guide
- Best Moving Companies in Florida
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!