Moving from Philadelphia, PA to Port St. Lucie, FL: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Philadelphia, PA to Port St. Lucie, FL averages from $785 to $6,265 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Port St. Lucie, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Port St. Lucie to Philadelphia guide.
- Best Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,085 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,218 - $4,935||$892 - $2,177||$726 - $1,380|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,634 - $6,265||$1,599 - $3,192||$785 - $1,641|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,378 - $8,311||$2,160 - $4,210||$985 - $1,997|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,085 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie?
To ship furniture from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie with a mover will cost between $1,218 to $4,935. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,634 to $6,265, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie will cost from $4,378 to $8,311.
How much are moving container companies from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie?
Moving containers from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie will cost you $892 to $2,177 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,599 to $3,192. A larger home will cost $2,160 to $4,210.
How much is a moving truck from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $726 to $1,380. A larger move will cost $785 to $1,641, and a 4+ bedroom move from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie costs from $985 to $1,997.
How to ship a car from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie?
If you're moving from Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated Philadelphia to Port St. Lucie car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from Philadelphia, PA to Port St. Lucie, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Philadelphia vs Port St. Lucie
|Philadelphia||Port St. Lucie|
|Average rent cost||$1,400||$1,850|
|Average home value||$227,569||$366,005|
|Average income (per capita)||$65,077||$60,587|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,068||$1,754|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,813||$3,973|
|State Income Tax||3.07%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Port St. Lucie, FL are 32% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Home Prices in Port St. Lucie, FL are 60.8% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Income in Port St. Lucie, FL is 6.9% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Port St. Lucie, FL is 64.2% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Port St. Lucie, FL is 4.2% higher than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Unemployment rate in Port St. Lucie, FL is 54.55% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- Sales Taxes in Port St. Lucie, FL are 12.50% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
- State Income Taxes in Port St. Lucie, FL are 100.00% lower than in Philadelphia, PA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $1,073.0 in Port St. Lucie to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Philadelphia.
How is life different in Philadelphia, PA to Port St. Lucie, FL?
|Port St. Lucie||Philadelphia|
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||1||9|
|Bike friendliness score||36||67|
- Port St. Lucie’s population is about 87% less than Philadelphia.
- Port St. Lucie’s public transportation is better than Philadelphia with a score of 1 vs 9.
- Port St. Lucie is less walkable than Philadelphia with a score of 13 vs 75.
- Port St. Lucie is less bike-friendly than Philadelphia with a score of 36 vs 67.
- Port St. Lucie's crime rate is lower than Philadelphia with a score of 9.42 compared to 39.3.
- Port St. Lucie is considered to be safer than Philadelphia with a safety index of 61.54 vs 37.1.
- Air Quality in Port St. Lucie is Good, and in Philadelphia it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Port St. Lucie, FL
- Weather: Port St. Lucie summers are usually hot, with high temperatures averaging in the low 90s. Winters are usually mild to warm, with average high temperatures in the 70s. Port St. Lucie is also vulnerable to hurricanes..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Port St. Lucie. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Philadelphia Movers
|Get A Quote||
230 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA, 19102
|Gentle Giant Moving Company||Get A Quote||
1450 S Warfield Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19146
|EverSafe Moving Co.||Get A Quote||
8701 Torresdale Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19136
Visit our Best Movers in Philadelphia page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Port St. Lucie
Moving to The “PSL”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- First Data Field
- Savannas Preserve State Park
- Veterans Park at Rivergate
- Port St Lucie Botanical Gardens
- Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club
- Oak Hammock Park
- Hop Life Brewing
- Paleo Hammock Preserve
- River Park Marina
- City of Port St. Lucie Civic Center
Get your sports on!Port St. Lucie is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- St. Lucie Mets (Low-A)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Port St. Lucie
- New York City to Port St. Lucie
- Chicago to Port St. Lucie
- Houston to Port St. Lucie
- Phoenix to Port St. Lucie
- San Antonio to Port St. Lucie
- San Diego to Port St. Lucie
- Dallas to Port St. Lucie
- San Jose to Port St. Lucie
- Austin to Port St. Lucie