Arizona. The land of ample economic opportunity, pleasant weather, abundant recreational opportunities, and cultural diversity . It’s very easy to see why you’d want to move there.
Surely if you’re looking to move to Arizona, you know all of this but… How much does it cost to move to Arizona?
That’s a far less known fact that you need to know if you’re moving to Arizona.
Fortunately, you’re here. We’re going to break down how much it generally costs to move to Arizona.
Of course, it’s crucial to get a personalized quote for your move. For that, take a look at our moving cost calculator.
So… How Much Does it Cost to Move to Arizona?
The following prices are what you might expect to pay a professional moving company to move your items to Arizona.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||# of Movers||# Hours||Cost/hour|
|Studio||$282||2 movers||3 hours||$119|
|1 Bedroom||$401||2 movers||4 hours||$119|
|2 Bedroom||$664||3 movers||5 hours||$167|
|3 Bedroom||$1,561||4 movers||8 hours||$233|
|4 Bedroom||$1,794||4 movers||9 hours||$233|
|5+ Bedroom||$2,779||5 movers||10 hours||$327|
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Factors for your move
Before we get into the actual figures, it’s important that we touch on the main contributing factors that are going to affect the cost of your move to Arizona.
- Size of your move: The more things you move, the more the move is going to cost. You’ll want to make sure that you’re only bringing with you those things that you truly want to have in Arizona.
- Distance of the move: How far you are moving is another thing that is going to affect the cost of the relocation. The further the move, the higher the cost.
- Type of move: You have four main options for your move. A full-service moving company, renting a moving truck, getting a moving container, and hiring a freight trailer. We will break these down further in the article.
- Add-on services: Generally speaking, the more you do yourself the less the move is going to cost you. However, it can be nice to have professionals do your packing and unpacking for you. That’s going to cost a little extra.
- Time of the year: Moving in the summer can cost from 20-30% more! Relocating when moving companies have less demand will certainly bring your costs down.
How much does it cost to live in Arizona?
- The cost index in Arizona is 97. This means it’s about 3% less expensive than the national average.
- The average rent in Arizona for a one-bedroom apartment is $1,052 which is 20.66% lower than the national average.
- The average home value in Arizona is $407,715 which is about 14.52% more expensive than the national average.
- The average income in Arizona is $58,945 which is about 9.31% lower than the national average.
What are your moving options?
Hire a Professional Moving Company
Hiring a professional mover to move to Arizona will cost the most money but will require the least amount of work.
Below is a list of the best companies to hire for your move.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best for complex moves
Get A Quote
Other Moving to Arizona options
- Rent a Moving Truck: This is your typical rental from a company like U-Haul. This will require the most amount of work but is the cheapest option.
- Rent a Moving Container: The pricing is a little more than a rental truck but less than a professional mover. This is a great option if you need storage with your move.
- Use Freight Shipping: An option for cross-country moves.
How do I ship a car to Arizona?
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move. Here are the top shippers:
|Montway Auto Transport||Best Overall Value||
|Ship A Car Direct||Best Insurance Coverage||
|Easy Auto Ship||best for quick pick up||
Where are people moving to Arizona from?
You’re not alone in your move to The Grand Canyon State. These are the top states people are moving from:
- New York
- North Carolina
Things to Know about your move
Although cost is certainly important, there are other factors that you should consider about your move.
- State Licensing: Though Arizona is largely an “unregulated” state, local moving companies are subject to some Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) and Department of Weights and Measures regulations intended to ensure that they operate safely and ethically.
- Mover's Insurance: Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Weather: Arizona may be on of the top states where your move is least likely to be affected by climate due to the unlikelihood of extremely cold days and natural disasters.
What is the cheapest way to move to Arizona?
Consider the particularities of your move. For some people, it’s cheaper to rent a moving container, but for others, it makes more sense to hire a professional moving company. To get the best idea of which option is best for you, we have a moving cost calculator that will give you a free, personalized, and instant quote.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!