Quick Answer: The average cost to move from Texas to Mesa, AZ ranges from $914 to $6,163. Moving costs will vary based on the amount of stuff being moved, the time of year, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself.
Moving out of state can feel overwhelming. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know for your move to Mesa, AZ. But just in case you’re short on time, here are a few quick resources to get immediate answers.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Mesa, AZ to Texas guide.
- How much will your move cost?: Want to narrow down how much your move will cost? Use our moving cost calculator to get more specific price ranges and recommendations on the best companies to use for your move.
- Best Texas to Mesa, AZ movers: If you plan on hiring a moving company be sure to check out our list of the top movers from Texas to Mesa, AZ.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Texas to Mesa, AZ car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Okay, let’s talk about moving costs.
How much does it cost to move from Texas to Mesa, AZ?
The table below lays out average cost ranges for different moving services depending on the size of your home.
|Size of the Move||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,211 - $4,930||$1,026 - $2,039||$864 - $1,197|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,567 - $6,163||$1,917 - $3,048||$914 - $1,411|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,208 - $8,075||$2,545 - $3,787||$1,153 - $1,667|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 872 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Texas to Mesa, AZ will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Texas to Mesa, AZ Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Texas to Mesa, AZ?
To ship furniture from Texas to Mesa with a mover will cost between $1,211 to $4,930. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Mesa to AZ will range from $2,567 to $6,163, and a large move from Texas to Mesa will cost from $4,208 to $8,075.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Texas to Mesa, AZ?
Moving pods from Texas to Mesa will cost you $1,026 to $2,039 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,917 to $3,048. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $2,545 to $3,787.
How much is a moving truck from Texas to Mesa, AZ?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $864 to $1,197. A larger move will cost $914 to $1,411, and a 4+ bedroom move from Texas to Mesa costs from $1,153 to $1,667.
How to ship a car from Texas to Mesa, AZ
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable TX to Mesa, AZ car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Texas to Mesa, AZ a good idea?
Cost of Living: Texas vs Mesa, AZ
|Average rent cost||$1,045||$1,300|
|Average home value||$276,048||$405,723|
|Average income (per capita)||$61,874||$59,455|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||4.5%|
- Rent is about 24% more expensive in Mesa than in Texas.
- Home prices are about 47.0% higher in Mesa than in Texas.
- The average income is about 3.9% lower in Mesa than in Texas.
- Mesa has a higher unemployment rate than Texas by about 22.0%.
- Income taxes are 4.50% higher in Mesa than in Texas.
How is life different in Mesa from Texas?
|Political leaning||Democrat 50-48||Republican 52-46|
- The population of Mesa is approximately 98% lower than the population of Texas.
- In the last presidential election, Mesa voted Democrat and Texas voted Republican.
- The average high in the summertime in Mesa is 105ºF and in Texas, it’s 94ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Mesa reaches the temperature of 40ºF and Texas gets down to 36ºF.
- You can expect about 10 inches of annual rainfall in Mesa vs 36 inches of rainfall in Texas.
- In Mesa, it snows about 0 inches annually vs 2 inches of snow in Texas.
- Mesa has a lower crime rate than Texas with a crime index of 27.11 vs 23.2.
Considerations for moving to Mesa, AZ
- Weather: Extreme heat may cause discomfort if you choose to move in the summer. Pay close attention to heat sensitive household items such as instruments, antique furniture, and electronics. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: One common and important example of something that should be handled ahead of time is reserving the building's elevator and finding out their rules for using the elevator.
- Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles, find out ahead of time with your new local rules.
- State Licensing: Though Arizona is largely an “unregulated” state, local moving companies are subject to some Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) and Department of Weights and Measures regulations intended to ensure that they operate safely and ethically. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Arizona moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Arizona does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Arizona. Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Texas movers?
|3 Men Movers||Get A Quote||
302 Casa Blanca St, San Antonio, TX, 78215
|Square Cow||Get A Quote||
2500 Brushy Creek Loop, Cedar Park, TX, 78613
|Olde World Movers||Get A Quote||
909 Heather Dr, Euless, TX, 76040
Visit our Best Movers in Texas page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Comparing the pros of Texas vs. Mesa, AZ:
There are always a lot of reasons to get excited about living somewhere new. These are the best parts of living in Texas vs Mesa side-by-side.
|Pros of living in Texas||Pros of living in Mesa, AZ|
|Ample economic opportunity||Bountiful outdoor activities|
|Favorable climate||Beautiful nature|
|Delicious barbecue||Low cost of living|
|Privacy and freedom||Abundant food options|
Comparing the cons of living in Texas vs. Mesa, AZ:
Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, these are the things to be aware of when leaving Texas for Mesa.
|Cons of living in Texas||Cons of living in Mesa, AZ|
|Severe weather||Terrible traffic|
|Limited healthcare access||Tourists|
|High crime rate||Hot summers|
|Traffic issues||Low wages|
Need a local Mesa mover?
|Just-In Time Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4627 E Ivy St, Mesa, AZ, 85205
|In or Out Movers||Get A Quote||
185 W Linda Ln, Chandler, AZ, 85225
|You Move Me||Get A Quote||
3260 North Hayden Rd Ste 210, Scottsdale, AZ, 85251
Visit our Best Movers in Mesa page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Mesa?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Mesa.
Museums in Mesa
- Commemorative Air Force Museum
- Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Mesa Arts Center
- i.d.e.a. Museum
- Mesa Historical Museum
Parks in Mesa
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
- Freestone Park
- Riverview Park
- Pioneer Park
Sports Teams in Mesa
Universities in Mesa
- Mesa Community College,
- Polytechnic campus of Arizona State University
- A. T. Still University: Osteopathic Medical School
- CAE Global Academy Phoenix
- Albright College
- Westminster College
- Benedictine University
- Upper Iowa University
- Wilkes University
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Mesa
- New York City to Mesa
- Chicago to Mesa
- Houston to Mesa
- Philadelphia to Mesa
- San Antonio to Mesa
- San Diego to Mesa
- Dallas to Mesa
- San Jose to Mesa
- Austin to Mesa
Learn more about Mesa, AZ
- What Is The Cost To Move In Mesa?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Arizona?
- Best Moving Companies in Arizona
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!